Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

As you know...anything possible in a one game series. Proven year after year when March madness comes around. I expect a tough game between MSU and Msum. Not sure I would be shocked by any of the 8 teams winning or losing in round 1.

Comment

Hope your prediction comes true. Love this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
        I will concede there is a path for MoSo to be the third MIAA team if they can get that win over the Bods, BUT they lost to Washburn by 41, FORTY ONE, earlier this season. Not exactly a confidence builder.
        Southern defeats Washburn by 9 last night, a 50 point swing from a month or so ago. Amazing what can happen when you get healthy and get in a groove.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post

Southern defeats Washburn by 9 last night, a 50 point swing from a month or so ago. Amazing what can happen when you get healthy and get in a groove.
          MoSo gets a big win and their Regional hopes remain alive

Comment

If MoSo wins one more game (either this week or in the MIAA tourney) they are in for sure. That means there are 4 locks so far with Wayne looking pretty likely to make it as well. Moorhead is probably in, but I think they need to beat Mankato today to not be really nervous. The Peacocks probably need to beat Minot today and Northern tomorrow to have a chance. Of course, none of this will matter when Mankato gets in just because.

Comment

Well, the picture is both clearer and more confused this morning. Among the contenders Moorhead and Wayne won their first round game, while Augie, Mankato, and Upper Iowa lost. But then comes the terrible news that Wayne must enter quarantine per Covid protocols.

Moorhead is very safely in now, as of course is Northern. The third spot? Well it likely would have been Wayne, as they won the NSIC South regular season and are the only remaining contender to win in Round 1 of the NSIC tourney. Do they still get that spot, assuming the squad can get healthy prior to the committee's decision? We will never know how far they might have advanced in the NSIC tourney.

If not Wayne, who gets it? (I'm assuming Minot won't win the tournament. They would need to pull off two massive upset victories)

Comment

Comment

Assuming Wayne would be able to clear
                  protocols by regional time, they should still be under consideration in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
                    Well, the picture is both clearer and more confused this morning. Among the contenders Moorhead and Wayne won their first round game, while Augie, Mankato, and Upper Iowa lost. But then comes the terrible news that Wayne must enter quarantine per Covid protocols.

Moorhead is very safely in now, as of course is Northern. The third spot? Well it likely would have been Wayne, as they won the NSIC South regular season and are the only remaining contender to win in Round 1 of the NSIC tourney. Do they still get that spot, assuming the squad can get healthy prior to the committee's decision? We will never know how far they might have advanced in the NSIC tourney.

If not Wayne, who gets it? (I'm assuming Minot won't win the tournament. They would need to pull off two massive upset victories)
                    I think Wayne in for sure. Sorry for Wayne having to miss game today, but ultimately they accomplished a big part of goal in likely making regional. Only question remaining in my mind is the seeding of the 3 nsic schools. I believe Msum should be top seed coming out of nsic if they win tournament.

Comment

At least 1 player (Eagins), as announcers talked about him being out due to quarantine during the game vs St Cloud. I assume he has it, as he also missed last weekend. I don't know this to be the case though...just doing the quarantine math.

In the post game interview Kaminsky mentioned that an assistant coach was also out, as well as a team manager. It wasn't specified why they were quarantined, and they probably can't give details. Obviously Wayne was able to play game 1 with those 3 people either positive and/or exposed. I assume additional people tested positive late yesterday. Otherwise Wayne would likely be able to play today.

Any other team exposure risk would logically be St Cloud, who played Wayne in round 1. The other 3 remaining teams shouldn't have had any contact with WSC people.
                      Last edited by cat fan; 02-27-2021, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Comment

Possibly. Or the committee could recognize that each are 13-9, and MSSU just beat Western, while Western is like 5-8 in their last 13.

True though that Western is 5-1 since losing at home to Southern, but 4 of those 5 wins are against teams whose seasons ended today (non-tourney qualifiers).

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post

Possibly. Or the committee could recognize that each are 13-9, and MSSU just beat Western, while Western is like 5-8 in their last 13.

True though that Western is 5-1 since losing at home to Southern, but 4 of those 5 wins are against teams whose seasons ended today (non-tourney qualifiers).

Comment

If you're still alive in a post-season conference tourney with automatic qualifier, aren't you technically "under consideration"? There are 4 teams , maybe 5, that have a legitimate chance to win the MIAA tourney.
                              Go Hounds!
                              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                              Cyclone Power
                              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Yeah but Western lost to CentralMO. That should disqualify them. ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X