X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

I’d be curious where he went. He was a promising player here. I hope he’s happy but grass sometimes isn’t always greener.
    I think they all should have learned that lesson

Leave a comment:

• NSUguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    St. Cloud isn’t very good. I wonder what happened to Mr Chatman. I thought maybe he would be in attendance but he didn’t make the trip.
    I’d be curious where he went. He was a promising player here. I hope he’s happy but grass sometimes isn’t always greener.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    St. Cloud isn’t very good. I wonder what happened to Mr Chatman. I thought maybe he would be in attendance but he didn’t make the trip.
    I'd assume they had quite a few quit. They have four on the bench and it's incredible this game is even this close

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Don't get offensive foul on Akoi, looked like he tripped himself.

Leave a comment:

• NSUguy
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    A bigger question is who will the league, in their infinite wisdom, assign to officiate the game. Being that it’s a Friday night they won't have to battle with the Summit League for officials. I know one who won't be there since he's at Ball State that night. Will it be guys willing to call flops or not? Will it be guys who find imaginary flops(not going to mention any names) or any other calls just cuz they want to make sure that everyone knows how good of an official they are.
    Who’s Simple cheering for in Aberdeen tonight?

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

This fall there was talk about this for Tommy's homecoming and I was told something about a potential Barstool Sports showing, but I don't think either of those are going to take place.

I dont know if we'll see Saul in a hottub. The charismatic figure I thought was coming to Northern is almost a ghost and very much seems to keep to himself, or atleast a life that doesnt demand a lot of attention. Id love to see it but I'd bet against it.
    Probably just super bored living in Aberdeen...

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

And there should be good crowds for both NSU games this weekend with "I Hate Winter". Hopefully Saul ends up in the hot tub after a weekend sweep.
    This fall there was talk about this for Tommy's homecoming and I was told something about a potential Barstool Sports showing, but I don't think either of those are going to take place.

I dont know if we'll see Saul in a hottub. The charismatic figure I thought was coming to Northern is almost a ghost and very much seems to keep to himself, or atleast a life that doesnt demand a lot of attention. Id love to see it but I'd bet against it.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

If you're going to go with 2, you really need to go 3. That Duluth/Northern game on Saturday is just as important and a good game too. Northern should be plenty rested after DESTROYING the baby huskies Friday night, I'm predicting 20+ points with no starter having to play more then 25 minutes and Moni being able to worry about just rehabbing his leg as opposed to playing a game. And because Northern chooses to start later on Saturday, most will get to see the later portions of that game.
    And there should be good crowds for both NSU games this weekend with "I Hate Winter". Hopefully Saul ends up in the hot tub after a weekend sweep.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Emmert's Burner View Post
    My two games to watch this weekend:

Fri, 5:30 - Duluth @ MSUM - the Walthall Assistant Bowl! Chad will be the NSIC's Donna Kelce this weekend, in the stands wearing a skinny tie for Wieck and full-rimmed glasses for Bergy. It's gonna be so interesting to see the very different demeanors on the sideline, as Bergy so far has been pretty mild-mannered for much of games, whereas Wieck is... well, he takes after Walthall in that way. In the last matchup on New Years Day the Dragons hit 50% from 3 (12-24) and Andrews struggled. I'm expecting both of those things to regress to the mean, and have a much closer game.

Fri, 5:30 - Wayne St @ Upper Iowa - This game is obviously huge in terms of implications for who can angle for that 2-seed and a first-round bye in the NSIC tournament. And we also have Janssen vs. Hilmer as two of the three guys up for South POTY. In the last game Hilmer and Jordan Eagins played to a dual, but Janssen out-rebounded Reid and that seemed to be the difference.
    If you're going to go with 2, you really need to go 3. That Duluth/Northern game on Saturday is just as important and a good game too. Northern should be plenty rested after DESTROYING the baby huskies Friday night, I'm predicting 20+ points with no starter having to play more then 25 minutes and Moni being able to worry about just rehabbing his leg as opposed to playing a game. And because Northern chooses to start later on Saturday, most will get to see the later portions of that game.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied
    A bigger question is who will the league, in their infinite wisdom, assign to officiate the game. Being that its a Friday night they won't have to battle with the Summit League for officials. I know one who won't be there since he's at Ball State that night. Will it be guys willing to call flops or not? Will it be guys who find imaginary flops(not going to mention any names) or any other calls just cuz they want to make sure that everyone knows how good of an official they are.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Emmert's Burner
    replied
    My two games to watch this weekend:

Fri, 5:30 - Duluth @ MSUM - the Walthall Assistant Bowl! Chad will be the NSIC's Donna Kelce this weekend, in the stands wearing a skinny tie for Wieck and full-rimmed glasses for Bergy. It's gonna be so interesting to see the very different demeanors on the sideline, as Bergy so far has been pretty mild-mannered for much of games, whereas Wieck is... well, he takes after Walthall in that way. In the last matchup on New Years Day the Dragons hit 50% from 3 (12-24) and Andrews struggled. I'm expecting both of those things to regress to the mean, and have a much closer game.

Fri, 5:30 - Wayne St @ Upper Iowa - This game is obviously huge in terms of implications for who can angle for that 2-seed and a first-round bye in the NSIC tournament. And we also have Janssen vs. Hilmer as two of the three guys up for South POTY. In the last game Hilmer and Jordan Eagins played to a dual, but Janssen out-rebounded Reid and that seemed to be the difference.

Leave a comment:

• cat fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Ridiculous call. What makes it even worse is that went in favor of UMD, which has been the biggest group of floppers in history of nsic the past few years. Also Reid Ouse is a good basketball guy. Former Msum coach and now trains many top high school, college and pro players in the off season.
    Bad call on Mohr, obviously, at a really critical moment of the game. You could argue that it cost WSC a victory as it gave UMD a free throw with 40 seconds left. The game subsequently went to overtime.

I'm all in favor of some type of flopping penalty, but will admit it is really hard to enforce. Officials have a lot to watch as it is. Yet what do you do when an entire generation of players have learned to flop around like soccer players? It has to be penalized, not rewarded.

It gets trickier because opposing coaches, and I suspect referees, know who the floppers are by this point in the year. Any decent opposing coach will be in the official's ear from the start saying "Keep an eye on Mohr flopping. He's a flopper!". Does he sometimes flop? Well...if you were to choose a likely candidate from WSC's squad, yeah, that's who I'd identify as an opposing coach. Even if/when Mohr isn't flopping he has a sort of an unorthodox look to his movements. He's very light, he's long-limbed, he's wiry, and he's on the floor a lot. He doesn't move like most college basketball players move, although he is still very effective. He's been called for flopping several times this year, quite likely sometimes deserved, because, if I'm being honest, he appears to have a tendency to flail around a bit from contact. Maybe he can't help it... he's generally the lightest guy on the court by quite a few pounds. Anyway, officials seem to watch him closely now. At this point he's losing more calls than he is getting, and the call at Duluth was a pretty painful one.

Leave a comment:

• Peacock
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    If Reid wants to keep cooking Yorko all week I'll gladly keep watching:

https://twitter.com/reidouse/status/...kjtHVY3zQ&s=19
    Holy smokes, both of those are horrendous. Curious, do officials get graded/reviewed? I can't imagine after looking at either of those that it wouldn't have been discussed with him by whoever oversees officials?

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Woof, those are some hilariously bad calls.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X