Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 Transfers

Ryan Hawkins had 16 points and 11 rebounds tonight against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. Did Preston Fox get hurt before the season began?

Comment

Comment

I respect his game even if he did a lot of showboating in that Regional Championship. I watched that game again the other night and NSU was the best team NW faced in the tournament by far.

Comment

Comment

I watched the second half of that game, Hawkins looked pretty good in his first D1 game. He still looks better in green, though.

Comment

I follow Gopher sports closely as well and reports are that Fox is seemingly ahead of schedule in his rehab. From what I read, it seems the last step may just be getting him ready mentally to trust the knee. But of course that can all change.

Comment

In his first D1 game, former WSU star Kevion Taylor scored 12 points, grabbed 3 boards, and dished out 4 assists in 37 minutes. Valpo beat Toledo.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

I follow Gopher sports closely as well and reports are that Fox is seemingly ahead of schedule in his rehab. From what I read, it seems the last step may just be getting him ready mentally to trust the knee. But of course that can all change.
                  I've never had a big knee injury, heck I've never been terribly athletic, but I can imagine the mental part of actually trusting the knee is a huge part of the recovery. I look forward to seeing what Parker can do.

Mason Stark came of the bench for NAU and played 23 minutes, scoring 9 points against Arizona. I hope I will have a chance to catch a couple of his games on TV this year. He always amazed me at NSU that he was able to play at the high level he did. I continue to be surprised that he is now playing at D1.

Kallman had 8 points, 4 assists in 22 minutes off the bench for NDSU against Concordia Moorhead last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

I've never had a big knee injury, heck I've never been terribly athletic, but I can imagine the mental part of actually trusting the knee is a huge part of the recovery. I look forward to seeing what Parker can do.

Mason Stark came of the bench for NAU and played 23 minutes, scoring 9 points against Arizona. I hope I will have a chance to catch a couple of his games on TV this year. He always amazed me at NSU that he was able to play at the high level he did. I continue to be surprised that he is now playing at D1.

Kallman had 8 points, 4 assists in 22 minutes off the bench for NDSU against Concordia Moorhead last night.
                    I hate this thread, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I'm with you, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I get the hate of the topic, but it's not going to change the trend. I hope that NSU continues to recruit the types of players that are wanted at D1 programs. It's similar to when some of the big time D1 schools had to adapt to the one-and-done for the NBA. You can recruit guys that you know will be in your program for 4-5 years, but you will probably have less talented players. Ideally, you get those guys on campus and they like it so much they stay, but realistically top end D2 talent is going to look at trying to get a year or 2 at the D1 level. I will continue to follow those players even after they move on.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

I get the hate of the topic, but it's not going to change the trend. I hope that NSU continues to recruit the types of players that are wanted at D1 programs. It's similar to when some of the big time D1 schools had to adapt to the one-and-done for the NBA. You can recruit guys that you know will be in your program for 4-5 years, but you will probably have less talented players. Ideally, you get those guys on campus and they like it so much they stay, but realistically top end D2 talent is going to look at trying to get a year or 2 at the D1 level. I will continue to follow those players even after they move on.
                            Yeah I gotta think the smart coaches will start recruiting to this. Especially a school like Northern that just lost 3 guys to D1. Everything in life is what you make of it.

Pitch: You may not be getting the interest you want now, but a strong showing here will get you noticed by Division I programs

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Yeah I gotta think the smart coaches will start recruiting to this. Especially a school like Northern that just lost 3 guys to D1. Everything in life is what you make of it.

Pitch: You may not be getting the interest you want now, but a strong showing here will get you noticed by Division I programs
                              I have no info that tells me this is to be true, but I very much believe that the Wolves were early on Jackson Moni, who has grown much taller since the beginning. If I were a betting man, I'd predict he'll be our next D1 transfer in the future. Kid has an extremely bright future.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X