Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MIAA Week 7 Chat

MOSO played 7 guys, didn't have Cam Martin tonight. 19 points and 15 rebounds for his starter replacement, Enis Memic. Lambert led all scorers with 20 points and 10 boards, while Elyjah Clark had 13 and 11. Walker pitched in 14 points.

Kearney hit 10 of 18 threes in the first half (55.5%). Southern used a 17-2 run to overcome a Lopers second half 9 point lead.

MSSU stays undefeated at home for the year.

Comment

Big games towards the bottom of the standings on Saturday as the 4 teams tied for the last 2 spots in the MIAA tourney play each other with Western @ Lindenwood & Emporia @ CentralMO.

Comment

Sounded like a fun game between Pitt and FHSU

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
          Big games towards the bottom of the standings on Saturday as the 4 teams tied for the last 2 spots in the MIAA tourney play each other with Western @ Lindenwood & Emporia @ CentralMO.
          Don't know if Jerry H will pull the plug on coach K but still think they make the MIAA tournament. He isn't the right coach but if this season hadn't been derailed by injuries it would have been better. I do feel bad for the players who missed time though.

Comment

Don't know anything about the game beyond the box score, but I was surprised the Griffons didn't put up more of a fight at Lincoln. Season lows in points and FG%.

Comment

Watched Pitt women take apart the lopers. Hopefully the Pitt men can break their 4 game skid.

Comment

Northwest men clinch spot in MIAA tournament and can pretty much wrap up 1 seed this coming week with home wins over SBU and UCM.
                Last edited by CatFan88; 02-09-2019, 05:20 PM.
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                  Northwest men clinch spot in MIAA tournament and can pretty much wrap up 1 seed this coming week with home wins over SBU and UCM.
                  Up 3 games with 6 to go. 1st seed and hosting regional should be wrapped up at this point unless something catastrophic happens. If it does happen, the tourney seed and whether we host won't matter because whatever happened will prevent us from making any noise in the postseason anyway.

Comment

UCM and MWSU with wins to move in to the top 10.

Comment

This really has nothing to do with our region, but did you notice that Bellarmine has lost 3 straight after being ranked #1 in the nation for most of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                        UCM and MWSU with wins to move in to the top 10.
                        That's not very exciting, in fact it's pretty depressing. The Mules hoping to finish 9th or 10th to make the conference tourney....never thought I would see the day.

Comment

The league race is over. Not mathematically but no one is going to catch the Bearcats. The drama is: will NWMS go thru unscathed? I think it will come down to their last game at Washburn. I think that is their toughest game left.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                            The league race is over. Not mathematically but no one is going to catch the Bearcats. The drama is: will NWMS go thru unscathed? I think it will come down to their last game at Washburn. I think that is their toughest game left.
                            I would agree that Washburn is the toughest competition left. NW has not done well at UCM historically, but that demon seems to have been exorcised with the departure of KA. I think the important thing is get through rest of regular season without a major injury. Try to get as many guys off the bench as possible to give top 7 a rest and get ready for post-season because it's a grind.
                            Go Hounds!
                            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                            Cyclone Power
                            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

I have to give Lowrance serious props. The guy dislocated his finger on the opening tip and popped it back in place by himself. He came out for like 30 seconds and when he came back in didn't even have the finger taped. Add that to his knee problems and the way he is producing is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                                I would agree that Washburn is the toughest competition left. NW has not done well at UCM historically, but that demon seems to have been exorcised with the departure of KA. I think the important thing is get through rest of regular season without a major injury. Try to get as many guys off the bench as possible to give top 7 a rest and get ready for post-season because it's a grind.

Northwest had a couple of close wins by 7 or 8 points this season, if you can even call that close. Most of the time the Bearcats don't even break a sweat and blow everybody away by at least 15 to 20 points. I predict the Bearcats will run the table and win the national championship. The only question is, how long before coach Ben McCollum moves up? As much as I admire coach Kim Anderson for what he did at UCM, I would rate Ben McCollum as a better recruiter and coach than Kim Anderson.
                                Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 02-10-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X