Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    Let's have a little fun and make some predictions. Kallman hits a three at the buzzer in regulation to send it to OT, where the Wolves jump out to a lead with a couple more threes and seal the deal at the line, 86-82 FINAL NSU.
    You're thinking of the Augie game...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

You're thinking of the Augie game...
      No, that would be Stark that helped put the dagger into the Augie season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Definitely, and I'm sure they'll find their motivation for tonight... it was the "NW players relish being the underdog" part of the original comment that I thought was funny. These guys have never been the underdog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

NW (or at least some of the media that follow them) made a big deal over a pregame hype video by the 8th place team in the MIAA. It doesn't take much for them to find motivation.

EZFwpwSXsAAFnlc.jpg
          Mentioned tweet/article: https://twitter.com/andrewwegley/sta...799895554?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent1 View Post
            Bearcats make me laugh. Imagine being so full of yourself that you took offense to a hype video from an opponent.

Sadly, though, they'll win by 20 tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Bearcats make me laugh. Imagine being so full of yourself that you took offense to a hype video from an opponent.

Sadly, though, they'll win by 20 tonight.
              You mean the student writer of the article who made it a big deal? Ben specifically said if you need motivation from a tweet then your in the wrong sport and it had no bearing on the outcome of the game. Every team makes a hype video for virtually every game, all year long.

Imagine being so bitter you have to find any opportunity (even if created in your own mind) to drag a conference rival.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

You mean the student writer of the article who made it a big deal? Ben specifically said if you need motivation from a tweet then your in the wrong sport and it had no bearing on the outcome of the game. Every team makes a hype video for virtually every game, all year long.

Imagine being so bitter you have to find any opportunity (even if created in your own mind) to drag a conference rival.
                Yes, I mean the student writer. He is a Bearcat, and the attitude he displayed in the article is not uncommon among his fellow Bearcats. You are correct, every team makes a hype video, which is why it was exceedingly weird to call out this one that didn't seem particularly controversial. We're all fans, we all take offense to some stupid stuff. But Bearcats seem especially sensitive to anything that suggests the other team has any hope at all going into the game.

Whatever. I'm sure my post will be seen as disrespectful and the Bearcats will win by 30 now instead of 20.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

No, that would be Stark that helped put the dagger into the Augie season.
                  Yes, I'm aware. It was a generalization.

Comment

Yes, I mean the student writer. He is a Bearcat, and the attitude he displayed in the article is not uncommon among his fellow Bearcats. You are correct, every team makes a hype video, which is why it was exceedingly weird to call out this one that didn't seem particularly controversial. We're all fans, we all take offense to some stupid stuff. But Bearcats seem especially sensitive to anything that suggests the other team has any hope at all going into the game.

Whatever. I'm sure my post will be seen as disrespectful and the Bearcats will win by 30 now instead of 20.

Comment

• Comment

• Great feedback from all corners on what it'll take for Northern to win this one. Northwest/Northern being the top two teams in the country (up for debate) seems eerily similar to when Northern/Winona were the top 2 teams in the country (not up for debate) a few years back. Hopefully Northern can produce a different outcome tonight. Cheers to a close game and a Wolves victory.

Comment

No it's just your usual take that one viewpoint of a NW fan represents the entire fanbase.

Comment

• Going to be able to watch and thrilled about that. I'll keep the predictions to myself. Still kind of bummed that we could finally earn the right to host this thing and the teams won't get to experience that place full capacity. Really good fan base and hope they make some noise. The small Moorhead contingent sounded louder than the rest of the arena via the feed the other night, at least to me.

From talking to NSIC coaches they said it isn't really intimidating as far as noise at Wachs (other than maybe I Hate Winter weekend) but some of their players do get a little shock value from the size of the place and the size of crowd. Northwest has been at the top so long, I don't think that will be a factor and they certainly need to be fueled by being the #2. For them it will be simply take care of business as usual. For the Wolves it's about opportunity and these guys haven't really showed a history of getting completely rattled or panicked.

Looking forward to it.

Also, glad Purple Mav Man made me look like Nostradomus with his post as I predicted to another poster that it would show up. Haha

Comment

• Glad Ben McCollum hasn't updated his wardrobe in the last 4 years

Comment

• Good to see NWMo being aggressive early, Parker will get his blocks but eventually the fouls will come.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X