Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    MSSU dominates 99% of the game and loses in final seconds. Kinda like Augustana losing by one point to the Lions on Sunday after the same scenario.

Leave a comment:

• MisterWizard
    replied
    We had two great fourth quarter rallies to make it to the sweet 16. Shoe was on the other foot tonight. Great run by the Lions and should be proud of their showing - right there in the end.

Good luck to the Bulldogs in the Elite Eight, and thanks to
    our Lions for one of their greatest seasons of all time.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

One is impressive, the other is embarrassing
    It’s impressive when for many years we’ve been happy if both our teams just make it to the conference tournament.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Wow… what a game! Heartbreaking for the Lions to lose like that. UMD played just like their men have in the regional this far… spent 3/4 of the game looking like they didn’t belong on the same court as the other team, only to come back and win it in the end. I can’t say that wasn’t entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    MoSo had a 15 point lead with about 5min left and gave it up to lose by 1. Wow...

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I have to give some respect… It’s kind of impressive that both Duluth’s men’s and women’s teams made the regional final.
    One is impressive, the other is embarrassing

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I have to give some respect… It’s kind of impressive that both Duluth’s men’s and women’s teams made the regional final.
    Kinda funny big crowd in Duluth, must be no hawkey tonight. When the camera panned through the crowd, there was many hockey jerseys, err I mean sweaters. Go MSSU.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I'm a little surprised UMD made it this far, but it's never been about talent/ability.

And, as a SMSU homer, I must say that SMSU going 2-1 against NSIC reps in the region tourney is a bit of a "what could have been" moment for me...

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
    If your parlay ticket had the Missouri Southern women as the last remaining MIAA team this season, congratulations!
    Getting ready to watch my favorite D2 women’s basketball player do her thing tonight… seriously, that’s a big compliment for me to want to watch a women’s game I have no stake in… lol Go Lions!!

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    I'm a little surprised UMD made it this far, but it's never been about talent/ability.

And, as a SMSU homer, I must say that SMSU going 2-1 against NSIC reps in the region tourney is a bit of a "what could have been" moment for me...

Leave a comment:

• Kiss My Ass
    replied
    Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
    If your parlay ticket had the Missouri Southern women as the last remaining MIAA team this season, congratulations!

It's all about getting hot and peaking at tourney time. The Lady Lions are dialed in and on a roll. GO LIONS !!!

Leave a comment:

• GoCatsGo5
    replied
    It’s the NCAA we’re talking about. I’m guessing the process involves a blindfold and either a hat, some straws or a dartboard.
    Last edited by GoCatsGo5; 03-13-2023, 04:34 PM. Reason: I forgot blindfold :-)

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by southside View Post

I think they reevaluate everyone’s season.
    Correct, as far as I'm aware. Last year on the women's side a regional 7 seed got seeded ahead of a 3 and a 1.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post

I still believe top to almost bottoms (Crookston not included), the NSIC and MIAA are 2 of the best conferences in D2. There was no Best Team In The Country in the Central Region this year, I agree with you on that. I’m still not sold on the GAC as a whole, but we knew Southern Nazarene was going to be a tough out.

Northern and Duluth both beat the likely West champ. NW beat the likely SC champ. I don’t think you can count out either SNU or UMD in the Elite 8.
    It's Marchy

Leave a comment:

• southside
    replied
    Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post

Wouldn't guarantee that necessarily. First, there's still and 8 and a 6 alive in the bracket as a whole. Now, I fully admit I don't know how the re-seeding works. Do they only factor in your current seed, or is it a full evaluation of the full body of work for the eight?
    I think they reevaluate everyone’s season.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X