• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #3 seed Bearcats @ #1 seed Vikings

https://twitter.com/bearcatsports/st...786732550?s=21

Comment

Wth why not??? I thought it was a rule.

Comment

Augie home court advantage, but until someone knocks off nw mo they are the favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by southside View Post

Wth why not??? I thought it was a rule.
          I thought it was too but the NCAA is a sucker for a quick payday. Who cares about your own rules, the fans or showcasing your best teams when you can make a quick buck. Damn shame.

Comment

Comment

My understanding is that if a school or conference wants to stream an NCAA tournament game, without paying for exclusive rights to that game, it's has to be for free. If someone buys exclusive rights, they have the right to control who streams the game. I have tried to watch D1 baseball tournament games in the early rounds but couldn't without paying.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin Albertson View Post

I thought it was too but the NCAA is a sucker for a quick payday. Who cares about your own rules, the fans or showcasing your best teams when you can make a quick buck. Damn shame.
                This is so annoying. But I would like to tip my cap to NSIC Network, loved the product that was put out this weekend.

Comment

We always complain that the media doesn't give D2 enough respect but now complain when someone does give them some respect because we have to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                    We always complain that the media doesn't give D2 enough respect but now complain when someone does give them some respect because we have to pay.
                    Yeah, I mean I get that it kind of sucks, but it is only $6, which is cheaper than a single game on our crappy network. And definitely cheaper than driving to South Dakota and watching it in person.

Comment

Comment

I only checked the score but didn't check the stats, didn't realize the Bearcats held Geiman to 1-12 shooting and 2 total points. The Vikes will need everybody (not just one or two guys) to step up and make baskets tomorrow night. Which is doable, but we can't just rely on two guys to score 16-20 apiece and think we're going to win. We're going to need to be firing on all cylinders.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                          I only checked the score but didn't check the stats, didn't realize the Bearcats held Geiman to 1-12 shooting and 2 total points. The Vikes will need everybody (not just one or two guys) to step up and make baskets tomorrow night. Which is doable, but we can't just rely on two guys to score 16-20 apiece and think we're going to win. We're going to need to be firing on all cylinders.
                          I was surprised by that too... those numbers aren't Geiman like, but as it's been mentioned in the other thread, being responsible for Hudgins for 40 minutes and holding him to 7 takes a lot out of a guy. That said, I want to also give a little shout out to Isaiah Jackson who spent 35 minutes shadowing Geiman. He was terrific and really has been all year on that end of the court. He has a defined role for us and does it well... the bonus was that he added a career high 13 points. He was great. We have 3 guards that can really guard on the perimeter... Diego has always been considered the defensive star, but Isaiah is of the same mold. Hopefully that kid develops a jumper over the summer.

I expect a battle... We will try to control the pace as we usually do which will lead to a lower scoring game where points are a premium. We need Dreamer to keep playing (shooting) well and for Waters to have a little bit of bounce back game. Does anybody else feel like they yell "Shoot the ball!" at Luke multiple times a game... lol. Hopefully, we'll have some good balance, but is it just me or does it feel like after only taking 6 shots Sunday, Trevor could absolutely blow up in this one? Obviously, I hope that's the case, but we'll see... I'm sure they'll have a plan for him. Getting everyone clear of the sick bay, staying out of foul trouble, and rebounding will be keys for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I was surprised by that too... those numbers aren't Geiman like, but as it's been mentioned in the other thread, being responsible for Hudgins for 40 minutes and holding him to 7 takes a lot out of a guy. That said, I want to also give a little shout out to Isaiah Jackson who spent 35 minutes shadowing Geiman. He was terrific and really has been all year on that end of the court. He has a defined role for us and does it well... the bonus was that he added a career high 13 points. He was great. We have 3 guards that can really guard on the perimeter... Diego has always been considered the defensive star, but Isaiah is of the same mold. Hopefully that kid develops a jumper over the summer.

I expect a battle... We will try to control the pace as we usually do which will lead to a lower scoring game where points are a premium. We need Dreamer to keep playing (shooting) well and for Waters to have a little bit of bounce back game. Does anybody else feel like they yell "Shoot the ball!" at Luke multiple times a game... lol. Hopefully, we'll have some good balance, but is it just me or does it feel like after only taking 6 shots Sunday, Trevor could absolutely blow up in this one? Obviously, I hope that's the case, but we'll see... I'm sure they'll have a plan for him. Getting everyone clear of the sick bay, staying out of foul trouble, and rebounding will be keys for us.

Comment

Diego played great... really on both ends, but I thought was trying to do too much and got a little out of control that led to some bad possessions when Washburn made their run in the second half. It was after a forced shot that they pulled him out of the game just to settle him a bit. Smart move.... 2 minutes later he was back in doing what Diego does.

Yeah, I agree. Dreamer has been really good... I've just come to expect the rebounding and defensive toughness. He's always undersized in there, but he plays strong. Its the shooting well that is sometimes inconsistent and needs to happen in a regional final. We're hard to beat when he is making shots.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X