Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Yeah, I assumed he was done at NW (hopefully hoisting his 3rd trophy). I just wonder if he may try to take advantage of the COVID year and shoot his shot at D1 if you will. I have to believe Weber at K-State kicks himself for letting him get out of Manhattan.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post

Yeah, I assumed he was done at NW (hopefully hoisting his 3rd trophy). I just wonder if he may try to take advantage of the COVID year and shoot his shot at D1 if you will. I have to believe Weber at K-State kicks himself for letting him get out of Manhattan.
        It's been known for quite awhile that this was his last year at NW. He went through Senior Day activities as well.

Comment

Yeah, he had said as much, and I think it's with the goal of starting his career. I'm sure he'll test the NBA / G League waters, but if it's not there, he'll end up making money overseas. I don't think he's thinking about D1. When Hawkins left NW, in interviews, he talked more like it was going to be his last year (period), and that was why he made the jump... saying it would be the highest level he would ever compete at, and last chance to see if he could do it. I could be completely wrong, but I think they have/had different ambitions driving those decisions... that said, Hawk may be thinking differently now after having such a successful year at the D1 level.

Comment

From last April. Not a big secret what his plans are.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...te-senior-year

Comment

Comment

I think it was more of a surprise to NW fans that didn't expect it, since all playoff games for football and basketball have always been free. It wasn't a big deal, it was just different and no one likes change. $5.99 is not too much to charge for a single game, let alone a month for those that are interesting in more viewing... it's just one less beer this week at the Black Pony Brewing Company (I'm sure they'll appreciate the plug). You are correct, the MIAA single game streams are $10, which I know sucked for all the NSIC fans that wanted to watch preseason tournaments on the MIAA Network when the NSIC games are free (I believe). Your product was top shelf... I suppose I was lucky that I didn't have any trouble with the app and streaming on my firestick.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I think it was more of a surprise to NW fans that didn't expect it, since all playoff games for football and basketball have always been free. It wasn't a big deal, it was just different and no one likes change. $5.99 is not too much to charge for a single game, let alone a month for those that are interesting in more viewing... it's just one less beer this week at the Black Pony Brewing Company (I'm sure they'll appreciate the plug). You are correct, the MIAA single game streams are $10, which I know sucked for all the NSIC fans that wanted to watch preseason tournaments on the MIAA Network when the NSIC games are free (I believe). Your product was top shelf... I suppose I was lucky that I didn't have any trouble with the app and streaming on my firestick.
                  I will agree with this and add that if you are going to take something that has been free for years and then charge a fee for it, you better make sure it works for people to access the game. Doesn't matter how good the production is if you didn't prepare on the tech side for the influx of buyers on the day of the game when they just found out it wouldn't be free like in previous years.

Comment

Thought you all did a really good job on the broadcast...heard a few complain it was a homer broadcast...maybe a little, but that's the nature of the beast when the hometown team is playing. Keep in mind those that complained around me...would complain about the taxes if they won the Lottery...so take it with a grain of salt! :)

The $5.99 was perfectly fine...would have been nice for a one game option so you wouldn't have to cancel the ongoing subscription.

As fans of D2 I think we've forgotten we used to not be able to even see games you didn't go to...now we can literally watch more than 90% of the games if not all...I've worked in sports TV for many years and appreciate having people doing it who know what they're doing...watching many of the student led broadcasts and some of the tremendously homerish radio broadcasts as the sound on MIAA broadcasts...your broadcast was a breath of fresh air.

Not sure what they're trying to teach the kids doing the broadcasts, but it isn't doing them any favors. SMH

Comment

The only complaints I heard were about issues logging in not the $5.99

Comment

NSIC fans are very fortunate with the coverage provided by Midco. It is always a pleasure when your team is on the Midco game of the week and you know you are getting a professional level broadcast. We are also very lucky to be able to watch all of the NSIC games on the NSIC Network, but the games that Midco does are so much better quality. The Midco team, especially Mr. Brown, do a very good job of being informed regardless of who they are covering. I would agree on one aspect of the complaints, and that is the seemingly short notice that this game would not be available on the NSIC Network. I could see that being frustrating for fans that do not already have Midco. Also, tech issues will frustrate anyone, but that can happen with almost any of the many apps we use on a daily basis. Thanks for the coverage David, just don't get too involved in that UND hockey so that we lose the excellent coverage of the NSIC.

Comment

Feel I have to give NW their props, It was just not Hudgins insane shooting the big difference was NW defense It seems your team had 6 guys on the court as Augustana was smothered when shooting the ball. The big game experience by the Bearcats showed, now go out and rep the Central region with another National Championship. It amazing how a small school in a smallish town can be so successful in men's BB and FB.

After a few down years it was satisfying for the Vikings to win the conference crown and make the regional championship game. Augie starts anew with 5 highly regarded freshmen next season, hopefully in a few years we make the regional again. Our peek at D1 hurt us 2 years ago as we had 3 high profile players transfer. For the foreseeable future AU is in D2 as we will win the allsport conference crown again. Augie has a D1 hockey program starting in 2023, complete with a new arena on campus. The future is bright for Augustana. Again congrats to the Bearcats. Now I have to cancel that Midco subscription.

Comment

Nwmsu discipline on offense and defense is extremely impressive. Players and coaches on exact same page.

Comment

Comment

Didn't care about the price. I was going to pay to see the game anyway. It was a non-issue for me. I enjoyed what broadcast I was able to see.

Here is some advice for your tech people that they should already know but apparently the IT universe is ignoring. And trust me, Midco Sports isn't the only one. .email and .us are legitimate TLD's. They need to add these as acceptable TLD's when people are trying to create accounts. That was the problem I was having trying to create an account from my Roku. By the time we tried several times, Midco was apparently getting slammed and it took more than 20 minutes for me to be able to get onto your website to create an account using my gmail address. Please tell your tech people this. It will save Midco some angry emails and calls to your customer service people in the future.
                                Last edited by CatFan88; 03-17-2022, 04:51 PM.
                                Go Hounds!
                                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                                Cyclone Power
                                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X