X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by NSUgrad View Post

Bring it back to Sioux Falls? I thought it was a success in both 2017 and 2018. That, of course, had to do with Central Region teams being in it, but we had a team in it 6 years in a row prior to this year.
    The Pentagon submitted a bid to keep it when the NCAA was determining sites for 2019 and beyond. However the rumblings were that the NCAA wanted to keep it closer to their main office in Indianapolis. Haters.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Originally posted by NSUgrad View Post

Bring it back to Sioux Falls? I thought it was a success in both 2017 and 2018. That, of course, had to do with Central Region teams being in it, but we had a team in it 6 years in a row prior to this year.
    Might be good idea. Maybe there is enough d2 interest in and around the area to help with a bit more of an atmosphere even if central region teams not in finals, etc.? Could be wishful thinking

Leave a comment:

• NSUgrad
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    D2 championship played in a 2% full arena is bad look. Not sure what can be done about it, if anything.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

That was the plan in ‘20 until covid hysteria cancelled the E8
    Why not do it as a warmup game to the D1 championship? Same day. Let the fans in at no extra charge. Two games for the price of one. Thinking about it more though that would probably keep the fans of the D2 teams out in the cold. Never mind.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by DUPanther View Post

Play the championship game in the same city as, and on the off day, of the D1 Final Four.

Did it in 2013, attendance was almost 8k.
    That was the plan in ‘20 until covid hysteria cancelled the E8
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-25-2023, 10:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DUPanther
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    D2 championship played in a 2% full arena is bad look. Not sure what can be done about it, if anything.
    Play the championship game in the same city as, and on the off day, of the D1 Final Four.

Did it in 2013, attendance was almost 8k.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shanghai Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Watching Gonzaga blow their 72-62 lead to UCLA last night with around two minutes to play made me feel slightly better about what happened to our women’s team. What looked like a sure win turned into a one point deficit. BUT, the zags recovered and pulled it out whereas our gal missed a tightly contested drive to the bucket, sending us packing.

Gonzaga got too fixated on burning clock instead of keeping the pedal down. UCLA defense forced the Zags into taking bad (long) shots as the shot clock approached zero.

Leave a comment:

• MisterWizard
    replied
    Watching Gonzaga blow their 72-62 lead to UCLA last night with around two minutes to play made me feel slightly better about what happened to our women’s team. What looked like a sure win turned into a one point deficit. BUT, the zags recovered and pulled it out whereas our gal missed a tightly contested drive to the bucket, sending us packing.

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Lady Lions should have been there.
    Just wasn't meant to be this year. I hope that experience will fuel next years team to take that next step!

Leave a comment:

• Kiss My Ass
    replied
    Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
    Congrats to the UMD ladies on advancing to the championship game in Dallas next weekend.
    Lady Lions should have been there.

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied
    Congrats to the UMD ladies on advancing to the championship game in Dallas next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    UMD is the 6th seed in the E8
    I hate reseeding because it punishes upsets. If reseeding is a good idea why don't they reseed the bid dance after each weekend? (I'm not an idiot, I know the answer is $$$)

Rank the #1 seeds of each region, since before the tournament starts they are supposed to win the region, and let the bracket play out. UMD should be playing the winner of whatever region Northwest would have played had all the #1's won their region.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    UMD is the 6th seed
    There wasn’t that much difference between northern, Moorhead and Duluth in the nsic this season. Umd was the preseason pick to win the conference. A couple weeks earlier umd played well and beat northern in conference semifinals. Msum beat umd twice, but umd also beat msum easily once at Moorhead. I don’t think there was much difference in the seatings in central region. Umd is a good team, but even by their own standards they were not overly sharp in the first couple games of the regional. They played good defense and were a bit lucky that all three teams they played also struggled on offense imo.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    UMD is the 6th seed in the E8
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-16-2023, 11:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X