As it stands today here are the tiebreakers

USF over WSC, AU, WSU
    WSC over SMSU, UIU, AU, WSU
    SMSU over USF, UIU, MSU, WSU
    UIU over USF
    MSU over USF, WSC, UIU
    AU over SMSU, UIU, MSU
    WSU over UIU, MSU, AU

Of course this will change a lot after next weekend. The four games between USF/SMSU and AU/WSC will go a long way toward determining seeding. USF, WSC, and SMSU all control their own fate in regards to getting a bye and only those three have clinched a spot in the tourney. UIU/MSU/AU could also get a bye with help but could be eliminated if it goes badly next weekend.
    What an absolute cluster****... I love it!

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

My guess is that points rating is points for versus points against. Highest positive spread wins.
    I actually found it. It is a rating system similar to Performance Indicator with more points for wins vs better teams and more points for road games. I wouldn’t think it would come into play here but I could be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post

1. Head to Head
    2. Divisional Record
    3. Head to Head vs descending divisional opponents
    4. Point Rating system vs divisional opponents (not sure what this means)
    5. Head to Head vs descending non division opponents
    6. Point Rating vs non division opponents
    7. Coin Flip
    My guess is that points rating is points for versus points against. Highest positive spread wins.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    As it stands today here are the tiebreakers

USF over WSC, AU, WSU
    WSC over SMSU, UIU, AU, WSU
    SMSU over USF, UIU, MSU, WSU
    UIU over USF
    MSU over USF, WSC, UIU
    AU over SMSU, UIU, MSU
    WSU over UIU, MSU, AU

Of course this will change a lot after next weekend. The four games between USF/SMSU and AU/WSC will go a long way toward determining seeding. USF, WSC, and SMSU all control their own fate in regards to getting a bye and only those three have clinched a spot in the tourney. UIU/MSU/AU could also get a bye with help but could be eliminated if it goes badly next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Emmert's Burner View Post

What are the tiebreakers? Is it head-to-head first, and if that's split what does it go to?
    1. Head to Head
    2. Divisional Record
    3. Head to Head vs descending divisional opponents
    4. Point Rating system vs divisional opponents (not sure what this means)
    5. Head to Head vs descending non division opponents
    6. Point Rating vs non division opponents
    7. Coin Flip

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Emmert's Burner View Post

What are the tiebreakers? Is it head-to-head first, and if that's split what does it go to?
    It's my assumption that if teams finish with the same record and one wins home and away such as Augie has versus UIU and the MAVS and hopefully does Thursday vs. the MUSTANGS have an advantage. However, Augie has lost twice vs. WAYNE and WINONA. If someone knows the seeding formula please feel free to share it with us.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Emmert's Burner
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    If Vikings win out. They would own the tiebreaker over MSU, UIU and SMSU. Right?

Leave a comment:

• CoachSalscheider
    replied
    Great game in Bemidji. The Beavers got a stop at the end to win it 88-87. A few thoughts...

MOORHEAD: Like Northern, lots of talent on the floor, but not quite at NSU's level. I like Beeninga. He's quick, fast, and gets after it defensively. His seasonal 3-pt % is a decent .374, but his form is outstanding, and his 5-11 tonight was impressive. McGee & Baumgartner played well but not up to the All-NSIC expectations. Zimmer had a decent game, but I expected him to get on track, and that didn't happen. Just like NSU, only three offensive rebounds in the game? I thought Moorhead didn't get back on defense well, but when I looked at the stats, both teams gave up about a dozen fast break points each. Their rotation was also tight; they played only seven and three with 38+ minutes each.

BSU: Great recovery from a challenging game last night. Generally, I think Kone (21 pts) & Sutherland (19 pts) make us go, but Albrecht stepped up with 22 points (10-16 fgs). Only 18 minutes of bench play, but it seems to be working. Several key transition baskets caught Moorhead a bit flat-footed. Congrats to Coach Boschee & the Beavers. 12-8 in the NSIC, and 4th place is pretty good for a team predicted 15th of 16.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied

I think if Augie/Wayne sweep USF/SMSU next weekend and UIU loses one, Augie could be South #2. Does that seem right? They can’t overtake Wayne but I think if things fall right they could pass everyone else.
    But I think it’s also possible if they lose both they could end up #7 and miss the conference tourney all together. The South is wild this year.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Ok smart guys... with USF and Winona both winning tonight and not helping us out, what's Augie's best case scenario for next weekend (other than winning our games, obviously)?
    I think if Augie/Wayne sweep USF/SMSU next weekend and UIU loses one, Augie could be South #2. Does that seem right? They can’t overtake Wayne but I think if things fall right they could pass everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Ok smart guys... with USF and Winona both winning tonight and not helping us out, what's Augie's best case scenario for next weekend (other than winning our games, obviously)?
    If Vikings win out. They would own the tiebreaker over MSU, UIU and SMSU. Right?

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CoachSalscheider
    replied
    Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

It almost looked like Reede was chuckling with the defender after that unnecessary three. It seemed like the defender maybe challenged him to do it and he just said what the heck. Regardless, it was a poor decision to take that shot at that point of the game.
    Although I was still glued to the game, I may not have had all the information necessary to come to my "not-so-positive" conclusion.

Perhaps NSU can extend their playing time this afternoon at Crookston.

We (BSU) won't be as fortunate as we have another ranked opponent in Moorhead.

Leave a comment:

• NSUguy
    replied
    Excellent break down coach. I always enjoy your posts. NSU has not been able to develop the bench this year as I had hoped. They have 4 guys (Longstreet is out with a concussion) that Saul tries and he will typically give 10-15 minutes to whoever seems to be playing the best that night. Usually it is Nhial or Busch. I still think NSU takes too many threes but it was an interesting contrast tonight watching BSU fight for contested 2s and Northern launching from deep. NSU matches up well with BSU as they struggle defending the three this year.

I also thought the late 3 from Reede was strange. I actually looked it up to see if he had made one in the game and was maybe trying to keep some sort of streak alive, but he had already made one.
    It almost looked like Reede was chuckling with the defender after that unnecessary three. It seemed like the defender maybe challenged him to do it and he just said what the heck. Regardless, it was a poor decision to take that shot at that point of the game.

Leave a comment:

• cat fan
    replied
    Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
    Wayne can never get over the Mankato hump.....fall 66-67
    That was a tough loss. One of several this year where Wayne led late, but couldn't finish. I felt Wayne outplayed Mankato in many facets of the game, but Mankato took better shots and made them. Wayne's wings had a rough shooting night, in part due to some pretty difficult attempts. On a night where the 3's clearly weren't falling I wish they had fed Janssen more.

One shout out, since many of us complain about officials. I thought last night's crew of Larson, Egge, and Harstick was the best I have seen this year. Mankato vs Wayne is a difficult assignment, as evidenced by the half dozen technical fouls assessed the first time these two teams played. This crew kept the game very much under control and it never got chippy. While I might have questioned one or two calls I recognize I am biased, and three fourths of the way through the game I thought to myself that this is absolutely the crew I would want for the NSIC championship game.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X