Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know we aren't in the men's tournament but if you all haven't figured it out yet, NCAA really doesn't care about D2. I honestly don't think it's so much NSU saying screw everyone else but rather hey the NCAA didn't say anything, they don't care so we will do it this way.
    Also the regional issue, talk to the regional committee more than anyone else which is school and conference representatives. Should it be switched yes, but those people will make more of a change than us complaining.

I am frustrated that we aren't hosting the women's here in Hays. I know that they wanted to make the decision early due to covid but just make the bid process include covid protocols and how you will handle them.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      Yep-WU vs MWSU Saturday 8:45 pm
      NWMSU vs winner of WU vs MWSU 7:45 Sunday pm. NSIC gets early games both days
      Hope NSU loses Sunday and a MIAA team wins Monday in front of 300 fans
      This is my hope as well. (No sarcasm.)

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I dont see anything about an online requirement so I dont have an answer other than some opinions or thoughts.

With only 25% capacity, perhaps it was agreed upon that the host school would be allowed to sell in person only as what would have been 5,000 to 6,000 NSU fans to a couple hundred visiting fans is now capped at 1,600 for the host.

Perhaps with COVID they wanted to eliminate the amount of people flocking from different states.

Again, I have no clue just throwing things out.

Come up a day early and buyain person if you'd like. Three years ago I backed out of buying online because (from on these boards) there was no garuntee that'd you'd have a seat if you bought a ticket. I was told to just show up early, haha.

Saw the same thing in Winona in 2006 or 2007, I think. We bought tickets there and were fortunate enough to be able to stand basically in the band with no seats, some who drove to Winona were turned away at the door because they oversold and place was definitely over capacity, haha.

In 2018, the Pentagon had a some sort of issue as Northern punched their ticket to the title game. They basically shut down and I believe went to in person the next day.

If you want any sort of real answer I would suggest reaching out to someone who may have a legitimate response though, haha
        No person with a purchased ticket was turned away at NW to my knowledge. Oversell and have to stand? Maybe. I know I and others said purchase your tickets online before traveling if you played in same session as NW. Quite a bit different than only being able to purchase in person with cash or check.

Who in this day and age promotes accepting checks as a form of payment but not credit cards? If NW said no online sales the past few years, only in person then other fans would have lost it and rightfully so.

Comment

• [QUOTE=NSU4LIFE;n568711...

Come up a day early and buy in person if you like...[QUOTE]

Comment

• [QUOTE=NWFanatic;n568720]This was why I ended up not going to the first and second rounds in Maryville. With Northwest still in play I didn't want to risk it. Like I said, at the time no one on here said there would actually be a spot to sit even if you got a ticket and after going through that once I wasn't about to do it again.

I could write you up a second itinerary as a back up plan if you'd like.

I feel like this is kind of a mute point anyways. I don't see any of the MIAA fan bases sending more than 150 to be honest. Now if Southwest or Augie were in, this would be a huge issue.

Could be wrong but I learned my lesson when I thought Northern would flock down to Maryville...they didn't and so perhaps seven hours is the threshold.

Comment

• Maybe you should play back to backs during the season with Friday games at 8 and Saturday games between 20-22 hour after like the NSIC has for years. Late or not, the time between games isn't much of a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Maybe you should play back to backs during the season with Friday games at 8 and Saturday games between 20-22 hour after like the NSIC has for years. Late or not, the time between games isn't much of a difference.
                Yeah, I'm not going to complain about 8:45 Saturday to 7:45 Sunday (other than making this old man stay up past his bedtime).

Comment

• For comparison's sake, here's the women's regional in Warrensburg. TL;DR: advance online ticket sales, no reserved seats behind the visiting bench; single-day tickets only (no all-tournament passes).

Near as I can tell, on the men's side here are the ticket policies that have been announced. Didn't see anything yet for West Liberty (Atlantic) or Saint Rose (East).
                  Southern Indiana (Midwest): advance online ticket sales (started 3/5, even before Selection Sunday), single day tickets only; 25% capacity. This is the same location as the Elite Eight.
                  Valdosta State (South): advance in person and by phone (no online); all GA and no tournament passes (in fact, this says "no tournament passes of any type will be accepted per national tournament regulations," for what it's worth; limit of 930 fans total in attendance.
                  Lincoln Memorial (Southeast): 100 GA for first two nights, 400 for final, sold online only in advance; also, 150 tickets to each participating school (so if my math is right, a total of 700 each night)
                  Lubbock Christian (South Central): "Due to the mandatory COVID protocols put forth by the NCAA, each participating team (including LCU) will receive a limited block of tickets. LCU's allotment will first be made available to the families of our men's basketball student-athletes and coaches for purchase. There may be limited tickets available for sale later in the week."
                  Colorado School of Mines (West): No spectators (!)

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

This is my hope as well. (No sarcasm.)
                      (No sarcasm) Thank God Augie is not relevant.

Comment

• Look at the post above this one you posted. Every other site with GA tickets is doing online or by phone ticket purchase except NSU so yes it is NSU calling the shots on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

Our basketball team is currently mediocre but at least we take credit card.

Comment

That was good.

I honestly think having the (disappointing) D1 situation hopefully behind us will be helpful as far as the recruiting front goes, and just for our long-term D2 future. And if we manage to get this team back plus a healthy Cartwright next year, I feel good about getting relevant again pretty quickly.

If it makes your feelings less hurt, I always want all non-Augie NSIC teams to lose in the Regional when it gets to that point. It wasn't an exclusively anti-NSU post.

Comment

• So any information on television/streams on these games yet?

Comment

So any information on television/streams on these games yet?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X