Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

That was ugly. Spencer not having to break a sweat to get penetration or to get wide open shots. Augie can get any shot they want, little resistance from Northern. Northern offense trying to run through their post. Augie will continue to double down until Northern proves it can kick the ball back out and hit 3's. Central, Kearney, Washburn and Southern would possibly be up double digits at half if they were playing Northern tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Catillac View Post
      He flails better than most. I haven't seen Northern play. Is this typical? Pretty ugly.
      I have been telling people I garuntee the region in Aberdeen next year, only because I feel we have the makings of big time things next year. If this 2nd half is like the first half, I will stop sharing that prediction immediately. Lots of talent, plus talent coming in. I have felt next year will be our best team since the team that only had four losses all year all to Winona, but boy, too many unknowns right now.

Comment

Originally posted by colt45 View Post
        They're 22-7 on the season. Didn't get their by accident. I suppose when they're winning it looks prettier than this.

Augie's plan on defense is to let Doyle get his and not to allow shooters to roam free. Has worked well for a half so far.
        Not at all what I've seen.. Augie is sending help in the most the majority of his touches and have fallen asleep multiple times on shooters.. Northern just missing a lot of open looks. Just what it looks like to me though

Comment

They're 22-7 on the season. Didn't get their by accident. I suppose when they're winning it looks prettier than this.

Augie's plan on defense is to let Doyle get his and not to allow shooters to roam free. Has worked well for a half so far.
          They have spent most of the half doubling down on Doyle. If he kicks it out there are open shooters. He isn't finding them
          Or they are missing shots.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
            Courtesy of my on site correspondent...the Pentagon is way too small to host this thing...
            I'm not there..but I would assume most would rather watch the game in a capacity 3,250 seat arena versus having 3,000 in a 10,000 seat arena. I feel the Pentagon is the perfect size for D2 athletics and is an even better venue when it gets full like this. Again, though, I'm not there and this could be referencing parking, concessions, etc.

I have noticed numerous open seats so I don't believe anyone would have been turned away? I hope not.

Comment

I have been telling people I garuntee the region in Aberdeen next year, only because I feel we have the makings of big time things next year. If this 2nd half is like the first half, I will stop sharing that prediction immediately. Lots of talent, plus talent coming in. I have felt next year will be our best team since the team that only had four losses all year all to Winona, but boy, too many unknowns right now.
              The big is good. Augie's physicality on defense causing problems and Northerns lack of physicality on the other end is allowing Augie to do whatever they want offensively

Comment

I think where Northern is going to have to improve to contend for a regional next year is defensively. They were bad that first half on that end of the court.

Comment

Again, I didn't see the first half, fair is fair...most of these 2nd half calls are going in Wolves favor for sure.

Comment

I'm not there..but I would assume most would rather watch the game in a capacity 3,250 seat arena versus having 3,000 in a 10,000 seat arena. I feel the Pentagon is the perfect size for D2 athletics and is an even better venue when it gets full like this. Again, though, I'm not there and this could be referencing parking, concessions, etc.

I have noticed numerous open seats so I don't believe anyone would have been turned away? I hope not.
                    No doubt, I mean, if it's a Moorhead/Upper Iowa some day, you don't want to be in a 8,000 capacity place. I just meant mainly for Augie/NSU.

I think the one thing we can agree on, IA if NSU and Augie continue to play at a top of the conference level, this rivalry could be a LOT of fun and really develop. That said, we are the one catching up...

Comment

Again, I didn't see the first half, fair is fair...most of these 2nd half calls are going in Wolves favor for sure.
                      Calls are evening out. Nobody is even attempting to defend Spencer.

Comment

No...we aren't THIS bad of a team. I just got video and even in just one minute I see King get mugged and no call.

We are shooting extremely poorly, I don't even care about officiating at this point.

Augie is clearly shooting very well and Doyle is getting no help inside on December and we can't have him foil out. Augie is clicking.

Because I can gather myself for a moment, I want to say if I spew hatred, it's purely a sport thing and besides being down 17 at half and not getting a feed to load until almost halftime....I'm pretty much about to go out in the garage and do karate (movie reference)
                        Augie is shooting well, no doubt. But every 3 pointer they hit has been virtually uncontested. All it takes for Spencer to get a wide open shot is a simple ball screen. Northern would have to shoot well on most nights to win if their defense played like this all year.

Comment

Augie has three male students into the game as I've heard all 2nd half...no idea how DJ fouled out already...I have a ton of gripes but again, we didn't show up.

There again at 8:40 Doyle is fouled and no call....unreal. we might have a fight onight court or in crowd before game is done

Comment

Augie has three male students into the game as I've heard all 2nd half...no idea how DJ fouled out already...I have a ton of gripes but again, we didn't show up.

There again at 8:40 Doyle is fouled and no call....unreal. we might have a fight onight court or in crowd before game is done
                            Yeah it would be better if it were like 100 students yelling so you couldn't hear every single word they say. I was lucky to be in the hey day of Augieholics so no one could hear the dumb things I yelled.

Comment

Two players fouled out with 7:30 to go...yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by 86Catillac View Post
                                Augie is shooting well, no doubt. But every 3 pointer they hit has been virtually uncontested. All it takes for Spencer to get a wide open shot is a simple ball screen. Northern would have to shoot well on most nights to win if their defense played like this all year.
                                Not sure if its a communication problem or not, but Ian Smith ran into every screen for the whole night. That's a problem.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X