Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Finished 6th in league last year and only lost 1 senior who played substantial number of games/minutes.

Win against Southern was last year. Lost at their place this year so far.
    I think they lost quite a bit with her graduating...she seemed to do a lot of the little things to help a team win and in the limited times I've seen them play this year, I haven't seen that type of player emerge.

It seems like they get hit more than other teams with the injury bug...maybe that is a misperception of mine.

That's right...my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

I think they lost quite a bit with her graduating...she seemed to do a lot of the little things to help a team win and in the limited times I've seen them play this year, I haven't seen that type of player emerge.

It seems like they get hit more than other teams with the injury bug...maybe that is a misperception of mine.

That's right...my bad.
      Agree. McConkey was going to be tough to replace... she did a little bit of everything for them. There was and is a lot of young talent on this team, but they could really use that veteran leadership. I think there are only 2 that are above sophomore classification... of course the COVID year makes that look different than maybe it really is.

Comment

We should probably give MoSo their chat back.... sorry about that my Lion friends. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
          We should probably give MoSo their chat back.... sorry about that my Lion friends. ;)
          Whoever thought a MOSO thread would reach 3 pages? Lol! Will learn a lot about MOSO this weekend vs. Fort Hays and Kearney. Our ladies now have their backs against the wall. We'll see what kind of fight they have in them!

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

Whoever thought a MOSO thread would reach 3 pages?
            You're welcome! ;)

Comment

Did not like what I saw from the Lady Lions in tonight's 18 point loss to Fort Hays. Another poor defensive effort, and not seeing any fire or passion. Now a 3-game losing streak in the MIAA. Will become 4 if they play like this Saturday. Not responding well to having the targets on their backs. Time to get back to playing the underdog role and getting back after teams relentlessly. Next week is when we started our run last year. Maybe we can get a couple of wins soon and make a late season charge like last year.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
                TE=southside;n731566]

Womens bball is just brutal in the miaa. IMO any team from this league that makes the tournament has a decent elite eight shot.
                The top 5 or 6 teams are really, really good. Seems like the bottom tier may be a little worse than last year. Haven't figured out Emporia yet...that loss to Newman is pretty ugly. If Western can minimize their stretches where they lose their minds on the offensive end of the floor they'd probably have one or two more conference wins. You can be successful with a stretch of 3 or 4 bad possessions, but when you string more than that and do it more than once (vs Hays) you aren't going to beat good teams. Western has a tough stretch in a couple weeks UCM @ home, @ Hays and @ UNK in an 8 day stretch will be very telling. Before that @NW, @ Newman and @ UCO...those teams haven't shown much so far. Last year NW drug Western into their game at NW and won ugly 49-46...we'll see if they can do that again this year (Haven't been impressed with NW so far this year...struggled to beat a bad Rogers team at home isn't a good sign for them...)

Is it just me or has Washburn really dropped off this year? Not that they were elite last year, but they were quite a bit better than they seem to be this year.

Haven't seen UCM in person yet, watched a couple games on MIAA TV and they're better than I thought they'd be without Collier this year...I'd hate to see them with a healthy Graycen Holden.

Should be a really fun 2nd half of the conference season![/QUOTE]

Still can't figure Emporia out. Lost to Lincoln tonight after losing to Newman last week. Those are two bad losses.

Comment

Did not like what I saw from the Lady Lions in tonight's 18 point loss to Fort Hays. Another poor defensive effort, and not seeing any fire or passion. Now a 3-game losing streak in the MIAA. Will become 4 if they play like this Saturday. Not responding well to having the targets on their backs. Time to get back to playing the underdog role and getting back after teams relentlessly. Next week is when we started our run last year. Maybe we can get a couple of wins soon and make a late season charge like last year.
                  Had it and the UNK-Pitt game on...they started strong, but Hays did what Hays does. It's a long season...should be fun watching it all unfold.

Comment

The top 5 or 6 teams are really, really good. Seems like the bottom tier may be a little worse than last year. Haven't figured out Emporia yet...that loss to Newman is pretty ugly. If Western can minimize their stretches where they lose their minds on the offensive end of the floor they'd probably have one or two more conference wins. You can be successful with a stretch of 3 or 4 bad possessions, but when you string more than that and do it more than once (vs Hays) you aren't going to beat good teams. Western has a tough stretch in a couple weeks UCM @ home, @ Hays and @ UNK in an 8 day stretch will be very telling. Before that @NW, @ Newman and @ UCO...those teams haven't shown much so far. Last year NW drug Western into their game at NW and won ugly 49-46...we'll see if they can do that again this year (Haven't been impressed with NW so far this year...struggled to beat a bad Rogers team at home isn't a good sign for them...)

Is it just me or has Washburn really dropped off this year? Not that they were elite last year, but they were quite a bit better than they seem to be this year.

Haven't seen UCM in person yet, watched a couple games on MIAA TV and they're better than I thought they'd be without Collier this year...I'd hate to see them with a healthy Graycen Holden.

Should be a really fun 2nd half of the conference season!
                    Still can't figure Emporia out. Lost to Lincoln tonight after losing to Newman last week. Those are two bad losses.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is crazy...2 really bad losses. Washburn was up on UCM at half, UCM won, but I was surprised to see that score then. I don't think Washburn has much this year.

I do think Lincoln is better this year...don't think they're very good, but do seem to be moving in the right direction.

Comment

Very nice 12-point win by the MOSO men at Fort Hays. Any win in Gross Memorial Colesium is a great win. Very solid defensive effort and nice balanced scoring by the MOSO men. Now have a 5 game winning streak since we got swept by NW and MoWest in early December including 2 very nice road wins at Central OK and Fort Hays. Sam McMahon really has this team gelling and improving. Let's keep it rolling at UNK Saturday!

Comment

Another tough game for the MOSO ladies. The first 18 minutes were horrendous. Gave up 37 points, played no defense and did not show much energy and falling behind Kearney by 18 points. Now a 4 game MIAA losing streak, already losing more conference games than last year. This is now a .500 team in the MIAA that should fall completely out of the national polls. Lacy hit two 3-pointers right before half and the ladies came out with more passion and a better defensive effort in the second half, holding Kearney to 17 points but losing by 3. Hope the second half gets our ladies out of the funk they are in and leads us to playing much better and building towards our potential. We need to turn it around quick to have a chance to make the regional.

The men continue to roll in a 10 point win, making 6 consecutive wins. Another well rounded game getting lots of scoring by several players. Vinson Sigmon broke out today with 23 points. He has really been stepping up with the absence of Parker Long. Next week will be a challenge playing Washburn and Emporia. Hope the men can keep it going!

Comment

Another tough game for the MOSO ladies. The first 18 minutes were horrendous. Gave up 37 points, played no defense and did not show much energy and falling behind Kearney by 18 points. Now a 4 game MIAA losing streak, already losing more conference games than last year. This is now a .500 team in the MIAA that should fall completely out of the national polls. Lacy hit two 3-pointers right before half and the ladies came out with more passion and a better defensive effort in the second half, holding Kearney to 17 points but losing by 3. Hope the second half gets our ladies out of the funk they are in and leads us to playing much better and building towards our potential. We need to turn it around quick to have a chance to make the regional.

The men continue to roll in a 10 point win, making 6 consecutive wins. Another well rounded game getting lots of scoring by several players. Vinson Sigmon broke out today with 23 points. He has really been stepping up with the absence of Parker Long. Next week will be a challenge playing Washburn and Emporia. Hope the men can keep it going!
                          I don't know what is going on in Washburn... I know they lost their 2 outstanding guards to graduation, maybe they've been dealing with some injuries, but I didn't expect them to be 5-8 and 2-5 in the conference. They put a beatdown on Augustana in the preseason and I thought to myself "Well, Washburn is going to be good again..." Where's BTech been?!? We usually have all kinds of Washburn scoop!

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                            They put a beatdown on Augustana in the preseason and I thought to myself "Well, Washburn is going to be good again..."
                            Stop, I'm blushing.

Comment

As I expected, the MSSU women have now dropped out of both Top 25 polls. They also dropped all the way to #8 in the D2SIDA poll for the Central Region, squarely on the tournament bubble. I hope that the ladies will now embrace the underdog role and that this will fire them up to play better.

Comment

The ladies played very good defense in the first half, but shot poorly, partly due to poor shot selection. They continued the strong defense in the second half and shot much better with much better shot selection. Lacy Stokes shot the lights out in the second half. This is when our ladies started surging last year, so hope we're seeing the beginning of that this year.

Another impressive performance by the men for their seventh consecutive win! Playing lights-out defense and held Washburn to only 50 points. Getting very balanced scoring and just playing some tough, hard-nosed basketball. Currently a winning combination. Washburn is definitely down this year, especially with Deffebaugh hurt and in a boot. Washburn does have a lot of good young playrs, especially in the 6'6-6'8 range, and will be a major force to be reckoned with in the coming years. Got a very tough game coming up vs. Emporia. We may have a good scouting report on Owen Long (his twin brother Parker plays for us but is currently injured), but it will be very tough to hold down Owen and the rest of the Hornets.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X