Clear All

• wscsuperfan
    replied
    WSC men fall to Sioux Falls last night......just not a great shooting night

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Decent road win for the Mavs at Winona this evening sans The Kreature.
    A literal win but a moral loss

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Decent road win for the Mavs at Winona this evening sans The Kreature.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

December 19th?
    Yeah that one

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Mustangs are playing a nonconference game on the last day before Christmas break....Nov 19 against Northland. Here's the kicker.....opening tip is scheduled for 11:30 am Monday. Heard there have been discussions about letting elementary school kids in for free. Would likely make for a unique environment, and probably a nice free advertisement for the team to get additional interest in Mini Mustangs program.
    December 19th?

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Mustangs are playing a nonconference game on the last day before Christmas break....Dec 19 against Northland. Here's the kicker.....opening tip is scheduled for 11:30 am Monday. Heard there have been discussions about letting elementary school kids in for free. Would likely make for a unique environment, and probably a nice free advertisement for the team to get additional interest in Mini Mustangs program.
    Last edited by Stanger86; 11-30-2022, 05:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    big game Thursday.

Augie sucks
    #BeatAugie always has a nice ring to it!

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    big game Thursday.

Augie sucks
    I'll bet you were repeating that on SMSU last football game of the season.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

There are few defenses weaker than "this is the way we've always done it" as justification for opposing a new idea.

What is the sample size you used to determine that "90% of the fans liked it the way it was"?

Is there something wrong with being fair "along gender equity lines"?
    and there are few reasons weaker than just make it fair and equal -- same line of thinking

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

In stretches so far this season, yes, they have. Hoping Thursday they have fewer/shorter stretches of suckage and more of the high level play--which they've also shown good stretches of--throughout.
    I always love the Augie games. Intense. fans care.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Maybe this is another reason the peaCocks are leaving the NSIC? The Beavers are taking over
    now that's funny

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post

Keep up this kind of thinking and you're going to get accused of being reasonable, level-headed, sane, dispassionate -- take your pick. Seriously, I thought it was well said and nothing more than a reflection of the facts.
    Zero imput from fans and boosters -- fine. all of a sudden it happened. When folks told AD's , Presidents, etc it was dumb, we were basically told too bad -- you aren't as smart as we are !

Same thing happened here with Hawaiian Night. Attendance is down, interest in down, fundraising is down, donations are down. Smart folks in administration blame Covid and have zero reality check on this. I know a bunch of folks who are disappointed in things and this is one of them and they have slowed or stopped giving.

So be it. Maybe it isn't so at other schools, but it it true at SMSU - tone deaf. We'll see with the new AD - so far I have been impressed with her.

Leave a comment:

• wsuguy87
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

There are few defenses weaker than "this is the way we've always done it" as justification for opposing a new idea.

What is the sample size you used to determine that "90% of the fans liked it the way it was"?

Is there something wrong with being fair "along gender equity lines"?
    No. There is nothing wrong with being fair along gender equity lines. I actually don't care which game is first. I watch both Warrior teams with equal passion.

I do think the change is a bit ironic, especially from the league which moved all its conference tournaments to a city, giving an often unearned advantage to two schools all in the name of money and exposure. While I follow both my teams with equal passion, ticket sales show that men's games most often draw more. Moving them to an earlier time on weeknights doesn't seem wise if the conference really cares bout finances.

Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    So anyways...anyone interested in doing pickem this season? We've missed the first game and kind of late to get it for tomorrow but just need to start a thread. We have a functioning computer now (I think) so should be able to keep track again but if someone else would like yo that is fine too.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Maybe this is another reason the peaCocks are leaving the NSIC? The Beavers are taking over

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X