X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    Augie up 7 at the half. Easily their best performance given the competition. Fink, Graves, and Miller carrying the load offensively but the young bloods are contributing in other ways.

Foul count: Augie 11 UMD 4
    I’ve been waiting for Texas Tom to get his young group playing well and it looks like maybe that time has come. Count me among those that have been enjoying the Vikings struggles so far this season, but I also knew it wasn’t likely to last long enough.

Leave a comment:

• NSUguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    Anybody else lose the UIU broadcast?
    It froze with seconds remaining in first half. Back now for me.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Augie up 7 at the half. Easily their best performance given the competition. Fink, Graves, and Miller carrying the load offensively but the young bloods are contributing in other ways.

Foul count: Augie 11 UMD 4

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    If paying for streaming can help with sound issues and, idk, cutting off a feed before halftime. I'm in. If they don't say they are going to share that revenue to help schools with streaming, ill just watch live stats.

UIU guy is good for making the game exciting. Not great pipes but does well. Winonas sounded like they should be doing a fashion show.

Wolves up 45-33 at half, I think

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Anybody else lose the UIU broadcast?

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by NSUguy View Post
    Upper Iowa Coach all butt hurt about our guys talking trash to their bench but maybe he should tell his guys to stop talking.
    Reede/Dilling vs the Hilmer Bros isn’t the most physically imposing beef out there but the shooting contest and trash talk might be intriguing.

Leave a comment:

• NSUguy
    replied
    Upper Iowa Coach all butt hurt about our guys talking trash to their bench but maybe he should tell his guys to stop talking.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Austin Andrews is currently getting worked by Jackson Loge.

Current fouls: Augie 10 UMD 2

Augie up 5.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

Correct. MrAugustana nailed it. Those NW people are awfully sensitive.
    They are desperate to find anything out of the ordinary to be excited about. I can't blame them

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    You will never convince me what Hilmer just did to Moni, wasn't intentional.
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 01-28-2023, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Tom throwing nearly the entire roster at the Bulldogs and it's been effective so far, Augie up 21-18 at the under 10.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Austin Andrews being denied by the front of the rim on a dunk attempt is a gorgeous sight.

Leave a comment:

• NSUguy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

He was knocking Augie. More trying to say, "When you're on, you can beat the best...when you're off, you can lose to the worst."

Some NSIC fans are pretty happy the Vikings are having a rougher-than-usual year. Even if we aren't technically the worst this season.
    Correct. MrAugustana nailed it. Those NW people are awfully sensitive.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Not trying to be a jerk but using NW is a weird example. NSU hasn't beaten NW in at least 5 years. I had to double check our game this year because the way this was written I thought NW had lost. There have been some close games over the years though!
    He's saying the possible highs and lows, we are well aware of the head to head record. Haha

Leave a comment:

• CoachSalscheider
    replied
    BSU-Southwest game (disclaimer; I have just seen Southwest play once this year, plus I am old and perhaps out of touch with the modern game)

Southwest: I liked their defense early on (first few minutes). They seemed to bump us around and took us off stride. They also dug down for an occasional steal, but that didn't last. I expected Phipps, a veteran post-player, to create havoc for us down low, but that didn't happen. He corralled one rebound in 25 minutes of play. Defensively, Phipps and others allowed BSU's Sutherland to go 12-13 from the field in the paint. Braaten also struggled. He's young, so we'll give him some grace, but he was not ready to pass the ball against perimeter pressure and also had happy feet. He had five turnovers in 28 minutes. He will play better today. I did like Omot and Costello. Majouk, at 6'10," has a tremendous upside. He was 2-4 from the 3-point line, and his only 2-point shot was a nice dribble dunk. He also pulled down eight rebounds. I liked the coach's rotation, but Braaten's minutes may not have been warranted for last night.

BSU: The Beavers continue to play well and do so, with Sutherland and Kone each playing 40 minutes. That sounds like too much, but I suppose you have to do what you have to do. I really like those two (I am sure I am missing others, but they stand out to me). Southerland has the best in-the-paint stab shot floater I have seen in years; ambidextrous too. I would keep riding that horse when he goes 12-13 in the paint. And it's tough to collapse against those quick, fluid floaters effectively. Kone is a superb penetrator and disher. He is extraordinary in getting a rebound and busting down the court. He's the reason the Beavers outran the Mustangs last night. Williams and Ahlbreht are playing well too. I didn't expect a young freshman (Williams) to contribute so significantly so early. Smith has his moments for us but sometimes falls asleep when he doesn't get a call. However, he had an incredible contested dunk drive off a banana dribble from the left elbow, so he is capable.

Congrats to Coach Boschee and the Beavers. Good luck this afternoon against another strong opponent.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X