Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSIC week 6 chat

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

    I think the National Championship banner is around there somewhere, maybe you'll find it
    I haven’t been in there since Augie claimed that place as their home court but I would imagine they may have moved it there. Banners hang forever my friend.

    Comment


    • #62
      Good game, that was a fun. Always good to get a win in our second home. Cartwright makes such a huge difference if he can get healthy. Riemersma was really good tonight. Kallman and Stark played well too. Parker didn’t have his best game and still had 21.Kudos to Midco on a good broadcast. It’s always a treat when they do a Wolves game.

      Comment


      • #63
        Northern handled their business. Honestly, I kind of wish Fox hadn't fouled out. Statistically he would've been our best option to miss free throws down the stretch, and he kind of vanished the last 4-5 minutes before he fouled out. I suppose that might've been due to having to play with 4 fouls.

        Either way, tough loss to swallow. Glad to see Cartwright come back out. He's hit so many huge 3s the past couple of years that I just sort of figured that one at the end was going in too. Too bad.

        Also thought a weirdly big play was Dykman missing that three at the top of the key that rolled around and popped out with 8 or 9 minutes left. Vikes were up 1, would've gone up 4, and instead NSU comes down and hits a three to take the lead at 62-60. Pretty big swing, unfortunately.

        All that being said, I would be very, very happy to play NSU again in the NSIC Tournament if we have the opportunity. Hopefully by then we'll have fixed whatever malaise is screwing up this team right now.

        Comment


        • #64
          Mustangs gut one out up in Minot....Green Beavers had no response for Phipps off the bench.

          Comment


          • #65
            Brandon Myer only played 13 minutes for Duluth tonight. Anyone know if he got hurt and how bad?

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
              Northern handled their business. Honestly, I kind of wish Fox hadn't fouled out. Statistically he would've been our best option to miss free throws down the stretch, and he kind of vanished the last 4-5 minutes before he fouled out. I suppose that might've been due to having to play with 4 fouls.

              Either way, tough loss to swallow. Glad to see Cartwright come back out. He's hit so many huge 3s the past couple of years that I just sort of figured that one at the end was going in too. Too bad.

              Also thought a weirdly big play was Dykman missing that three at the top of the key that rolled around and popped out with 8 or 9 minutes left. Vikes were up 1, would've gone up 4, and instead NSU comes down and hits a three to take the lead at 62-60. Pretty big swing, unfortunately.

              All that being said, I would be very, very happy to play NSU again in the NSIC Tournament if we have the opportunity. Hopefully by then we'll have fixed whatever malaise is screwing up this team right now.
              Good contest between a couple of top teams in the conference. I thought that garbage goaltending call against Parker was going to play dividends but Northern battled through it.

              Gabe King hopefully won’t miss all those wide open 3’s at the end of the year so I, too, will be happy to play Augie at the NSIC Tourney on Northerns home court down in Sioux Falls.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                Glad to see Cartwright come back out. He's hit so many huge 3s the past couple of years that I just sort of figured that one at the end was going in too.

                All that being said, I would be very, very happy to play NSU again in the NSIC Tournament if we have the opportunity.
                I screamed at my computer when Tommy fell down. I thought for sure Cartwright was knocking that shot down. I also think most Wolves fans would like to see another NSU vs. Augie matchup later this season in the Pentagon.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                  Mustangs gut one out up in Minot....Green Beavers had no response for Phipps off the bench.
                  Minot or Green Beavers? You cant have both unless they are playing eachother

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Thunder View Post

                    I screamed at my computer when Tommy fell down. I thought for sure Cartwright was knocking that shot down. I also think most Wolves fans would like to see another NSU vs. Augie matchup later this season in the Pentagon.
                    Well yeah...but if the season ended now and Upper Iowa holds on, I believe through tiebreakers Augie would have to go play at Bemidji in the 1st round.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

                      Well yeah...but if the season ended now and Upper Iowa holds on, I believe through tiebreakers Augie would have to go play at Bemidji in the 1st round.
                      I'd be ok playing them again too.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        BSU plays another good game but falls in OT at Upper Iowa. BSU's 3rd straight OT loss. :-(

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

                          Well yeah...but if the season ended now and Upper Iowa holds on, I believe through tiebreakers Augie would have to go play at Bemidji in the 1st round.
                          I rather see Augie later in the tournament as I think the atmosphere would be awesome. But I guess if it’s in the quarterfinals I’ll take what I can get.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            What do we think of USF right now? I thought they would struggle this year but they have already won a lot games. However, I think the Coo have had the easier part of their schedule so far. They got smoked by Crookston by 25 and Duluth by 35 this year. Are they really the best team in the South or are they due to come back down to Earth in the second half of conference play?

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Moorhead gets win at Wayne. Led entire game. Jordan Janssen very good player. Surprised Wayne doesn’t get him more shots. He needs 15-18 attempts each game for that team. Baumgartner with 20 points for dragons in first 6-8 min of game then couldn’t find it in second half. Great game by jack rusch. Moorhead desperate for more shooting. Will be big if rusch keeps it up. Will see if dragons can stop streak of one good game per weekend. Expect Augie to be more than ready after home loss to wolves. Hopefully they are still in funk after tough rivalry loss tonight.

                              tough luck with Bemidji losing Morgan to injury earlier in year. With him, Bemidji probably has 2-3 more conference wins this year. He is definitely one of best pgs in conference. Still not sold on USF...which they probably love to hear as I’m consistently wrong. Just can believe they can keep holding teams to 50 points. Usf better not get behind...not sure they have the offense to catch-up.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by NSUguy View Post
                                Gabe King needs to be better. So many missed open shots.
                                Hmmmm

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X