Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
    I wasn't really impressed with how any of the teams played last night. Not sure if it's the layoff between tournament and regionals or just nerves but none of them looked great. Washburn missed tons of shots that they never miss against us. I'm sure they'll be hot tonight.

Comment

My viewpoint comes from watching multiple MIAA games this year and seeing what teams in our league are capable of, nothing to do with NW. Wayne St and Western did not look like Regional quality teams in any way. I kept waiting to see the great defense from Wayne St that I've heard NSIC fans reference but never saw it. How many of those 3's were WIDE open that Moorhead hit?

Washburn went nearly 6 minutes without scoring in the first half and let Western stay in the game. As I said, NW has played 3 times against Washburn and never seen that version of Washburn.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

My viewpoint comes from watching multiple MIAA games this year and seeing what teams in our league are capable of, nothing to do with NW. Wayne St and Western did not look like Regional quality teams in any way. I kept waiting to see the great defense from Wayne St that I've heard NSIC fans reference but never saw it. How many of those 3's were WIDE open that Moorhead hit?

Washburn went nearly 6 minutes without scoring in the first half and let Western stay in the game. As I said, NW has played 3 times against Washburn and never seen that version of Washburn.

Comment

Comment

Pretty much this. Dragon started off 6 for 7 from 3, which is hard to do even unguarded. WSC started off 0 for 9, which is very uncharacteristic.

The game was called pretty tight, which is fine, but that worked against Wayne's ball pressure and led to immediate foul trouble. It felt like each team shot a ton of free throws. It didn't help that McCullough was hurt, further limiting Wayne's depth.

Congrats to the Dragons. They are well coached as always, and they solved Wayne's pressure in a way that few teams have this year.

Congrats also to the Wayne players and coaches. They far exceeded everyone's expectations for the year. Can't ask for more than that.

Comment

Comment

Happy Pi Day!

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                  I agree with NW Hoops. Washburn prolly played their worst half of basketball against MO West in the first half
                  The first half last night was worse than being out scored by CentralMO 39-28 in the first half in Warrensburg?

That day is an example of how you can't judge a team after only seeing them one or two times. Washburn was not very impressive that day.
                  Last edited by Randy; 03-14-2021, 12:23 PM. Reason: afternoon game not a night game

Comment

I thought Clausing was the biggest difference between the first two games and the last two.

Comment

After watching the guards from NW, Washburn, Western, Missouri Southern, etc go at it this year it's hard for me to see how that was good ball pressure last night but to each their own.

Nothing against any of the teams, they had to earn the chance to be there throughout the year and did. Just didn't look real impressive last night. Western is a great example- they were playing as good as any team in the country then had a covid pause. They lost around 7 in a row after that and were never the same the rest of the season.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Enjoy the experience!

Comment

I had those same thoughts while watching last night too... makes you wonder if having the bye is as much of an advantage as we (NW) might like it to be.

Comment

Parker with a poster and another garbage technical him. These refs have never seen anything like Parker and have no idea how to respond.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X