Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know that anyone is arguing that the seeding is wrong... without any crossover conference games, they did the best that they could. I don't have any beef with it. It just kind of sucks that 4 out of the 6 playoff teams in this region will go home without playing anyone out of conference. It is what it is and unless there is a big upset along the way, we might have a better idea about conference supremacy and if the seeding was right early next week.

Comment

• I agree with Alfred33. Why not separate the conferences? You still have to beat everybody but it leaves the door open for this argument. What if Wayne loses by 2 to Northern State in the semis and then Northern State blows out whoever comes out of the other side. You could make a case that the championship was actually in the semi's and that the NSIC was a lot better. The converse could also be true. I think if you separate the conferences, you get a much better tourney overall. In a year, when we had no regional cross over games, I think it was even more important to separate the conferences. Washburn is glad to be in and the kids just want to play so I guess that is all that matters but it is sure fun to criticize the NCAA. My biggest beef is with the game times on Saturday night. Absolutely ridiculous decision-making by the Northern State host officials.

Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
        I agree with Alfred33. Why not separate the conferences? You still have to beat everybody but it leaves the door open for this argument. What if Wayne loses by 2 to Northern State in the semis and then Northern State blows out whoever comes out of the other side. You could make a case that the championship was actually in the semi's and that the NSIC was a lot better. The converse could also be true. I think if you separate the conferences, you get a much better tourney overall. In a year, when we had no regional cross over games, I think it was even more important to separate the conferences. Washburn is glad to be in and the kids just want to play so I guess that is all that matters but it is sure fun to criticize the NCAA. My biggest beef is with the game times on Saturday night. Absolutely ridiculous decision-making by the Northern State host officials.
        Again...the committee, not the host. Also, other than no wanting to stay up to watch them what is the beef with the game times? Both teams get equal rest time for the next game. I get I'd you are a fan of going to bed early this is an issue but other than that there is no difference to this or if both days the games started two hours earlier.
        Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 03-10-2021, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• They are playing two teams with a bye that did not have to play. There are only two games on Saturday. Why not play earlier in the day. An 8:45 start on Sat! Reverse the situation NSU life. Maybe that is impossible for you. When we played in the Regional two years ago at NWMS, we played Missouri Southern earlier in the day but that was different because there were four games. If there is a conflict with the venue then I get it but I doubt there is. You have two teams that are fully rested and the other two teams that win on Saturday have to come back in less than 24hrs. I checked this out with some administrative officials and the site committee makes the decision and that is your administration. I just don't think it was very well thought out. Run it by a neutral party like I did and it is laughable. Again, answer the question, "Why not play the Saturday games earlier in the day?". No one has a good answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
            They are playing two teams with a bye that did not have to play. There are only two games on Saturday. Why not play earlier in the day. An 8:45 start on Sat! Reverse the situation NSU life. Maybe that is impossible for you. When we played in the Regional two years ago at NWMS, we played Missouri Southern earlier in the day but that was different because there were four games. If there is a conflict with the venue then I get it but I doubt there is. You have two teams that are fully rested and the other two teams that win on Saturday have to come back in less than 24hrs. I checked this out with some administrative officials and the site committee makes the decision and that is your administration. I just don't think it was very well thought out. Run it by a neutral party like I did and it is laughable. Again, answer the question, "Why not play the Saturday games earlier in the day?". No one has a good answer.
            https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-men/d2/2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
              I don't know that anyone is arguing that the seeding is wrong... without any crossover conference games, they did the best that they could. I don't have any beef with it. It just kind of sucks that 4 out of the 6 playoff teams in this region will go home without playing anyone out of conference. It is what it is and unless there is a big upset along the way, we might have a better idea about conference supremacy and if the seeding was right early next week.
              This is exactly all I'm saying. I actually think based on what played
              out these seeds are correct. It's just not as interesting to be playing teams you played 2 or 3 times already

Comment

• Comment

• "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink."

Based on location of location of host venue

Atlantic Region
                  Games at 6:00 and 8:45 their time (Eastern time zone)

Central Region
                  Games at 6:00 and 8:45 their time (Central time zone)

East Region

Midwest Region
                  Games at 5:00 and 7:45 their time (Central time zone)

West Region
                  Games at 6:00 and 8:45 their time (Mountain time zone)

South Central Region

Southeast Regional
                  Games at 6:00and 8:45 their time (Eastern time zone)

South Region
                  Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 03-10-2021, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink."

Based on location of location of host venue

Atlantic Region

Central Region

East Region

Midwest Region
                          Games at 5:00 and 7:45 their time (Central time zone)

West Region
                          Games at 6:00 and 8:45 their time (Mountain time zone)

South Central Region

Southeast Regional
                          Games at 6:00and 8:45 their time (Eastern time zone)

South Region

Comment

• Comment

• Only the Midwest Region gets to start an hour earlier, giving them and hour more rest AND they get to play in Evansville!! Unscrupulous!!

Comment

• Btech#3

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X