Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Week 10 chat

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Every South team lost to a North team tonight.

How many times has that happened?

Didn't the Mavs get outrebounded tonight? I just shake my head. First loss ever to UMC.
    Surprisingly, only by 1 or 2 rebounds I believe. Seemed like more since they got out-hustled ALL GAME LONG. As I said earlier, pathetic effort tonight. A loss was the only thing they deserved. They should be embarrassed beyond belief and better be ready to play against Bemidji tomorrow night or they'll get beat again.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
      I told the wife I dont feel like it has ever happened, haha. Also I said I thought that might be the Mavs first loss ever to Crookstom but hadn't looked it up yet.

Keep the faith my friend. No matter how the regular season ends, the tourney is going to be wild and there aren't many I would count out as possible tourney champs.
      You can count out the Mavs if they play like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
        Surprisingly, only by 1 or 2 rebounds I believe. Seemed like more since they got out-hustled ALL GAME LONG. As I said earlier, pathetic effort tonight. A loss was the only thing they deserved. They should be embarrassed beyond belief and better be ready to play against Bemidji tomorrow night or they'll get beat again.
        Matt might not make them walk down Highway 2 from Crookston to Bemidji- maybe just from from Solway.

Comment

You should use quotations instead of asterisks around that word. A few calls were probably some home cooking like anyplace outside of Sioux Falls would get apparently. The reviewed out of bounds was clearly off USF but you turned a blind eye again. I suppose Parker dunked too hard again tonight too.

Comment

I told the wife I dont feel like it has ever happened, haha. Also I said I thought that might be the Mavs first loss ever to Crookstom but hadn't looked it up yet.

Keep the faith my friend. No matter how the regular season ends, the tourney is going to be wild and there aren't many I would count out as possible tourney champs.
            Mavs could beat anyone- except maybe Northern because they play close but no cigar against them- but they could also lose to anyone in the NSIC. Just something odd about this team. I don't see the fire in their eyes. Maybe Krieger can come back from that hamstring and produce a miracle like he did in the tourney last year. Otherwise- we won't make the regional.

Comment

Matt might not make them walk down Highway 2 from Crookston to Bemidji- maybe just from from Solway.
              He may not make them walk, but he may ride them the whole way. Effort and shot selection were brutal tonight. Didn't get the ball to Kirksey nearly enough either.

Comment

Comment

But it brings the energy man!! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                    You can count out the Mavs if they play like that.
                    Like tonight? Probably, but you can also see how NSU played in loss to Truman or close game to Chadron and say the same thing. I'm not trying to "sandbag" anything...but I really do think any number of teams can win that thing. Just have to string your best games together for three days.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
                      I like Evans, but after tonight my vote is cast. I would prefer to reward a more complete player, but Gage Davis was amazing tonight. I think he could have scored 60 if he felt like it. He seemed bored at times...maybe that's just his vibe..
                      I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
                        I break my silence to comment on how much Josh Moon paid Keswic Joiner for these late game calls. Overrule on the shot clock reset to take away a USF layup, missed Kallman dribbling off his leg that led to an NSU and-one, then somehow overrules the out of bounds on the rebound based on a video review that appeared to lack indisputable evidence. Congrats to the wolves on yet another crooked win.
                        Spot on analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
                          I like Evans, but after tonight my vote is cast. I would prefer to reward a more complete player, but Gage Davis was amazing tonight. I think he could have scored 60 if he felt like it. He seemed bored at times...maybe that's just his vibe..
                          I think Davis has to be the front runner for POY. He is so good and any time SCSU is engaged in the game they are tough to beat. Nobody is going to want to play them in March.

Comment

Originally posted by cougar1997 View Post
                            Spot on analysis.
                            Broadcast showed replay of northern player dribbling off his leg and it sure looked to me like northern player smacked ball out of hands of 2 USF players under the basket.

So it goes sometimes when on the road.

Comment

Every South team lost to a North team tonight.

How many times has that happened?

Didn't the Mavs get outrebounded tonight? I just shake my head. First loss ever to UMC.
                              Laker: I can't imagine that ever happening. I was at the BSU-Concordia game. I think we (BSU) made 17 3s and Concordia faded the second half.

Comment

Like tonight? Probably, but you can also see how NSU played in loss to Truman or close game to Chadron and say the same thing. I'm not trying to "sandbag" anything...but I really do think any number of teams can win that thing. Just have to string your best games together for three days.
                                I should be more clear, like any night. They have some talent. But this team isn't to be confused with any of the Mavs teams of the past that actually were good.

I do think next year will be a good year for them. But I hate talking about next year in early February. Gross.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X