Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Region Talk

I saw Inkblot post a D2MBB Bracketology for where he sees things to date. The Central Region is a beast as always. This is a big week with 2 top 4 matchups.

1. Central Oklahoma
    2. Northwest Missouri St
    3. Northern St
    4. Moorhead
    5. Southern Nazarene
    6. Emporia St
    7. USF
    8. Mankato

My biggest takeaway from this week is I'm surprised Duluth isn't in the top 8 ahead of USF and Mankato. I think they are better than both of those teams and will be in the top 8 by the end of the season.

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    My biggest takeaway from this week is I'm surprised Duluth isn't in the top 8 ahead of USF and Mankato. I think they are better than both of those teams and will be in the top 8 by the end of the season.
    To be honest, I probably didn't look hard enough at Duluth and should've had them in at 8th.

Comment

NWMSU @ UCO should be a barn burner. Glad we’re going to be there in person.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
        Never forget when new football HC Dorrell made an impact in the game at UCO last year when he brought the football players en masse to make a loud ruckous with the cheering section they made up in the stands. Ha, not to forget that horrid UCO grandpa calling the game. Got suspended for maybe a week after mocking the refs. Fun guy. Is he still there? Yeah, you're right, NW Fanatic, going to be a fun game. Love it. This Bearcat team needs to eat up the atmosphere they plan to bring.

Comment

I remember it well Zub-we were there. My wife was told she couldn’t bring her purse into the gym for security reasons. It was a cold night and I was still in a boot from a broken ankle and they wanted us to take her purse back to our car. The kicker was we later saw several female UCO fans walking around with their purses.

Comment

Cross-divisional play will help clear some things up in the NSIC over the next few weeks. This is a HUGE week for Northern with games @ Moorhead, @ USF, and @ SMSU. Tonight has a chance to be one of the games of the year in Moorhead. USF is always a battle in recent years, especially there. Then the Wolves will need to recover quickly against a well coached SMSU squad.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
              Southern got beat at home soundly by Northwest a month ago. Then we went to Central Oklahoma and handed them their only loss of the season thus far.

So, most likely Northwest wins and takes over the updated #1 spot in the region, followed of course by the red hot Lions of Missouri Southern at perhaps what, #2 or 3 maybe???

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post

Southern got beat at home soundly by Northwest a month ago. Then we went to Central Oklahoma and handed them their only loss of the season thus far.

So, most likely Northwest wins and takes over the updated #1 spot in the region, followed of course by the red hot Lions of Missouri Southern at perhaps what, #2 or 3 maybe???
                I didn't see Inkblot post that provided numbers for why UCO would be in front of NW with both at 1 loss. I can't imagine their numbers are better than NW based on our early season schedule. I looked up their loss and saw it was to MOSO. However, as mentioned, it doesn't really matter because they play each other on Thursday and that will be a better indicator. Feels like MOSO could make their way into the Top 8 this week depending on outcomes of some other games.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

I didn't see Inkblot post that provided numbers for why UCO would be in front of NW with both at 1 loss. I can't imagine their numbers are better than NW based on our early season schedule. I looked up their loss and saw it was to MOSO. However, as mentioned, it doesn't really matter because they play each other on Thursday and that will be a better indicator. Feels like MOSO could make their way into the Top 8 this week depending on outcomes of some other games.
                  Numbers are at https://inkblotsports.com/d2stats/2223/mbb/c.html.

UCO: SOS .544, RPI .621, PI 34.417
                  NW: SOS .520, RPI .613, PI 32.846

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                    Cross-divisional play will help clear some things up in the NSIC over the next few weeks. This is a HUGE week for Northern with games @ Moorhead, @ USF, and @ SMSU. Tonight has a chance to be one of the games of the year in Moorhead. USF is always a battle in recent years, especially there. Then the Wolves will need to recover quickly against a well coached SMSU squad.
                    I'd be excited about a split this weekend for us, frankly...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I'd be excited about a split this weekend for us, frankly...
                      I would have to believe most anybody in the NSIC would be quite happy to get a split on the weekend they play both NSU and Moorhead. Even Duluth, who many expected to be the NSIC favorite, lost both games at home that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Numbers are at https://inkblotsports.com/d2stats/2223/mbb/c.html.

UCO: SOS .544, RPI .621, PI 34.417
                        NW: SOS .520, RPI .613, PI 32.846
                        Yeah, I just went to look. NW scheduled some good teams with early season tournaments (at least they were projected to be good). Teams like West Texas A&M, Flagler, Truman St. have all laid eggs this year and were projected to be Top 25 teams at the beginning of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

Never forget when new football HC Dorrell made an impact in the game at UCO last year when he brought the football players en masse to make a loud ruckous with the cheering section they made up in the stands. Ha, not to forget that horrid UCO grandpa calling the game. Got suspended for maybe a week after mocking the refs. Fun guy. Is he still there? Yeah, you're right, NW Fanatic, going to be a fun game. Love it. This Bearcat team needs to eat up the atmosphere they plan to bring.
                          He is not. Different guy calling the games this year. Same guy who has done their football games the past few years.

Comment

As the SNU pxp guy, I'd personally love for UCO to be the 1-seed. Would be nice to not have to leave OKC for the region tournament.

Comment

Any other hardcore NW fans making the UCO to NU loop? Weather looks good down there. Looking forward to the NU game, dreading the UCO game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X