Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Sorry, we are only accepting Aberdeen Chamber bucks at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by cat fan View Post
        Anyone know who is doing TV/video? Looks like it isn't Midco, unfortunately. They do a really nice job but aren't currently listing the games on their schedule.
        For those who don't know me, my name is David Brown and I am the play-by-play voice for all of our NSIC basketball coverage on Midco Sports Network (which is based in Sioux Falls, SD).

In the interest of full disclosure, because there are several NSIC schools in our immediate broadcast footprint, Midco SN did inquire about broadcasting ONLY the championship game on Tuesday, March 16 knowing we could get a local audience on linear television no matter which NSIC team reached the title game. We were well down that road about securing the broadcast rights, but we then learned that NCAA COVID protocols required all of our broadcast crew to be on-site and broadcast the entire tournament March 13-16. Because of Midco's pre-existing commitments to NCHC hockey playoffs and spring football in the Missouri Valley Football Conference on Saturday the 13th, we unfortunately had to drop out.

However, I will be in Aberdeen doing the play-by-play for the entire tournament on the web stream! So, if you like the way I call a game, great! If not, well, I'm sure you can mute me :)

So, for NSIC fans, you'll hear a familiar voice. MIAA fans: I'll do my research!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernSunExperience View Post

For those who don't know me, my name is David Brown and I am the play-by-play voice for all of our NSIC basketball coverage on Midco Sports Network (which is based in Sioux Falls, SD).

In the interest of full disclosure, because there are several NSIC schools in our immediate broadcast footprint, Midco SN did inquire about broadcasting ONLY the championship game on Tuesday, March 16 knowing we could get a local audience on linear television no matter which NSIC team reached the title game. We were well down that road about securing the broadcast rights, but we then learned that NCAA COVID protocols required all of our broadcast crew to be on-site and broadcast the entire tournament March 13-16. Because of Midco's pre-existing commitments to NCHC hockey playoffs and spring football in the Missouri Valley Football Conference on Saturday the 13th, we unfortunately had to drop out.

However, I will be in Aberdeen doing the play-by-play for the entire tournament on the web stream! So, if you like the way I call a game, great! If not, well, I'm sure you can mute me :)

So, for NSIC fans, you'll hear a familiar voice. MIAA fans: I'll do my research!
          What are details on getting the live stream coverage?

Comment

This is absolutely wonderful to hear. Will the stream be Northerns normal camera operations?

Comment

This is great news! I have no doubt our MIAA friends will appreciate the broadcast
              Last edited by Thunder; 03-09-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• If anyone knows the maintenance crew at Wachs please ask them to lower the scoreboard low enough that 2/3 court shots are impossible ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                  If anyone knows the maintenance crew at Wachs please ask them to lower the scoreboard low enough that 2/3 court shots are impossible ;-)
                  Are you saying you want it lower than what it is in Maryville??? If so anyone over 6'2" will have to run the outside lanes to get down the court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Sorry, we are only accepting Aberdeen Chamber bucks at this time.

Comment

• My only beef is the seeding. If there ever was a year to tweek it this was it. Someone dropped the ball so we get extended conf tourney games. Stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by southside View Post
                        My only beef is the seeding. If there ever was a year to tweek it this was it. Someone dropped the ball so we get extended conf tourney games. Stupid.
                        They didn't want any out of conference games this year... no one knew that included the playoffs too. lol You have to reach the Sweet 16 to play someone you don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

They didn't want any out of conference games this year... no one knew that included the playoffs too. lol You have to reach the Sweet 16 to play someone you don't know.
                          Lol it actually crossed my mind that it is safer and maybe that's why. The good news is I don't need to read up on the other teams I pretty much know about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by southside View Post

Lol it actually crossed my mind that it is safer and maybe that's why. The good news is I don't need to read up on the other teams I pretty much know about them.

Comment

• Ageed. Doesn't "really" matter to me but it would have been nice to see new teams, player, and what each team does well and doesn't. Just more interesting games.

Comment

• Would it be nice to see different matchups in the first 2 rounds of the regional? Of course. But I think there is a pretty easy argument that the teams were seeded correctly based on merit and not any need to slot teams a certain way. NSU and NW both had excellent seasons, the deciding factor in selecting NSU over NW for the #1 seed was one loss vs. two and winning both the regular season and conference tournament. Washburn was clearly the 3rd best team in the region and I think MoWest with 10 losses deserves to have the final seed. That leaves the other 2 NSIC schools as your #4 and #5. If you are going to seed teams 1 through 6, then it should be done without regard to conference.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X