Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know who is doing TV/video? Looks like it isn't Midco, unfortunately. They do a really nice job but aren't currently listing the games on their schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by mosoman View Post

I believe Northwest fans will need to call the athletic department at Northwest to get tickets. This is from their story they posted ... In addition, each qualifying team will be allocated a set number of tickets and will work through their respective athletic department. So it looks like visiting fans buy tickets through their local ticket offices
      I agree but in past years you could also buy your tickets online and not have to go through your own Athletic Dept. Those through the athletic dept were just the 150 that are guaranteed behind the benches.

It stands out even more this year when Regional sites were predetermined. At least for the conference tourney every team had the opportunity to "host" by winning the conference. Not so for regionals.

If they make those GA tickets available to everyone online (like in past years) then that would make sense. If NSU fans buy them up because it's close to them and they don't have money invested in travel then that's just the benefit of being the host site. Doing only in person sales when online sales are much safer during Covid makes no sense other than insuring the "home team" has home court advantage at a predetermined hosting site.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

This made me picture a bunch of stray cats waiting in line to enter a club. Thanks for the Monday morning smile. :)
        If you're a fan Happy Gilmore and Shooter McGavin then you'd really like Missouri Western's Gold Coat Club. Haha

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

This made me picture a bunch of stray cats waiting in line to enter a club. Thanks for the Monday morning smile. :)

Comment

• NCAA has pretty much guaranteed only NSU will have over 150 fans. They get 1000 tix and chance to buy them in person in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

If you're a fan Happy Gilmore and Shooter McGavin then you'd really like Missouri Western's Gold Coat Club. Haha

Comment

• This Regional has been a cluster on several accounts. #1--the ticket situation; #2--The seeding with the NSIC on one side and the MIAA on the other; and #3--I have not seen it but heard that the games on Saturday are on Saturday night with the last game at 8:45pm. The #1 and #2 seeds get a bye and they also get to play a team that had to play a late game the night before. The games should be on Saturday afternoon. This sounds like a ploy by Northern State or the NCAA to usher the top two seeds in on a red carpet. I can assure you that if we win that the Ichabods will be ready but to put the games late is a huge advantage for the two teams with a bye. Get it together NCAA or host school. Two late night games when there are only 2 games (most years there would be 4 games!) is not even close to being fair. Come on Northern State/NCAA wake up!

Comment

• Sure will be a treat for you NW fans seeing your team play in a the Wachs arena capacity 8000 rather than your glorified high school gym. Can't say I'm feeling the pity for the 8hr. drive to the hub city. For a real treat visit the Terry Redlin center, just off of the Watertown exit.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                        Sure will be a treat for you NW fans seeing your team play in a the Wachs arena capacity 8000 rather than your glorified high school gym. Can't say I'm feeling the pity for the 8hr. drive to the hub city. For a real treat visit the Terry Redlin center, just off of the Watertown exit.
                        A packed 2500 seat arena beats 300 MIAA fans in a 8000 seat arena on Saturday and Sunday nights. Also is 1750 25% of 8000 in SD math?

Comment

• Totally agree NWFanatic. Why not play the games on Sat. in the afternoon? This has to be Northern State's idea. Just a bunch of bull!

Comment

• Took two seconds to find the regional guidelines online.

Game times were set by the regional committee.

For the men's side, each school is garunteed a minimum of 150 ticket. It is up to the participating schools to contact the host prior to noon (thursday) on how many they would like to purchase of that allocation.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                              Took two seconds to find the regional guidelines online.

Game times were set by the regional committee.

For the men's side, each school is garunteed a minimum of 150 ticket. It is up to the participating schools to contact the host prior to noon (thursday) on how many they would like to purchase of that allocation.
                              Again, that does nothing to address why the GA tickets are in person only sales on NSU campus

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Again, that does nothing to address why the GA tickets are in person only sales on NSU campus
                                I dont see anything about an online requirement so I dont have an answer other than some opinions or thoughts.

With only 25% capacity, perhaps it was agreed upon that the host school would be allowed to sell in person only as what would have been 5,000 to 6,000 NSU fans to a couple hundred visiting fans is now capped at 1,600 for the host.

Perhaps with COVID they wanted to eliminate the amount of people flocking from different states.

Again, I have no clue just throwing things out.

Come up a day early and buyain person if you'd like. Three years ago I backed out of buying online because (from on these boards) there was no garuntee that'd you'd have a seat if you bought a ticket. I was told to just show up early, haha.

Saw the same thing in Winona in 2006 or 2007, I think. We bought tickets there and were fortunate enough to be able to stand basically in the band with no seats, some who drove to Winona were turned away at the door because they oversold and place was definitely over capacity, haha.

In 2018, the Pentagon had a some sort of issue as Northern punched their ticket to the title game. They basically shut down and I believe went to in person the next day.

If you want any sort of real answer I would suggest reaching out to someone who may have a legitimate response though, haha

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X