Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elite Eight Matchups Set

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
    Yes we do, same as the majority of the rest of the US. However, the majority of Indiana is on Eastern while the Northwest and Southwest corners of the state observe Central time (Chicago time).

thanks. I guess I had it in my mind that Indiana and Arizona did not change their clocks twice a year

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchool View Post
      I'm glad our brilliant AD saved WSU some money by not keeping Brown and Gove at WSU, letting them go to West Texas A&M. Think of all the money we are saving by not going to the elite 8 the last few years...That guy is always thinking.
      Right up there with trading Babe Ruth.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
        We love the Winona AD and administration! Geniuses all. We really love our AD McBroom and our former Pres Pat O'Bien for having the foresight to hire Brown and Gove.

Brown and Gove at WT took over a team that went 10-17 in 2013-14.

2014-15 17-12
        2015-16 21-10
        2016-17 26-9
        2017-18 32-4
        2018-19 34-3

9-2 in NCAA tournament at WT
        Thanks for rubbing it in.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat84 View Post
          thanks. I guess I had it in my mind that Indiana and Arizona did not change their clocks twice a year
          I spent a few summer weeks in northeast Indiana 40+ years ago and remembered that Ohio was eastern time and Indiana central. We were told by some of the locals that they were eastern time until daylight savings but they didn't change their clocks.

Some research shows that Indiana became the 48th state to recognize daylight savings time state wide in 2006.
          Last edited by Randy; 03-21-2019, 07:48 AM. Reason: change 30+ to 40+ (I'm old)

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

Some research shows that Indiana became the 48th state to recognize daylight savings time state wide in 2006.
            I thought I remembered Indiana being an exception when I was younger - glad to know I haven't completely lost my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
              I thought I remembered Indiana being an exception when I was younger - glad to know I haven't completely lost my mind.
              It was my freshman year in college at USI (2006) that the rest of Indiana adopted DST. The Evansville area already used it, but the majority of the state didn't. Much of the campus was very confused that day when they had their first-ever time change. It used to be confusing because we could drive less than an hour and be in the non-DST area, and you'd have to remember if their time matched for that half of the year (CDT & EST) or was an hour fast (CST & EST). I'm just glad now that they've eliminated one element of confusion, but we still have to deal with two time zones.

Here's pre-2006, the yellow areas were Eastern without DST, the darker yellow region in the south was Eastern WITH DST, and the red was Central with DST.

Fast forward to today, and the entire state observes DST, but still split between Central and Eastern. With so many big border cities (Chicago, Louisville, Cincinnati, Detroit), it makes it difficult for the state to agree on one zone, despite the state being geographically within the Central region in its entirety.
              Last edited by schnautza; 03-21-2019, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                Thanks for rubbing it in.
                I wasn't trying to rub it in, just basking a bit in our good fortune. I think WT has a shot at winning it all this year. Better than last year, when we lost to Ferris in the semis.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                  I wasn't trying to rub it in, just basking a bit in our good fortune. I think WT has a shot at winning it all this year. Better than last year, when we lost to Ferris in the semis.
                  Seems as long as you have Brown and Gove you will be a perennial contender. Sure is a kick in the teeth for us with where the WSU program was and having these guys patiently waiting in the wings for their opportunity. Their success in Texas drives home the often stated point of who was really behind the golden years of Winona State basketball. I have given generously to the Warrior Club for some time but passed this year being fed up with the direction of the program.

Comment

Seems as long as you have Brown and Gove you will be a perennial contender. Sure is a kick in the teeth for us with where the WSU program was and having these guys patiently waiting in the wings for their opportunity. Their success in Texas drives home the often stated point of who was really behind the golden years of Winona State basketball. I have given generously to the Warrior Club for some time but passed this year being fed up with the direction of the program.
                    If you're looking for a new program to support, I hear Augie is considering a move up to Division I and could probably use your financial support.

Comment

Rumor on the street is Eisner is doing everything he can to find another job. I would sure hope they do not give it to Malvik because he hasn't done well in the head recruiting role. They do have some talent coming back next year but nothing I see to move them much up the ranks and after watching Malvik handle the Upper Iowa end I don't think he is ready for this level coaching wise. Would love to see them approach Gove and Henderson for the job. Heck even Stromer would be better than Malvik. Other route would be going to Randall Herbest I think he could do a good job too.

WT is fun to watch Quaid is like a mini John Smith. Not as long or able to defend the rim as well but his offensive game is so similar. The guards they have are dang good. 3 of them who can all attack and shoot it. They also can defend. I like Gach Gach the most of out all of them though. Local kid from Minnesota down there has gone 65-7 in two years. He plays tough defense and bombs away from the NBA line. If they get going on offense they are tough to stop.

Tom Brown and Chris Gove are in the Elite 8 for the 6th time in 13 years. Pretty sure no other coach assistant or head have been back that consistently in the past 25 years. Winners win and they are winners. Hope Brown gets a shot at D1 he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by wsufamily View Post
                        Tom Brown and Chris Gove are in the Elite 8 for the 6th time in 13 years. Pretty sure no other coach assistant or head have been back that consistently in the past 25 years. Winners win and they are winners. Hope Brown gets a shot at D1 he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                          That would make his 6th Elite Eight in 9 years.
                          Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                            Nice
                            Bam a Winona person roasted glad to make your day. Texas Tom name needs a new address which is down in Canyon, Texas. Kind of sad to see Augie take a step back after winning a national championship. You would think they would have kept it rolling more.

Comment

Touche' I raise you 2 national championships, 3 national championship game appearances, 4 final four appearances. Maybe someday he will win the big one, maybe next week.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                                If you're looking for a new program to support, I hear Augie is considering a move up to Division I and could probably use your financial support.
                                You are on your own to sink or swim my friend.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X