Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TigerAlum
    replied
    Last night saw one of the better women's teams make an exit in FHSU that also won't be getting in to the tournament due to being stuck in regional. Very unlikely that MoWest gets in either.
    Last week MoWest was #8, first GAC school ranked was #9 S.Naz, and #10 Hays.
    FH beat MoW, forced OT on UCM and they got a lucky bounce aftet a blocked shot (potential travel before that) and will be sitting at home.

FH men who finished 3rd in the MIAA last 2 years and in both semifinals last 2 years took UCO and NW to the edge will be at home as well.

Once again the old ways of regions strikes again.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    NW’s D2 record is 27-2. UCO’s is 22-4. Does NW need to win tomorrow to host the Regional for sure?
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• southside
    replied
    NW’s D2 record is 27-2. UCO’s is 22-4. Does NW need to win tomorrow to host the Regional for sure?
    Nope

Leave a comment:

• Devin Albertson
    replied
    NW Missouri has a huge advantage in RPI and Performance Indicators. A win tomorrow locks it in for sure but I think they stay at one even with a loss.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Some posters who may have valid arguments against changes are more interested in trolling others than presenting a coherent argument most of the time. I lurked on the board for several years before actually joining, but when I joined I did so with the intention on not engaging with those types of posters. I understand this is a message board and there will be plenty of posters like that and they are more than welcome to say whatever they choose. I just won't be interacting with them.
    Totally understand. Witt and I were talking about how some of the stupidity sullied what otherwise might have been an incredibly reasoned, researched, and entertaining thread.

Leave a comment:

• Devin Albertson
    replied
    An update after the MIAA Semifinal Games
    1. NW Missouri
    2. Northern State
    3. Central Oklahoma
    4. MSU-Moorhead
    5. Southern Nazarene
    6. Minnesota-Duluth
    7. Emporia State
    8. Arkansas Tech/Ouachita Baptist/Southern Arkansas/Henderson State

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
    Upset alert in KC. Fort Hays leading UCO 30-22 at half.
    This probably has to make Emporia as nervous as anyone. I don't think Ft. Hays can knock off both UCO and NW, but if they win today does that get them close enough in the numbers for the win over Emporia to put Ft. Hays at #7?

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied
    Upset alert in KC. Fort Hays leading UCO 30-22 at half.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

What were your least favorite things said in that thread?
    Some posters who may have valid arguments against changes are more interested in trolling others than presenting a coherent argument most of the time. I lurked on the board for several years before actually joining, but when I joined I did so with the intention on not engaging with those types of posters. I understand this is a message board and there will be plenty of posters like that and they are more than welcome to say whatever they choose. I just won't be interacting with them.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post

If you want evidence of this just wander over the the General Discussion Football board. You could easily waste a day reading everything on the thread about changing the playoffs, but you will definitely be dumber for having read it all. Just some mind-numbing things being said.
    What were your least favorite things said in that thread?

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post

Unfortantely it probably really comes down to AD's and conferences that are not strong not wanting it to change because they know they get teams in and wouldn't otherwise.
    If you want evidence of this just wander over the the General Discussion Football board. You could easily waste a day reading everything on the thread about changing the playoffs, but you will definitely be dumber for having read it all. Just some mind-numbing things being said.

Leave a comment:

• TigerAlum
    replied
    Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post
    Regionalization needs to die a torturous, painful death. It's just appalling how ridiculous the whole idea is. I'm biased, but SNU being 9 is a complete joke. Make it a true national tournament and they'd be in contention for a top 4 seed in a region. Instead, you've got 13 of top 23 in Massey ratings in the Central region.
    It has been said so many times it just gets old...NCAA is for student athletes but not allowing the best athletes to compete for the best trophies and championships. Unfortantely it probably really comes down to AD's and conferences that are not strong not wanting it to change because they know they get teams in and wouldn't otherwise.

Basketball and football in my opinion aren't even the worst it is volleyball.

Leave a comment:

• Devin Albertson
    replied
    Agreed but SNU’s early exit likely locked it in even if NW doesn’t win the MIAA Tourney
    SNU was not a threat to the one seed. The loss secures them in the 4/5 game.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Ben McCollum, Diego Bernard, et. al. helped NW host.
    Agreed but SNU’s early exit likely locked it in even if NW doesn’t win the MIAA Tourney

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X