Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post
    We only have Tom Connelly and Clayton Moore left.
    Is Kirsch gone? I haven't seen any news about him.

Comment

https://unkantelope.com/29771/sports...ng-candidates/

Hope the new coach knows the transfer portal.
      Good list of candidates. Danielson's been the guy I've been hoping we'd bring back for the last 2 years. I thought about Beranek as well but had him behind Danielson due to lack of college coaching experience.

Another Nebraskan with UNK connections I'd throw into the mix is John Ritzdorf at CCC in Columbus. https://cccraiders.com/information/d...zdorf?view=bio

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Good list of candidates. Danielson's been the guy I've been hoping we'd bring back for the last 2 years. I thought about Beranek as well but had him behind Danielson due to lack of college coaching experience.

Another Nebraskan with UNK connections I'd throw into the mix is John Ritzdorf at CCC in Columbus. https://cccraiders.com/information/d...zdorf?view=bio
        Curious why a good sized state university could end up with a 5-22 record. It's not like UNK is a small private school, recruiting, coaching or both. You have to be really bad to have 5 wins in a basketball season.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Curious why a good sized state university could end up with a 5-22 record. It's not like UNK is a small private school, recruiting, coaching or both. You have to be really bad to have 5 wins in a basketball season.
          Go back a few pages. The AD set the program up for failure, is the spoiler. That can’t bode well for success any season with that type of leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Is Kirsch gone? I haven't seen any news about him.
            Kirsch was honored at Senior day, I think he's done

Comment

Everything said on this thread is correct! Seems like lots of different factions are pushing their guy for this job. Will be interesting to see if the school will put up the money to pay the head coach and two assistants. The last several years it was just Lofton and Young which has proved not to work. Next year is going to be just as bad for whoever comes in.

Comment

All our ideas were wrong.

https://twitter.com/hoopdirt/status/...faqZ8LbRxO3kNw

FINALISTS ACCORDING TO HOOPDIRT.COM
                Central Missouri's Adam Bohac
                Minot State's Matt Murken
                Trinity Valley CC's Marty Levinson

Bohac is a big eye raiser

Comment

Disappointed to not see Danielson on the list. I hope it was a case of him not being interested as opposed to him applying and not being a finalist. I feel like he's ready to be a head coach. I shared my other thoughts on the coaching carousel thread.

Comment

Murken would be a great hire. He may be interested in leaving the mess that seems to be the Minot athletic department now, too.

Comment

Three finalists are actually Adam Bohac, Marty Levinson and Eastern New Mexico Coach Brent Owen who was seen in town today. If all goes well announcement is expected sometime next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Man View Post
                        Three finalists are actually Adam Bohac, Marty Levinson and Eastern New Mexico Coach Brent Owen who was seen in town today. If all goes well announcement is expected sometime next week.
                        So why would the UCM coach leave after 1 year? Just curious hasn't had enough time to build a program.

Comment

Bohac was not hired by the current AD so I have no clue what the pressure may be on him. He is a Nebraska native so that would make some sense. He also has to deal with a good baseball program and with the football team having a great year last year, I am assuming the pressure is on. In Kearney, he could easily make the MBB team be the show in town to go to.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
                            Bohac was not hired by the current AD so I have no clue what the pressure may be on him. He is a Nebraska native so that would make some sense. He also has to deal with a good baseball program and with the football team having a great year last year, I am assuming the pressure is on. In Kearney, he could easily make the MBB team be the show in town to go to.
                            Baseball team was eliminated via budget reduction in '18, rather the volleyball team is the team to compete with

EDIT: Youre talking about UCM. Here at UNK, the motto is "You cant spell drUNK without UNK". Oops.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X