Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Extremely bored so going to give my predictions for the upcoming Nsic season. Doing this largely to help me cope with my depression In thinking about a potential winter with no basketball. Will do deeper dive into the various Nsic teams once a season is confirmed to be a go. As has been stated in the past, I expect the South to be better than the North next year...so the records reflect that assumption with the South teams beating eachother up.

North
    1. NSU - 17-5
    2. MSUM - 15-7
    3. BSU - 11-11
    4. SCSU 10-12
    4. UMD 10-12
    6. Mary 8-14
    7. Minot 7-15
    8. Crookston 5-17

South
    1. USF - 14-8
    1. Augustana - 14-8
    1. Winona - 14-8
    4. UIU - 12-10
    4. MSU - 12-10
    6. Southwest - 8-14
    7. CSP - 5-17
    8. Wayne - 4-18
    Last edited by Moorhead123; 09-13-2020, 12:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Things will probably loosen up after November 3rd. Isn't that what its all about?
    I've heard a lot of people say this. While I do think there's a lot of politics going on around this, I don't believe it will completely go away after the election.

But back to basketball.....

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Yeah, unfortunately this is where I'm at right now too
    Things will probably loosen up after November 3rd. Isn't that what its all about?

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    There isn't going to be basketball this winter. Go listen to what the "experts" and politicians say. They talk about new waves, talk about flu season. Eeven if things don't get worse, they will claim they are not better. If we couldn't play football outside (they could have easily done it with limited fans) -- and they are doing it in many places, and we couldn't play volleyball (again with limited fans) why would anyone think things will change in 3 or 4 months.

Nothing has changed in 6 months...

Then look at how risk averse the Universities are (except when it comes to getting the kids on campus to collect money), it isn't happening. Plain and simple. I am in Minnesota and the hysteria is mind boggling.
    Yeah, unfortunately this is where I'm at right now too

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    There isn't going to be basketball this winter. Go listen to what the "experts" and politicians say. They talk about new waves, talk about flu season. Eeven if things don't get worse, they will claim they are not better. If we couldn't play football outside (they could have easily done it with limited fans) -- and they are doing it in many places, and we couldn't play volleyball (again with limited fans) why would anyone think things will change in 3 or 4 months.

Nothing has changed in 6 months...

Then look at how risk averse the Universities are (except when it comes to getting the kids on campus to collect money), it isn't happening. Plain and simple. I am in Minnesota and the hysteria is mind boggling.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Just reading the clear tea leaves...it’s probably 50/50 whether any season at all takes place this year. Anyone who cares, may want to start making some noise with those in charge. May or may not help with the playing of an actual season. Just some food for thought.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    No guarantees seasons don’t get pushed back even further. Hope not...but anything is possible at this point.
    The whole thing is a crap shoot. Lots of questions, very few correct answers.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    No guarantees seasons don’t get pushed back even further. Hope not...but anything is possible at this point.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Hearing nsic basketball game schedule may get pushed back to January, 2021. Anyone else hearing such potential?
    Augieholic as usual has beaten me to the punch. I shouldn't have taken that recorded phone call. Luckily for me the only options were to press one or two. I did have a friend tip me off earlier this morning- showing me an email from the Augustana AD stating this information. It felt so cloak and dagger- when, maybe t-shirt and spoon.

It sucks losing football but I was prepared for that. But now the trend towards Jan 1 as a start date for winter sports meaning a gulag like existence for the rest of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Hearing nsic basketball game schedule may get pushed back to January, 2021. Anyone else hearing such potential?
    You are correct sir.

https://northernsun.org/news/2020/8/...cember-31.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    I know recruiting is an art and not a science, but wondering if the most recent college success of numerous recent past mn high schoolers is now working in the favor of some of the current mn high school recruits. Tschetter committed to Michigan. Thompson committed to UMN. Lien with Wyoming and UND offers. Streit with ndsu and Denver offers. Loge with UND offer. Are these current guys getting the benefit of strong recent past of mn high schoolers and bumped up a notch, or maybe they are better than some of the more recent d2 guys? Not sure...probably no way to really know.

Appears UND and NDSU both looking even more closely at the more local kids then they did 4-5 years ago.
    I think the depth of talent in the state is getting much better. The last 5-10 years, I think we're seeing a jump. These usually are due to something. For Minnesotans, you can point to the 2003-04 Timberwolves as a jumping off point. While recruits now were toddlers then and wouldn't remember, it's the classes before that would've watched the team and wanted to emulate them. Like around the Tyus Jones era. Now it's becoming part of the culture in the state as more people would get in the gym.

As for UND, keep in mind that Paul Sather is there. It's pretty typical when someone jumps up a level that his first few classes would be guys he was also recruiting at his old stop.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    I know recruiting is an art and not a science, but wondering if the most recent college success of numerous recent past mn high schoolers is now working in the favor of some of the current mn high school recruits. Tschetter committed to Michigan. Thompson committed to UMN. Lien with Wyoming and UND offers. Streit with ndsu and Denver offers. Loge with UND offer. Are these current guys getting the benefit of strong recent past of mn high schoolers and bumped up a notch, or maybe they are better than some of the more recent d2 guys? Not sure...probably no way to really know.

Appears UND and NDSU both looking even more closely at the more local kids then they did 4-5 years ago.
    I would suspect much has to do with self promotion and the relative ease of getting highlights in front of a coach now than 10-15 years ago. Maybe they’re better, but my opinion would be they are similar caliber players. And them going to low level D1s now (and some to P5 schools) instead of NSIC schools is a major factor in why the level of play has been down in the conference lately. The allure of D1, even to play 5 minutes a game for a terrible team, is so strong to so many.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Last edited by Moorhead123; 07-14-2020, 05:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Congratulations to Dragon assistant coach Tim Bergstraser

https://www.msumdragons.com/news/202...ssistants.aspx
    Also congrats to Augie's Chad Hettermann: https://twitter.com/SilverWaveMedia/...43702495051779

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X