Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder
    replied
    What can Wolves fans expect from Emporia State? I don't know much about them, but in looking at stats and the roster they appear to be pretty big at least to start with 6'7", 6'7" and 6'10". Long appears to really like to shoot from deep and Comithier could be a difficult matchup. But I can't say I know anything about how they play.

On the flip side there is one key for Northern. Make shots and they will win, if they don't they will be done by Saturday evening. The Wolves have really struggled in their last 3 games. 50% of NSU's shots come from deep. I could see some difficulty for Emporia's big guy finding someone to guard if he is a true post player. It could create some interesting matchups on both ends. Hopefully Belka can stay out of foul trouble as Saul (and the NSU fans) don't have a ton of faith in the bench. Longstreet will have to play some big minutes especially defensively if the Wolves are going to be in Maryville very long.

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

When I wrote that comment I had checked the app and there wasn't anything listed yet, but thanks. Still up in the air about going but likely be just me now.
    I didn't see the game listed when I looked yesterday, but the "Watch" link took me to it...

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

On NW's schedule on bearcatsports.com when you scroll down to the first round game and click watch it takes you to the MIAA Network...take that for what it's worth ;)
    When I wrote that comment I had checked the app and there wasn't anything listed yet, but thanks. Still up in the air about going but likely be just me now.

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied

MIAA network

It isn't listed yet but I'm quite positive they have always aired it. Unless you would be interested in a road trip?
    On NW's schedule on bearcatsports.com when you scroll down to the first round game and click watch it takes you to the MIAA Network...take that for what it's worth ;)

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I may be mistaken, but I think playoff games are always free, but yes, it should broadcast over the MIAA Network. No guarantees, but I also don't believe that there will be a regional sports network swooping in to pick up the championship game and charging a fee for it (like last year). The last part would be a moot point if I'm wrong about the first part... lol.
    Every NCAA game streams for free, unless someone buys the exclusive rights like Midco did for the Central Region title game last year.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

I thought maybe their network would do it. I’d rather pay the fee than get caught in the snow storms.
    Ok

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied

I thought maybe their network would do it. I’d rather pay the fee than get caught in the snow storms.
    I may be mistaken, but I think playoff games are always free, but yes, it should broadcast over the MIAA Network. No guarantees, but I also don't believe that there will be a regional sports network swooping in to pick up the championship game and charging a fee for it (like last year). The last part would be a moot point if I'm wrong about the first part... lol.

Leave a comment:

• NSUguy
    replied

MIAA network

It isn't listed yet but I'm quite positive they have always aired it. Unless you would be interested in a road trip?

Leave a comment:

• TigerAlum
    replied
    Originally posted by ichabodhater View Post

If you took that as an attack on Hays then you didn’t read the article on why they did it. Remember this was done also during the Covid restrictions & he was just trying to keep a little fun going on with the players who were dealing with all kinds of new protocols that they never thought would be a part of their collegiate experience.

They were in western Kansas & said let’s go with a western look. If you notice him & his assistants regularly coordinate the same suits, pullovers or polos etc.
    Oh I read the article when it happened. Doesn't mean it still wasn't a shot at Hays and western Kansas. Especially when you say you plan to wear them multiple times but never do.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    I’m pretty sure I ask this every year for the regional tournament but will it be streamed anywhere?
    MIAA network

Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 03-06-2023, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NSUguy
    replied
    I’m pretty sure I ask this every year for the regional tournament but will it be streamed anywhere?

Leave a comment:

• southside
    replied
    Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post

It's horrific for the women this year. Homer alert, but what other region would have a conference regular season and tournament champion who went a combined 24-1 against conference foes, won their last 17 games, and finished 27-4 as an 8-seed? The answer is none.

Also, it's still beyond incomprehensible how SNU is behind a Pitt State team they thumped on a neutral floor.
    I admit I don’t know much about it.

I guess I’m just thinking you could do that for almost any school in the league. Including Esu…

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    It seems that winning 3 in a row in the Central Region is often tougher than winning 3 in a row in the E8.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Brookens
    replied
    SNU would have been the #1 seed in the East Region. There's got to be a better way to do this, if you truly want an "Elite" 8 and not lots of quarterfinal blowouts.

Leave a comment:

• LukeMcConnell1
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Check out where two-loss Tuskegee got seeded in the South Region...
    Misery loves company.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X