Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Moorhead wins on road at Colorado Pueblo. Baumgartner getting eased back into lineup is good news. Hoping Myren also back from injury in next week or two. Still too many mental mistakes on defense and failure to box out at times. This team needs to clean up the little things. Need another win today to finish 5-2 going into conference play isn’t too bad to start season.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Do you think that's because of the complaints lodged by fans on this website? Really makes you think.
    I’ve been thinking. I think that’s just what they want you to think. You think?

You were right

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Reminder that when the conference season gets back underway it’ll be on a Thursday/Saturday, December 1 and 3. Some of you will be relieved to know that the women are back in their opening act place. This time.
    Do you think that's because of the complaints lodged by fans on this website? Really makes you think.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Reminder that when the conference season gets back underway it’ll be on a Thursday/Saturday, December 1 and 3. Some of you will be relieved to know that the women are back in their opening act place. This time.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Are we talking about SCSU?
    I’d rather not :)

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Yes. Go woke and go broke.
    This guy's starting to remind me of the Abe Simpson meme...all the old heads on here really complaining about schools being "Woke".
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Broke. Most universities are broke.
    Are we talking about SCSU?

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Yes. Go woke and go broke.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied

Yep, your probably right the week day schedule probably nothing to do with woke or not. Still doesn’t change the fact that most universities are woke.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    The NSIC continues to ignore what its fans want,.

It is a limited fan base to start with and the entertainment market only gets more crowded every day, but the NSIC has men playing conference games at 5:30 PM on a weekenight.

It's a joke. It's dumb and it is bad for the League and the product.

Incidentially, the NSIC men's BB product is really good and worth watching. But alas, they would rather be woke.
    I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Originally posted by nsufan View Post

So whose specific and rigid political ideology does having a weeknight game fit? Were the universities "woke" years ago when games got moved to Friday/Saturday night? I'm just tired of hearing this term constantly when someone doesn't agree with a personal view.
    Yep, your probably right the week day schedule probably nothing to do with woke or not. Still doesn’t change the fact that most universities are woke.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by nsufan View Post

Woke - Described by Merriam-Webster as “chiefly US slang”, the dictionary defines the word as: “Aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice) .

What the heck does playing a basketball game on a week night have to do with that?
    That my friend is a concoction of a definition created by someone (he, she, him, her, all of the above, who really knows?) with an innate need to inflate their true wisdom importance, and sense of self-worth, i.e. a woke person.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Back when UND was in the NCC and I did summer camps for 18 years, I asked the women's players what they thought about playing second. They were all against it. They would much rather have their biggest crowd at the end of their game because the noise would help them out. For them it was embarrassing to see so many fans file out as they were warming up.

It is a failed policy that has been tried time and time again. Learn from your mistakes and you are less likely to repeat them. And if anyone thinks that this is anti-women, I am one of those people who goes to both games. Administrators should open their eyes.

Leave a comment:

• nsufan
    replied

That is one definition. Some may argue it’s not a great definition. You may be correct that week night basketball games by itself means nothing, but when you couple it with fact the many universities are driven by specific and rigid political ideology it may or may not mean something.
    So whose specific and rigid political ideology does having a weeknight game fit? Were the universities "woke" years ago when games got moved to Friday/Saturday night? I'm just tired of hearing this term constantly when someone doesn't agree with a personal view.

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

That is one definition. Some may argue it’s not a great definition. You may be correct that week night basketball games by itself means nothing, but when you couple it with fact the many universities are driven by specific and rigid political ideology it may or may not mean something.
    Wow, what a reach

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X