• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    As to the silence out of Maryville,

Btech#3
    Lmao.... dick. ;)

Comment

• I said I was going to stop but just two more points. In the past when all 8 teams played in the first round, they always gave the #1 and #2 seeds the most rest for the next round. The same is true in the Big 12 tourney. the #1 seed always plays in the afternoon in the quarterfinals as a reward for being the #1 seed. I think the NCAA schedule in the past had the #1 and #2 seeds in the afternoon and then the evening games in the past were the #3 and #4 seeds which totally makes sense. However, this year it is different. There are only two games. That is my point. In typical NCAA fashion they just threw the Division 2 bracket together without much thought. One more point, this weekend is daylight savings time and is spring forward so that is 1 less hour and even a better reason to play those games earlier. I am not into conspiracy theories. I just think the design and the thought into this year's tourney was piss poor. From seedings to tickets to times of games. I am done griping. I am enthused about the games. Just don't think this would have happened in the Division 1 brackets. The price you pay not being in the big time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
        I said I was going to stop but just two more points. In the past when all 8 teams played in the first round, they always gave the #1 and #2 seeds the most rest for the next round. The same is true in the Big 12 tourney. the #1 seed always plays in the afternoon in the quarterfinals as a reward for being the #1 seed. I think the NCAA schedule in the past had the #1 and #2 seeds in the afternoon and then the evening games in the past were the #3 and #4 seeds which totally makes sense. However, this year it is different. There are only two games. That is my point. In typical NCAA fashion they just threw the Division 2 bracket together without much thought. One more point, this weekend is daylight savings time and is spring forward so that is 1 less hour and even a better reason to play those games earlier. I am not into conspiracy theories. I just think the design and the thought into this year's tourney was piss poor. From seedings to tickets to times of games. I am done griping. I am enthused about the games. Just don't think this would have happened in the Division 1 brackets. The price you pay not being in the big time.
        I thought it was NSUs fault? You made that pretty clear that was the case by you and your administration connections.

Another poster took the route of reaching out to the school who then accommodated them in getting tickets.

It's one year, so not likely to be this way again...however, could have been avoided had you been a top two seed and/or gone "Big Time"

That said I look forward to Washburn winning the regional and justice being served to the oppressed Ichabods.

Comment

• Glad you are rooting for us. Hahaha! Don't you guys have a sprained ankle and a guy in the transfer portal. Excuses, excuses, excuses. I don't know who's fault it is but the set-up of the tourney was poorly done. You are right, it would have been a great year to be a #1 or #2 seed. Especially this year. We will have to agree to disagree. Congratulations! I hope we get to see you in the finals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
            I said I was going to stop but just two more points. In the past when all 8 teams played in the first round, they always gave the #1 and #2 seeds the most rest for the next round. The same is true in the Big 12 tourney. the #1 seed always plays in the afternoon in the quarterfinals as a reward for being the #1 seed. I think the NCAA schedule in the past had the #1 and #2 seeds in the afternoon and then the evening games in the past were the #3 and #4 seeds which totally makes sense. However, this year it is different. There are only two games. That is my point. In typical NCAA fashion they just threw the Division 2 bracket together without much thought. One more point, this weekend is daylight savings time and is spring forward so that is 1 less hour and even a better reason to play those games earlier. I am not into conspiracy theories. I just think the design and the thought into this year's tourney was piss poor. From seedings to tickets to times of games. I am done griping. I am enthused about the games. Just don't think this would have happened in the Division 1 brackets. The price you pay not being in the big time.
            That's not accurate. When NW hosted recently as the #1 seed they were always the first game in the evening session. The MIAA tournament had the #1 seed playing the early game for more rest but not so in the Regional.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

That's not accurate. When NW hosted recently as the #1 seed they were always the first game in the evening session. The MIAA tournament had the #1 seed playing the early game for more rest but not so in the Regional.

Comment

• Same when Winona hosted way back when.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Same when Winona hosted way back when.
                  The good ole days when John Smith and I were buds.

Comment

• Just saw NCAA D1 will allow tourney teams to compete if they have at least 5 players testing negative for CoVid19-will same hold true for D2?

Comment

Same when Winona hosted way back when.
                      Hate to think that nowadays all those great players might end up in the transfer portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                        Just saw NCAA D1 will allow tourney teams to compete if they have at least 5 players testing negative for CoVid19-will same hold true for D2?
                        So Duke can play in the ACC tourney after all?

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                          Just saw NCAA D1 will allow tourney teams to compete if they have at least 5 players testing negative for CoVid19-will same hold true for D2?

Comment

Hate to think that nowadays all those great players might end up in the transfer portal.
                            Maybe. As a fan it would certainly be disappointing but honestly, it their lives and their eligibility so I'll never fault a kid from chasing whatever their dreams are. However I hope they use caution. That stud from Ferris State back in 2018 left a title team to go to Xavier and while he played fairly well I believe they were around .500 and that is how his college career ended. Aftwewards he played professional overseas I believe which is what a lot of the top D2 players already do.

So as an outsider you can say "was it really worth it instead of a chance to repeat?" Bit ultimately up to the kids. I think that Winona squad would have still stuck together unless the incidents with the coach were already ongoing but I really don't want to get a conversation going on that.

Comment

• looks like D1 rule only applies to playoffs

Comment

• At the women's regional in Warrensburg:

The benches were set up at behind the baselines with all chairs at least 6 feet apart in all directions. Only the head coach was allowed to roam the sidelines. Jennies' coach Slifer sits a lot, he's not a coach that roams up and down the sidelines all game. He basically spent most of the game sitting or standing by his chair which was all by itself about 10 feet from the scorer's table. The St Cloud coach had her chair down by the corner but it didn't matter because she hardly ever sat in it. She was a coach that roamed up and down the sidelines.

There were no bands, cheerleaders or dance teams.

The second game started at the scheduled time, even though that time was about an hour and 10 minutes after the first game ended. We had planed to watch at least the first quarter of game 2 but chose not to wait.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X