https://twitter.com/christianhaff3/s...lVMGj1T6w&s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
      (no longer NSIC relevant though)

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
        Delete this

Comment

I’ve heard around Sioux falls that Tom Billeter denied Jackson Loges request to join a NSIC team. Not sure what team he was looking to join but looks like it won’t be a NSIC team. The coach from the previous year must get final say if a player can play in the same division.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieman78 View Post
            I’ve heard around Sioux falls that Tom Billeter denied Jackson Loges request to join a NSIC team. Not sure what team he was looking to join but looks like it won’t be a NSIC team. The coach from the previous year must get final say if a player can play in the same division.
            With the "rules" nowadays, that seems strange

Comment

I didn't think conferences or teams had any control over the transfer portal.

Comment

Interesting. I wonder if at some point a kid will want to go to Augie and the other team will deny this request. I admit I don't know the ins and outs of this stuff, but we used to have a rule you had to sit out if you transferred within the NSIC. That has gone but I assume this might be related to getting a release. in other words, Texas Tom will give him the release, just not to another NSIC school.

Comment

Indianapolis has picked up the following 3 transfers
                  Paul Zilinskas from Quincy(in conference transfer)
                  Dylan Ingram from Maryville(in conference transfer)
                  Zach Szul from Ohio Dominican
                  :) :) :)
                  Last edited by simple as a $3 bill; 05-01-2023, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Lots of people are saying that Loge is free to go wherever he pleases.

Comment

• Yes, he is technically free to go wherever but if he were to pick a school in the NSIC, he would have to redshirt for a year.

Comment

• From what I understand is that as long as your previous coach in (this case Billeter), is ok with you playing right away you can play and if he says no you have to redshirt or pick a school that is not in the same conference. I was kind of confused by this myself especially with the lack of playing time Billeter gave him, you wouldn’t think he would care. This information came from a very reliable source.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieman78 View Post
                          Yes, he is technically free to go wherever but if he were to pick a school in the NSIC, he would have to redshirt for a year.
                          Why would he have to redshirt? Billiter can’t limit where he goes, he can simply just not release him from his scholarship.

Comment

• I’m not to sure that’s just the information I was given. I will try to dig a little deeper into it.
                            I did see this on the ncaa division 2 website when I took a quick glance
                            “The new model does not change the one-time transfer exception legislation, which allows the student's former school to approve or deny immediate eligibility for competition at the new school “

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieman78 View Post
                              From what I understand is that as long as your previous coach in (this case Billeter), is ok with you playing right away you can play and if he says no you have to redshirt or pick a school that is not in the same conference. I was kind of confused by this myself especially with the lack of playing time Billeter gave him, you wouldn’t think he would care. This information came from a very reliable source.
                              I stand by my previous statement, ​​​​​​Loge is free to play wherever he wants next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

I stand by my previous statement, ​​​​​​Loge is free to play wherever he wants next year
                                Isn't it fun when they start eating their own. :)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X