X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Fans don't want the men playing first. I don't think that is a controversial opinion or take. I think 90% of the fans liked it the way it was.

Woke - is there any dispute the move to have women play second isn't ideologically driven to be "fair" or along gender equity lines? Again, I don't this this is denied or controversial. That's my point. It was and is a solution in search of a problem.
    There are few defenses weaker than "this is the way we've always done it" as justification for opposing a new idea.

What is the sample size you used to determine that "90% of the fans liked it the way it was"?

Is there something wrong with being fair "along gender equity lines"?

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    big game Thursday.

Augie sucks
    In stretches so far this season, yes, they have. Hoping Thursday they have fewer/shorter stretches of suckage and more of the high level play--which they've also shown good stretches of--throughout.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Ridge Viking
    replied

Fans don't want the men playing first. I don't think that is a controversial opinion or take. I think 90% of the fans liked it the way it was.

Woke - is there any dispute the move to have women play second isn't ideologically driven to be "fair" or along gender equity lines? Again, I don't this this is denied or controversial. That's my point. It was and is a solution in search of a problem.
    Keep up this kind of thinking and you're going to get accused of being reasonable, level-headed, sane, dispassionate -- take your pick. Seriously, I thought it was well said and nothing more than a reflection of the facts.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied

you are free to disagree with me. It's still America and you can have a different opinion and I respect that.
    I am indifferent. It’s up to me to research game start times and then try to fit it into my schedule. Game times and who plays first makes no difference to me. There are advantages both ways, just depends what you’re looking for.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Reminder that when the conference season gets back underway it’ll be on a Thursday/Saturday, December 1 and 3. Some of you will be relieved to know that the women are back in their opening act place. This time.
    you are free to disagree with me. It's still America and you can have a different opinion and I respect that.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by nsufan View Post

Woke - Described by Merriam-Webster as “chiefly US slang”, the dictionary defines the word as: “Aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice) .

What the heck does playing a basketball game on a week night have to do with that?

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    big game Thursday.

Augie sucks

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Former Wolves legend Lincoln Jordre did not score on this possession Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied
    Wayne State went down to Florida and picked up a 72-63 win over Tampa and then recovered from a 20-point halftime deficit to defeat Eckerd 89-87.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    It wasn't a blowout, but Southwest had a fairly smooth 9-point win over Mount Marty on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Crookston almost lost to Presentation who Northern beat by almost 50 without Moni and playing a lot of bench.

I'd say that's a pretty safe bet.
    Yeah…I didn’t want to be making any wild statements. But it might be wild to say Crookston would even keep it close 😳

Leave a comment:

• Peacock
    replied
    UIU wins two down in Florida over Thanksgiving. Against East Central on Saturday UIU lead at half, but second half went on a cold spell and found themselves down by 15 at one point. Down 9 with just over a minute to play they close out game on 9-0 run to tie game with 3 seconds left on a 3 ptr by Carter Jannsen. Handle them in OT. First night beat a pretty good Wingate team by 9. Hilmer has big weekend going for 30 and 34 respectively, would assume he will be under consideration for NSIC player of week, just monster games. UIU has been interesting, putting up points like they have even with loss of Smoldt and Williams, but the difference I see is on the defensive end. Way too much dribble penetration for some easy dump offs and buckets. I'm sure they'll tighten things up....as usual they get up and down court and fun to watch.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Bethany will win a lot of games this year. But…you’d still like to see a more dominant victory. They have a few players though and could likely take down Crookston. Ha
    Crookston almost lost to Presentation who Northern beat by almost 50 without Moni and playing a lot of bench.

I'd say that's a pretty safe bet.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
    My first impression of the Bethany Lutheran- Mankato score 116-98 at Mankato was not impressive. Giving up 49 points at half to a low-mid DIII team and almost 100 for the game is shaky for an NSIC contender. HOWEVER, Bethany Lutheran has upgraded some from their recent D3 .500 records with two solid DIII road wins in Milwaukee and were 5-0 at the time. So much for first impressions. Congrats to both teams on two great starts.
    Bethany will win a lot of games this year. But…you’d still like to see a more dominant victory. They have a few players though and could likely take down Crookston. Ha

Leave a comment:

• CoachSalscheider
    replied
    My first impression of the Bethany Lutheran- Mankato score 116-98 at Mankato was not impressive. Giving up 49 points at half to a low-mid DIII team and almost 100 for the game is shaky for an NSIC contender. HOWEVER, Bethany Lutheran has upgraded some from their recent D3 .500 records with two solid DIII road wins in Milwaukee and were 5-0 at the time. So much for first impressions. Congrats to both teams on two great starts.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X