Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MIAA Week 7 Chat

I wouldn't mind another crack at Northwest, only on our home floor and with a healthy starting lineup. We let it get away from us in Maryville in the second half with Cam out. He got a high ankle sprain 3 minutes into that game.

The Lions are 12-0 in Joplin this year, and it's been a few years since Northwest swept us. But thanks to the MIAA's unbalanced schedule, we only had one scheduled meeting.

Northwest is really, really good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
      Northwest had a couple of close wins by 7 or 8 points this season, if you can even call that close. Most of the time the Bearcats don't even break a sweat and blow everybody away by at least 15 to 20 points. I predict the Bearcats will run the table and win the national championship. The only question is, how long before coach Ben McCollum moves up? As much as I admire coach Kim Anderson for what he did at UCM, I would rate Ben McCollum as a better recruiter and coach than Kim Anderson.
      I think Ben could be HC at a mid-major but has to be right place. I think he would be an outstanding assistant at a Power 5 to learn the ropes. If he were to move on, the next best replacement moved over to the ladies side.
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power
      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

As much as I admire coach Kim Anderson for what he did at UCM, I would rate Ben McCollum as a better recruiter and coach than Kim Anderson.

Comment

Pitt really misses Franklin and the Big center. Lozoya is a selfish player, and real double edged sword. Not sure why, but the Coach doesn't seem to have a handle on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            Pitt really misses Franklin and the Big center. Lozoya is a selfish player, and real double edged sword. Not sure why, but the Coach doesn't seem to have a handle on him.
            I haven't been able to follow too closely the last month or so. Is Franklin out for the year? It's no wonder they've been struggling lately without him.

Comment

I agree. Franklin seems like more of a team guy and gets his shots and points out of the offense. Lozoya is very talented but very selfish and I thought in our game that he had one of the worst attitudes that I had seen in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulas View Post
                That's not very exciting, in fact it's pretty depressing. The Mules hoping to finish 9th or 10th to make the conference tourney....never thought I would see the day.
                I understand - but when you're picked #DFL, making the tournament would be a pretty big deal for the Griffs.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                  I understand - but when you're picked #DFL, making the tournament would be a pretty big deal for the Griffs.
                  I think for the Griffs, it is a big deal. For the Mules, kinda sad as someone from UCM stated.

Comment

That's not very exciting, in fact it's pretty depressing. The Mules hoping to finish 9th or 10th to make the conference tourney....never thought I would see the day.
                    This is the 2nd time in 4 seasons. The Mules were the 12th seed in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

Oh crap, I forgot about 2016.....now I'm really depressed. It's only 9:30 AM here in San Diego, but screw it, I'm going to start drinking and dream of the glory days of Mules basketball. How the hell does our coach keep his job !
                      Last edited by Donkeydamus; 02-11-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Go-Rilla View Post
                        I haven't been able to follow too closely the last month or so. Is Franklin out for the year? It's no wonder they've been struggling lately without him.
                        I haven't heard if Franklin is out for the season. I know he missed the last 2 at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                          Oh crap, I forgot about 2016.....now I'm really depressed. It's only 9:30 AM here in San Diego, but screw it, I'm going to start drinking and dream of the glory days of Mules basketball. How the hell does our coach keep his job !

I'm all in, hit me with a double shooter.....when will the pain end for Mules fans.

#adios-coach
                          Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 02-11-2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I saw 2 retirement age guys, one from Pitt, one from UNK, get in an argument over a call at the Pitt Loper game. I about fell out of my seat laughing.

Comment

Northwest had a couple of close wins by 7 or 8 points this season, if you can even call that close. Most of the time the Bearcats don't even break a sweat and blow everybody away by at least 15 to 20 points. I predict the Bearcats will run the table and win the national championship. The only question is, how long before coach Ben McCollum moves up? As much as I admire coach Kim Anderson for what he did at UCM, I would rate Ben McCollum as a better recruiter and coach than Kim Anderson.
                              I'm not sure about this, when Kim was at UCM and he had the machine up and running I'd say it's very close. So far I'd say Kim had more postseason success (2 final fours and 1 natty) and Ben has had more regular season success, albeit in a league that did not have KA to challenge him. I'd also say Kim had to compete in an MIAA with much better coaches and talent for most of his tenure than Ben has had to compete with during his. As recruiters they're just different. Ben has done better finding high school talent and Kim is better at identifying transfers that fit what we wants to do and convincing them to play D2 ball. All being said, Ben is a phenomenal coach as is KA.

Comment

It was easy to forget because the Mules were never really in any danger of missing the tournament. They lost 7 of the last 8 MIAA games so they went from a middle seed to 12th. They finished a game ahead of Northeastern and had beaten the River Hawks giving them the tie breaker and basically a 2 game lead.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X