Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a lot, but probably 100% accurate. Freaking Geiman....

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Maybe but very rarely have conference tourneys had a huge impact on seedings for the Regional unless it was a huge upset. Lose on a halfcourt shot in the conference finals and the #1 team becomes a 2 seed in a Regional? Not likely in most years.

NW played more games than NSU and had 1 more loss- a 2 point loss in OT and the aforementioned buzzer beater. A win is a win but NSU's first round conference win made them look more suspect than NW's conference final loss in my eyes. That's what happens when a committee only looks at the numbers and not how the numbers came to be. I have little doubt that the predetermined host site played a role in making NSU the #1 seed if given any opportunity.
      At this point, does it really matter?

Comment

I still don't have a problem with the seeding... NSU had 1 loss, NW had 2 no matter the score or how they lost. Do I think NW had an argument?... absolutely, but without the cross conference games, it is what it is. It's not like NSU came out of nowhere... they've been good for several years and we might be looking at the top 2 teams in the country Tuesday night. The host site was predetermined, so it's not like Northwest lost anything by becoming the two. The only disappointing thing about it for me, was the repeat of the conference tournaments in the first two rounds. If it is all they saw of the MIAA teams, watching the first 2 rounds, the NSIC teams may have wished they had gotten to play Western and/or Washburn. Of course, we know how good they are, but they sure didn't get to see it.

He wasn't making excuses, but Ballard said on the post game that Geiman had hurt his ankle last week leading up to the regional... Credit Northwest, because they played exceptional defense, but he didn't look quite like himself, especially around the rim. Obviously, it wouldn't have mattered last night, but that had to be disappointing for him. I just like the kid, except when he is hitting 55 footers to win games.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

After watching Vengeance Part 1 last night, it may have been the worst thing to happen to Northern.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

Not really but it's fun to discuss.

Comment

as for Geiman NW also had a starter playing on a recent sprained ankle last night
              Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-15-2021, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                as for Geiman NW also had a starter playing on a recent sprained ankle blast night
                We didn't get boat raced last night, so I'm sure he's not as disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

After watching Vengeance Part 1 last night, it may have been the worst thing to happen to Northern.
                  I would be willing to bet that point is raised in the preparation for Northern

Comment

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X