Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I've wondered about Western Illinois, given its his alma mater and his dad used to coach there. But that might not be a draw for him.
    Even though it’s his alma mater, it’s kind of a dumpster fire of an athletic department. A younger Margs would have jumped, but I think it’s a different story now.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Would be my only fear, but Western Illinois just had a roomie coach this year and he did pretty well. That job may not be open for awhile.
      Or a school may see the job that guy did and go after him

Comment

Or a school may see the job that guy did and go after him
        Most jobs are filled up now. The D1 list of open jobs is fairly small...Fresno State, Utah State, and UTRGV is all I've seen

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Great! I drank mine on the way home after the game. Got home at 6:30 this morning so it kept me awake. This whole thing is like a dream.
          How many pulled double duty and hit both championship games like you did?

Comment

Will Duke invite Mankato to open next season with an exhibition game at Cameron Fieldhouse?

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
              Will Duke invite Mankato to open next season with an exhibition game at Cameron Fieldhouse?
              That was tradition but I think it's been a few since they've done that. I think Northwest was the last time in 19 they hosted the D2 champ. They've been hosting HBCU schools

If Duke does offer MSU the chance to play an exhibition. Consider my ticket booked!

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

That was tradition but I think it's been a few since they've done that. I think Northwest was the last time in 19 they hosted the D2 champ. They've been hosting HBCU schools

If Duke does offer MSU the chance to play an exhibition. Consider my ticket booked!
                Duke beat NW by about 30 after NW’s ‘17 title but only by 6 pts after NW’s ‘19 title. For whatever reason they weren’t invited back after their ‘21 & ‘22 titles. Hmm😎

Comment

Originally posted by Husky View Post

How many pulled double duty and hit both championship games like you did?
                  I went with my friend Steve in his truck. Two former Nicollet student/athletes were going to do the same. I'm sure there were others.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                    Mavericks are a football stadium away from going D1. There is no doubt.
                    And about 10 million more bucks in the budget. You have Denny Sanford's phone number handy?

Comment

I've wondered about Western Illinois, given its his alma mater and his dad used to coach there. But that might not be a draw for him.

There is ZERO chance he wants that job.

Comment

I would think Western Illinois would be a massive downgrade - and I'm not saying that as someone who despises mid-major sports.

Their whole situation is bad.

Comment

It would be cool if MSU put together a special trophy case where they put all the trophies from this year and some addtional memorabilia for people to come see.

It's a feat that only two other NCAA schools in all divisions have accomplished, might as well celebrate it.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                            I would think Western Illinois would be a massive downgrade - and I'm not saying that as someone who despises mid-major sports.

Their whole situation is bad.
                            I honestly don't disagree, to be honest. But you just never know the kind of pull an offer like that might have.

Comment

I honestly don't disagree, to be honest. But you just never know the kind of pull an offer like that might have.
                              That is true, and the right hire can always turn things around.

Comment

During last night's Timberwolves game, TV analyst Jim Petersen made mention of the MSU title and said a "rising star" on the Houston coaching staff is assistant Cam Hodges.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X