Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Tom Brokaw is one of my top five favorite all-time Marshall people (not including myself, I'm pretty great), so I owe it to them.
    Surely, you're not speaking of Tom Brokaw of journalistic fame. One of SD favorite son's

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Surely, you're not speaking of Tom Brokaw of journalistic fame. One of SD favorite son's
      Yeah, Tom Brokaw - you know, KMHL's old disc jockey?

I wonder what ever happened to that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Um....?
        Up until Trey Lance became Trey Area, Tom Brokaw was Marshall's most famous resident.

It might have been only a week, but it counts!

Comment

Steve Zahn - also from Marshall

Comment

Yeah, Tom Brokaw - you know, KMHL's old disc jockey?

I wonder what ever happened to that guy.
            Very funny. I figured it was something like that and you were trying to ruffle a few feathers.

Some years ago, the Omaha World Herald ran a whole page picture of famous Nebraskans including a small picture of Brokaw who worked at a TV station for a few years there. They must of received a lot of calls as they ran a retraction a few days later. Sneaky Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Very funny. I figured it was something like that and you were trying to ruffle a few feathers.

Some years ago, the Omaha World Herald ran a whole page picture of famous Nebraskans including a small picture of Brokaw who worked at a TV station for a few years there. They must of received a lot of calls as they ran a retraction a few days later. Sneaky Huskers.
              A little bit, yeah ;). I was going to work MegaDeth in there somewhere, but that would have been too big of a stretch.

KMHL was one of his first jobs in broadcasting, before he was a Yote. They fired him after a week - though he just so happened to be working there when Walter Mondale came through. He tried to interview him but his recorder was broken. It's a neat little footnote to a great career - one that even a lot of Marshall people don't know. I certainly didn't until one of our former lineman (who at the time was a director for Fox News) told us in a lecture he gave.

Anyway, I had my fun - back to the discussion. If I can make it up to the Cities (or down to Lincoln) to see Parker Fox, it looks like I might be seeing all of the NSU transfers this year - weird.

Comment

A little bit, yeah ;). I was going to work MegaDeth in there somewhere, but that would have been too big of a stretch.

KMHL was one of his first jobs in broadcasting, before he was a Yote. They fired him after a week - though he just so happened to be working there when Walter Mondale came through. He tried to interview him but his recorder was broken. It's a neat little footnote to a great career - one that even a lot of Marshall people don't know. I certainly didn't until one of our former lineman (who at the time was a director for Fox News) told us in a lecture he gave.

Anyway, I had my fun - back to the discussion. If I can make it up to the Cities (or down to Lincoln) to see Parker Fox, it looks like I might be seeing all of the NSU transfers this year - weird.
                Not unless he had a miraculous recovery

Comment

Not unless he had a miraculous recovery
                  Did he get injured? I honestly haven't kept up with the Gophs this year.

Comment

Did he get injured? I honestly haven't kept up with the Gophs this year.
                    Not many people do keep up with them so your in good shape.

He got hurt before season. Not sure what he hurt or how but was pretty sure he wasn't going to play all year. Certainly could be wrong but I check a box score from time to time to see.

Comment

Parker had surgery on his ACL and meniscus in May. Early reports had said 6-9 months so there was a chance he could be coming back around New Year's. I haven't seen much for updates, but I've seen him on the sideline (not in uniform) for the couple Gopher games I've watched a little of. He's jumping around being his energetic self, but no idea how close he is to being able to play in games.

Mason Stark started in Northern Arizona's last game. He played 36 minutes and scored 17 pts. I'm not sure if they had injuries, but that was his first start of the season.

Kallman has been seeing limited minutes off the bench for the Bison. I watched a little of the game where they played Creighton and Ryan Hawkins. NDSU got their doors blown off and Kallman didn't play a ton while I was watching.

Kevion Taylor from Winona leads Valparaiso in minutes played this year and is scoring about 10 ppg. I also see the name Kobe King on their roster now as well. Wasn't he once rumored to be going from Wisconsin to Mankato?

Comment

Not many people do keep up with them so your in good shape.

He got hurt before season. Not sure what he hurt or how but was pretty sure he wasn't going to play all year. Certainly could be wrong but I check a box score from time to time to see.
                        Completely missed that. That's a bummer. I'm guessing he can medical redshirt and could be back next year, assuming he doesn't play this season? Not sure how that works.

Well, I still might go. I like Williams Arena.

Comment

Completely missed that. That's a bummer. I'm guessing he can medical redshirt and could be back next year, assuming he doesn't play this season? Not sure how that works.

Well, I still might go. I like Williams Arena.
                          I think

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I think
                            Redshirted, played three years. Third year was a freebie making him at junior status this season. So, depending on what Goofers want to do with him, could potentially seek medical Redshirt and still have two years.

As much fun as he is having generating that NIL revenue, he may just not even ask for a scholarship by that year 7.

Comment

Not sure if former AU sharpshooter AJ Plitzuweit is injured as he is not playing this season for USD. He had a stellar season last year and was Summit league newcomer and 1st team player.

Former AU player and big-time flopper Michael Schaefer is leading D2 Barry U in scoring and probably enjoying Miami's winter.

If those 2 and NSIC leading scorer Matt Cartwright would have stayed I imagine the Vikings would be a formidable team.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                                Parker had surgery on his ACL and meniscus in May. Early reports had said 6-9 months so there was a chance he could be coming back around New Year's. I haven't seen much for updates, but I've seen him on the sideline (not in uniform) for the couple Gopher games I've watched a little of. He's jumping around being his energetic self, but no idea how close he is to being able to play in games.

Mason Stark started in Northern Arizona's last game. He played 36 minutes and scored 17 pts. I'm not sure if they had injuries, but that was his first start of the season.

Kallman has been seeing limited minutes off the bench for the Bison. I watched a little of the game where they played Creighton and Ryan Hawkins. NDSU got their doors blown off and Kallman didn't play a ton while I was watching.

Kevion Taylor from Winona leads Valparaiso in minutes played this year and is scoring about 10 ppg. I also see the name Kobe King on their roster now as well. Wasn't he once rumored to be going from Wisconsin to Mankato?
                                Answer: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...consin-badgers

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X