Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m curious… not curious enough to research it myself, but typically a conference player of the year is an offensive star… has there ever been a MIAA player of the year that was also the defensive player of the year? That’s impressive and really kind of cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
      I’m curious… not curious enough to research it myself, but typically a conference player of the year is an offensive star… has there ever been a MIAA player of the year that was also the defensive player of the year? That’s impressive and really kind of cool.
      According to KQ2’s Chris Roush, this the the 5th time it has happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Devin Albertson View Post
        According to KQ2’s Chris Roush, this the the 5th time it has happened.
        Thanks! I’m a little surprised, but I guess the conference is 111 years old…

Comment

• NW had more alley oop dunks yesterday vs MoWest than I’ve seen from them recently.
          They really got the large NW crowd fired up.
          Good luck to LU today and UCO’s opponent tomorrow -imho I’d rather not play UCO/ESU again

Comment

• What a tough hard fought game…Props to ESU on giving NW all they could handle for 30 plus minutes. With only a 2 pt lead at half I was pleasantly surprised NW won by as much as they did with a 20 pt lead temporarily.

Comment

• d carried the day was suffocating
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Ok Bearcat fans…educate the out-of-Towners on the things to do, places to eat, places to stay, etc. in and around Maryville during the regional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                  Ok Bearcat fans…educate the out-of-Towners on the things to do, places to eat, places to stay, etc. in and around Maryville during the regional.
                  Holiday Inn Express is best Hotel followed by Cobblestone Inn. Places to eat Palms, A&G, William Coy’s, El Nopal Pagliai’s(pizza/spaghetti) Bars -Pub, Black Pony…check out Mozingo Lake. For a day trip Squaw Creek had lots of waterfowl and Bald Eagles this year.
                  Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-08-2023, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• No matter how things go in the regional and maybe, hopefully, beyond, this year has been remarkable. Did anyone really see this coming? I mean, yes, we only lost one player, but that player was Trevor Hudgins, 2 x National POY, who is still on an NBA two way contract. This team has a better record to this point than it did a year ago, brought home an outright conference championship, a conference tournament championship, and the top seed in the best basketball region in D2. I thought this was going to kind of be a reset year with some of the unknowns... I titled this thread A New Era because of that, but the run continues with another 30 win season. We are truly blessed as Bearcat fans.

Speaking about not seeing it coming, how about the dunk over 2 defenders by our freshman point guard yesterday?!? Geez! That kid has been great from game 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                      Ok Bearcat fans…educate the out-of-Towners on the things to do, places to eat, places to stay, etc. in and around Maryville during the regional.
                      The things to do list in Maryville is short. Really short. At least there should be a good basketball tournament going on. There are bars if you like to drink... lol. We've added a brewery since the last time we hosted... The Black Pony, which Fanatic noted above. The Pub, The Black Pony, and/or Burny's Upper Deck will sometimes have live music... I don't know if they have anything scheduled next weekend or not... they probably should if they don't. I hope everyone has a safe trip and a nice stay, but I hope you all go home having lost your last game. ;)

Comment

The things to do list in Maryville is short. Really short. At least there should be a good basketball tournament going on. There are bars if you like to drink... lol. We've added a brewery since the last time we hosted... The Black Pony, which Fanatic noted above. The Pub, The Black Pony, and/or Burny's Upper Deck will sometimes have live music... I don't know if they have anything scheduled next weekend or not... they probably should if they don't. I hope everyone has a safe trip and a nice stay, but I hope you all go home having lost your last game. ;)
                        Kids are gone on Spring Break until Monday 13th...doubt they'll have live music at Burny's. Their Pizza is really good!

Comment

• Came across these today… kind of fun if you’re a Bearcat fan. Impose Your Will.

Ep. 1 - http://youtu.be/7KtqgjdGo2k

Ep. 2 - http://youtu.be/oyWE-HxxRWg

Ep. 3 - http://youtu.be/mwA-mfLF-Ik

Ep. 4 - http://youtu.be/w5mug5gaoXA

Ep. 5 - http://youtu.be/Bif78Bykz7U

Ep. 6 - https://youtu.be/q-jV6ZhTDPU

Comment

• More hardware for Diego….he’s the ‘22-‘23 Central Region D2CCA POY!
                            Congrats to DB and to Ben too as 1 of his players had now won this 6 yrs in a row!
                            Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-10-2023, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Warning: This Diego Benard appreciation post will be long. It wasn't the fairy tale ending we were hoping for, but man, what that kid gave us over the last 5 years will never be matched. I mean when will we have another player start for the Bearcats for 5 years? Given the circumstances, hopefully, never. Here is some year by year accomplishment reflection:
                              2018-2019 MIAA All Conference Honorable Mention
                              MIAA All Defensive Team
                              MIAA Champions
                              MIAA Tournament Champions
                              National Champions
                              38-0
                              2019-2020 MIAA All Conference 3rd Team
                              MIAA All Defensive Team
                              MIAA Champions
                              COVID Cancelled
                              31-1
                              2020-2021 MIAA All Conference 2nd Team
                              MIAA All Defensive Team
                              MIAA Defensive Player of the Year
                              MIAA Champions
                              National Champions
                              28-2
                              2021-2022 MIAA All Conference 2nd Team
                              MIAA All Defensive Team
                              MIAA Champions
                              National Champions
                              34-5
                              2022-2023 Central Region D2CCA POY
                              MIAA All Conference 1st Team
                              MIAA Conference Player of the Year
                              MIAA All Defensive Team
                              MIAA Champions
                              31-3
                              I didn't take out games won or lost when he didn't play as I'm sure there were a few. I know they lost to Emporia this year when he was out. but there's probably a couple on the other side too. The kid didn't miss many even with the energy and violence (as Mac likes to say) that he plays with, which is a testament to his competitiveness and "want to". During Diego's time at Northwest, the Bearcats were 162-11. 162-11! They were also an astounding 32-2 in post season play... the only other loss coming on a 55 foot buzzer beater in the MIAA tournament. He and his family have been great additions to the Bearcat family and will be missed obviously for the basketball, but they're really good people too. Unlikely, he'll ever read this, but thank you Diego for all of it.

Comment

Warning: This Diego Benard appreciation post will be long. It wasn't the fairy tale ending we were hoping for, but man, what that kid gave us over the last 5 years will never be matched. I mean when will we have another player start for the Bearcats for 5 years? Given the circumstances, hopefully, never. Here is some year by year accomplishment reflection:
                                2018-2019 MIAA All Conference Honorable Mention
                                MIAA All Defensive Team
                                MIAA Champions
                                National Champions
                                38-0
                                2019-2020 MIAA All Conference 3rd Team
                                MIAA All Defensive Team
                                MIAA Champions
                                COVID Cancelled
                                31-1
                                2020-2021 MIAA All Conference 2nd Team
                                MIAA All Defensive Team
                                MIAA Champions
                                National Champions
                                28-2
                                2021-2022 MIAA All Conference 2nd Team
                                MIAA All Defensive Team
                                MIAA Champions
                                National Champions
                                34-5
                                2022-2023 Central Region D2CCA POY
                                MIAA All Conference 1st Team
                                MIAA Conference Player of the Year
                                MIAA All Defensive Team
                                MIAA Champions
                                31-3
                                I didn't take out games won or lost when he didn't play as I'm sure there were a few. I know they lost to Emporia this year when he was out. but there's probably a couple on the other side too. The kid didn't miss many even with the energy and violence (as Mac likes to say) that he plays with, which is a testament to his competitiveness and "want to". During Diego's time at Northwest, the Bearcats were 162-11. 162-11! They were also an astounding 32-2 in post season play... the only other loss coming on a 55 foot buzzer beater in the MIAA tournament. He and his family have been great additions to the Bearcat family and will be missed obviously for the basketball, but they're really good people too. Unlikely, he'll ever read this, but thank you Diego for all of it.
                                As the fan of an opposing team, I have great respect for Diego. He is the most athletic player I've ever seen and creates havoc unlike any other. You can see the effort he puts forth and the joy he has playing. He has been the heart and soul of NW and their emotional leader. I have enjoyed watching him play (even as he led NW to victory over us). He is the type of player that makes D2 basketball so great. All that being said, I am glad he is finally done playing for NW. Great respect from this MOSO fan!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X