Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KVOsy2GAy7I
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      You beat me to it by a few minutes! Just watched the interview and came back to the D2 message board to post it (ha). Note ... the nice little 'rant' Creighton HC McDermott and then later, Ryan Hawkins, throw in the direction of Northwest Missouri and Ryan's upbringing at Northwest under Coach Ben McCollum, as well, as Ast Coaches Schneider and Meyers starts right about the 8:00 mark of this 12-min interview and literally goes right to the end of the interview. Great kudo's offered by Creighton HC McDermott to the job NW Coach McCollum is doing at NW and, admitting watching NW'S tournament games and even studying what McCollum is doing right. McDermott said he was certainly influenced by Hawkin's shooting ability with his decision to bringing Ryan Hawkin's onto this Creighton team ... now currently on a 6 game winning streak and in a tie for third place in the Big East Conference. Like, NWFanatic said ... really nice complimentary interview!
      Last edited by ZubCat81; 02-23-2022, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• I never had a doubt that he could really help Creighton. However, I am blown away with his numbers. It makes me wonder how many other guys in our league could make an impact at the mid-major and high major level.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
              I never had a doubt that he could really help Creighton. However, I am blown away with his numbers. It makes me wonder how many other guys in our league could make an impact at the mid-major and high major level.
              We might find out...
              Go Hounds!
              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
              Cyclone Power
              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

We might find out...
                TH/DB?

Comment

• The radio guys were saying that TH would be honored at Sr. night before the game on Sat. Didn't say anything about DB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                    The radio guys were saying that TH would be honored at Sr. night before the game on Sat. Didn't say anything about DB.
                    Now I see on Facebook that DB is going to be honored as well.

Comment

• They both have a yr of eligibility left-will be interesting to see what transpires

Comment

• Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

Now I see on Facebook that DB is going to be honored as well.
                        In years past, the NW faithful have typically extolled the virtues of an incoming freshman or a redshirt or two who will step in to fill the gap of whomever is leaving. In the event that Bernard and/or Hudgins would leave, are there guys waiting in the wings to be the next Pitts/Hawkins/Bernard/Hudgins, or would it be a bit of a new experience for NW fans next year to not know who the stars of the show will be?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

In years past, the NW faithful have typically extolled the virtues of an incoming freshman or a redshirt or two who will step in to fill the gap of whomever is leaving. In the event that Bernard and/or Hudgins would leave, are there guys waiting in the wings to be the next Pitts/Hawkins/Bernard/Hudgins, or would it be a bit of a new experience for NW fans next year to not know who the stars of the show will be?
                          I think we know we've been lucky... I don't think anyone expected Trevor to be able to fill Justin Pitts shoes as quickly as he did, except for maybe those within the program itself. Not only did he fill them, he outgrew them, which is pretty unbelievable. I think we know the reality that that is not likely to happen again. There are some young guys that we hope develop... and there are several good players, but it's hard to necessarily see a "star" player on the current roster. We got a nice looking point guard coming from outside of Chicago that looks good, but Trevor got to redshirt and play against Pitts everyday in practice... who knows if this kid will be ready. This might be a year where finding a scorer in the portal might benefit the Bearcats, like when we brought in Withus... look no further than the guards for Emporia to that realize there are those guys out there and NW would probably be a desirable destination with the immediate history of the program. I would expect us to take a step back next year, but as you mentioned, I think a lot of us thought that was going to happen 4 years ago too. So to answer your question, no, I don't think that we know if we have that guy(s)....To be determined.

Comment

• I have heard thru the rumor mill that Trevor wants to play in the G-League and try and get a two way contract with a NBA club as opposed to going to over seas to play. That is what Dean Wade from KSU did a few years ago and now he has a permanent roster spot on the Cleveland Cavaliers. As far as Diego goes, I am not sure his game transfers as well to the D-1 level like Hudgins's game would. He is a 6'0" big time athlete that kind of is a slashing 2 man or almost a 3 man. He shoots it good but not great. He is a perfect compliment to Hudgins but I just don't see him making the transition like Hawkins did. You just don't see anyone at the next level at Diego's size other than at the point guard position and he is definitely not a point. I am not sure he could play off the ball at the next level. If Hudgins decides to play another year of college ball, I see him transitioning well to the next level. He is a scoring point and is a better passer than people give him credit for and he also has really stepped it up defensively as well. Just my two cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Moustakas looks like he could be a very good offensive player. Needs to work on defense and get in the weight room. Add him to Dreamer and Waters and you have good height that can all shoot. Jackson and Alexander need to develop an outside shot to advance their game. As Alfred said, have a good looking PG coming in but not sure how that will translate as a freshman. No matter what the guard play will regress because we've had arguably the best player in program history and an unreal athlete who stuffs the stat sheet playing in those roles for the last 4 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                                I have heard thru the rumor mill that Trevor wants to play in the G-League and try and get a two way contract with a NBA club as opposed to going to over seas to play. That is what Dean Wade from KSU did a few years ago and now he has a permanent roster spot on the Cleveland Cavaliers. As far as Diego goes, I am not sure his game transfers as well to the D-1 level like Hudgins's game would. He is a 6'0" big time athlete that kind of is a slashing 2 man or almost a 3 man. He shoots it good but not great. He is a perfect compliment to Hudgins but I just don't see him making the transition like Hawkins did. You just don't see anyone at the next level at Diego's size other than at the point guard position and he is definitely not a point. I am not sure he could play off the ball at the next level. If Hudgins decides to play another year of college ball, I see him transitioning well to the next level. He is a scoring point and is a better passer than people give him credit for and he also has really stepped it up defensively as well. Just my two cents.
                                Trevor declared for the draft last year so he could do workouts for NBA teams to get feedback on his game. Obviously, he withdrew his name and returned which was the plan all along. I would be shocked if he goes D1. I think his plans are G-League or higher if possible. With Diego, I am still leaning to him playing on the FB team as a d-back but I haven't heard anything on that for a couple years. I believe that was his plan for his extra year of eligibility pre-Covid (can use one more year of eligibility in a different sport after exhausting 4 years in a sport).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X