Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Having been around Quincy Henderson for several years at WT, I think St. Cloud got one of the brightest young coaches in the nation. Give Q a couple of years and he's have St. Cloud competing for championships. Bet on it.
    Good luck convincing the fan base/supporters of that.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Good luck convincing the fan base/supporters of that.
      Do we know how any other SCSU fans feel about the hire? Is there anything scarier than letting Simple's spewings become the mouthpiece of an entire fan base?

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Do we know how any other SCSU fans feel about the hire? Is there anything scarier than letting Simple's spewings become the mouthpiece of an entire fan base?
        I've talked to a few, but i think he is the only fan they have left, so I'm thinking so.

That and St. Cloud alumni in general have given up. Just by talking to some around where i live as well as people on the higher ed system. The enthusiasm for St. Cloud is equal to their enrollment....plummeting. It crazy and baffling to me but, it is what it is.

Comment

Pierre du Charme passed away. I didn't know him but knew his brother for awhile. I can't find a list anywhere on a quick search but I know he was quite meaningful in this region. Stanger86 I'm sure you'll know much, much more about him.

Comment

I've talked to a few, but i think he is the only fan they have left, so I'm thinking so.

That and St. Cloud alumni in general have given up. Just by talking to some around where i live as well as people on the higher ed system. The enthusiasm for St. Cloud is equal to their enrollment....plummeting. It crazy and baffling to me but, it is what it is.
            I can't remember the last time that StateU has posted on here. The last time that I talked to him he said he hadn't been to any SCSU sporting events in years. Dropping football killed his enthusiasm- he would go to both football and basketball at home and the road.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

I do miss some of the old comrades.
              I'm just not good enough anymore? I see how it is. 🤣

Comment

I have connections to the board for college of business at St Cloud. It’s a sh!tshow all over at that place. This person declined to come back to the position because of it and how poorly everything is being run now. It’s sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I have connections to the board for college of business at St Cloud. It’s a sh!tshow all over at that place. This person declined to come back to the position because of it and how poorly everything is being run now. It’s sad.
                  It is absolutely incredible what a few people can do to a school.

Comment

It is absolutely incredible what a few people can do to a school.
                    There are several reasons for the demise of SCSU- most of them can be attributed to the people on the top. The damage that they have done has driven away some of their best fans- if not forever, certainly until some great leaders come along.

Comment

Take aways from Wolves Weekly...

1 l. Wolves have had two "secret scrimmages" One was apparently against Jamestown.

2. Saul feels the offense is way ahead of schedule but defense needs more "urgency"

3. Sounds like Michael Nhail will play as a true freshman. Sounds like Dilling is eligible and will be playing.

4. Bergan currently has a wrist injury and confirmed now that Kailleb got a medical redshirt for his ACL.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                        Having been around Quincy Henderson for several years at WT, I think St. Cloud got one of the brightest young coaches in the nation. Give Q a couple of years and he's have St. Cloud competing for championships. Bet on it.
                        Is he really bright or just "Winona bright"? Big difference.

Comment

Pierre du Charme passed away. I didn't know him but knew his brother for awhile. I can't find a list anywhere on a quick search but I know he was quite meaningful in this region. Stanger86 I'm sure you'll know much, much more about him.
                          Barnesville native. QB at NDSU in the 60s, also played hoops. Was a GA on Wachs staff at Northern and HC at Mayville (late 70s) and SMSU (80s), with a few HS coaching gigs mixed in (Dickinson and Aberdeen Central). Third all-time in wins at SMSU behind Bigler and Stemen, due to longevity. Top seasons were 16-13 records in '82-'83 and '84-'85.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Barnesville native. QB at NDSU in the 60s, also played hoops. Was a GA on Wachs staff at Northern and HC at Mayville (late 70s) and SMSU (80s), with a few HS coaching gigs mixed in (Dickinson and Aberdeen Central). Third all-time in wins at SMSU behind Bigler and Stemen, due to longevity. Top seasons were 16-13 records in '82-'83 and '84-'85.
                            I found an article about how he knew he was going to be fired at SMSU and had his players carry him out in a casket...going to need a lot more deets on this epic move, haha

Comment

I found an article about how he knew he was going to be fired at SMSU and had his players carry him out in a casket...going to need a lot more deets on this epic move, haha
                              This was way before my time...MrMustang might know about it

Comment

Alright, you convinced me back for a bit, but mainly because of the Pierre passing.
                                When I was a manager at SCSU, Pierre was the head coach at SMSU. Him and our head coach at the time, Sam Skarich, got along pretty well as two older guys, Sam used to call Pierre, Prairie du Charme. The story I will never forget about him is the night his team wasn't playing very well and Pierre decided that he was hungry, so off to the concession stand he headed. Only to reappear and eat his popcorn while the game was going on. And him brining in an organ to play music was genius...
                                As far as SCSU goes the new coach is totally disenfranchising the alumni. I know of one alumni member who was a 4 year starter and captain on the 3-peat NCC championship teams who when the announcement was made sent him an email introducing himself and welcoming him. He has yet to hear back from him.. Then, in the previous 36 years, on the first Friday in August, the basketball fundraiser is held, which ordinarily generates between $15,000-$20,000 for mens basketball. This year that was cancelled and changed to just a golfing day for basketball alumni. It wass very poorly attended and the new coach only showed up at the end and stayed for about 15 minutes.
                                This whole hiring was Heather Weems way to take a shot at Kevin Schlagel as she wanted no one associated with his teams or program to be the next head coach at all. I will still state that Putz, who had won a national title 2 years ago was and is more qualified that this putz who was the 3rd chair on a Div. II team. SMH

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X