X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Upper Iowa had one of the worst defenses in the NSIC, but supposedly they had the DPOY...

EDIT:
    Only teams worse in scoring defense were UMC, CSP and SCSU
    Only teams worse in FG% defense were UMC, CSP, BSU and SCSU
    Upper Iowa plays at a much faster pace than SMSU, therefore they're going to allow more points.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Upper Iowa had one of the worst defenses in the NSIC, but supposedly they had the DPOY...

EDIT:
    I'm not doing any digging because I don't care about awards but team defense and individual defensive are two separate categories.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

Pretty upset that Austin Andrews didn't make it, huh. :)

EDIT:

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

A joke...
    Pretty upset that Austin Andrews didn't make it, huh. :)

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    MSU's Natalie Bremer made the 2nd NSIC team and isn't even a starter. Reminds me of when John Havlicek popularized the "sixth man" concept for the Celtics. Good for her. I started in junior high and even on B team but not as a senior- unfortunately for me I couldn't add 21 points to our side. So I appreciate what she does.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
    A joke...

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied
    Postseason NSIC teams and awards are announced:

MEN: https://northernsun.org/news/2023/2/...announced.aspx

WOMEN: https://northernsun.org/news/2023/2/...announced.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

pretty good group of seniors
    Yes…will be very difficult to replace. Good veteran guards are so hard to find and/or replace.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Congratulations to Msum on a very good regular season. Congratulations to 4 Msum seniors (Baumgartner, McGhee, Stanley-Williams, Kieser) that recently played their last game at Nemzek and have been tremendous players at Msum. Best of luck to the team in the post season.
    pretty good group of seniors

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Congratulations to Msum on a very good regular season. Congratulations to 4 Msum seniors (Baumgartner, McGhee, Stanley-Williams, Kieser) that recently played their last game at Nemzek and have been tremendous players at Msum. Best of luck to the team in the post season.

Leave a comment:

• Peacock
    replied
    What a regular season for UIU. I wouldn't have predicted a share of the south with the losses of Smoldt and Jareese which was the bulk of the scoring last year, but here we are! Up and down season for UIU, but they really toughed it out with some injuries, some changes in line-ups and rotation, and in the end took care of the last two games when they needed it. The tournament is always a dog fight and honestly most any team that made it in could get hot and win it. Glad for a first round bye, but we'll need to play with the same intensity we had the last few games for the entire game. Biggest thing I saw this year is in many games we'd get down big and really struggle to get back in. I do think we need to talk about Hilmer as POY...leading the conference in scoring, near top in assists, and logs the most minutes of anyone in the league. Has 2 games over 40 and was the undisputed leader of the team, was unstoppable in a few games and lead us to a share of the south title. Duax also had a great year, he really picked up the slack along with Nick Reid in scoring. Hope we can make a run in tournament and win it, probably only chance to make the region, probably same for all in the south given how we beat up on each other.

Leave a comment:

• CoachSalscheider
    replied
    Beavers host the Vikings on Wednesday. https://bsubeavers.com/news/2023/2/1...wednesday.aspx

Leave a comment:

• CoachSalscheider
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Coach, as we would say in St. Cloud, that first half BSU offense vs Duluth was very Sam Skarich(RIP) like. What in the heck happened?
    Disclaimer: I had a previous commitment and could not watch the BSU-UMD game today (lucky me), and I will try to comment on Simple's remark based solely on my memory of events 43 years ago. Anyway, here goes starting with Sam...

Sam Skarich-like: For readers unfamiliar with Coach Skarich, Sam entered the NIC in 1981, the same year Pierre and I did. I didn't know him very well, especially since SCSU left the NIC for the NCC a year later. His forte was defense; one of his teams during his 3-year stint may have led NCAA D2 in defense. Although they may have played good defense, I remember that the Huskies would have a 3-2 or 2-1 fast break, then pull it out and set it up (I don't think it was a fan or player favorite style). So I suspect much of the talk of good defense was just slowing down the game.

My Beavers got pounded and early: Despite the blow-out, I would have liked to see the game live. I have more questions than answers.

BSU was down 45-11 at the half! I mean, this past week at half-time, we scored 51 against SCSU and 48 against Moorhead. We're a decent road/neutral team (7-7). But man, only 11 points in the first half.

I wonder how and why Sutherland left UMD. My uneducated guess is that he saw a brighter future for himself at BSU (but I don't know that). I suspect both the returning Bulldogs and Sutherland really wanted to play well today. What a tough day for Sutherland to return to his former gym (he is normally a 59% FG shooter) went 1-8 from the field and 1-6 from the line. Hmmm...

My other favorite BSU player is Kone. Normally, he is a 47% FG shooter and went 3-15. The other three starters didn't help much, either. They went a combined 7-24 (29%).

It doesn't appear to be a slow-down style (the Skarich factor) that led to our demise (we did outscore UMD 13-9 in fast break points). But regardless, it was a butt-kickin'.

Leave a comment:

• cat fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    Matt Cartwright has his right arm in a sling and not warming. That's something
    He didn't look like his normal self at Wayne on Thursday, and played limited 2nd half minutes.

Janssen in a walking boot at Marshall today. He missed the 2nd half vs USF on Thursday and apparently its bad enough that he is out today as well. Big losses for both squads.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Matt Cartwright has his right arm in a sling and not warming. That's something

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X