Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Tournament First Round Scores - Quarterfinal Pairings

Originally posted by colt45 View Post
    Yeah it would be better if it were like 100 students yelling so you couldn't hear every single word they say. I was lucky to be in the hey day of Augieholics so no one could hear the dumb things I yelled.
    Annoying to hear as an opposing fan, but I mean, obviously I get it. Just a hot mic. We didn't show up, so.it is what it is, but the officiating crew is pure $#!T a pure embarrassment to this league. Augie throwing a fit now being called for a foul up by 20....yes, 20....you don't have two of your three or four best players out...so probably wouldn't whine so much.

I've had people text me if this is the end of Sather...I don't know how to respond

Comment

Not sure if its a communication problem or not, but Ian Smith ran into every screen for the whole night. That's a problem.
      I didn't notice, thay scares me because he maybe came back too early from a concussion. I fear for his future and I don't mean as just a player.

Comment

MIAA officials are bad, but these guys are pretty bad I must admit.

Comment

Well I can honestly say I did not expect that. NSU couldn't find the range from 3. Bad officiating or no...Augie was clearly the better team on this night. As has been mentioned, Spencer was able to do almost anything he wanted to great effect and it only took a simple ball screen to get him free. John Warren played a great game and Marcus Asmus was huge in the first half.

On to SMSU.

Comment

Not sure if its a communication problem or not, but Ian Smith ran into every screen for the whole night. That's a problem.
            30 games into the season you should have something that simple figured out.

Comment

Well I can honestly say I did not expect that. NSU couldn't find the range from 3. Bad officiating or no...Augie was clearly the better team on this night. As has been mentioned, Spencer was able to do almost anything he wanted to great effect and it only took a simple ball screen to get him free. John Warren played a great game and Marcus Asmus was huge in the first half.

On to SMSU.
              Absolutely nothing from me. As a fan I will be irrational with my anger....as a former athlete who can't handle the fact he can't do anything for his school/family...I will have a heavy heart all night.

Nothing to debate, we didn't show, officials didn't help, bit they also don't shoot or execute a game plan for us either. I never would have dreamed of a blowout like this. I can't say the word that starts with a C and ends in rats, but sone one showed up with the mentality of winning this game, and someone showed up scared or not prepared.

Also, we have tworked d1 transfers and one looks like he couldn't play AA HS ball in SD...and I don't like to call out guys but he did almost nothing well all year

Comment

Semi-finals is the South 1/2/3/4 seeds.

Comment

Being at the game I can say the game was poorly officiated but that didn't produce the outcome. Northern looked scared and nervous from the get go and it showed. Augie just kept running high ball screens and crashing the boards and Northern couldn't stop them. Absolutely no adjustment from Sather either which is unacceptable. I also don't quite understand why Johnny Dahl saw any action whatsoever. With all due respect he was absolute garbage tonight and has been all year.

Augie played a heck of a game and made the shots they are supposed to make. You know those shots where nobody is guarding you - they made those shots. And they had alot of them! Piss poor defense by Northern and couldn't shoot.

I can't even blame the loss on the fact Augie decided to have a rehearsal at the Pentagon due to a "scheduling conflict." On face that's an absolute BS thing to do and I personally think the conference tourney should be out of SF and at a neutral location.

Comment

I can't believe no one has congratulated the National Champs on clinching a berth in the Central Regional yet, losing Two Pros and a Pig Farmer was a lot but not enough to keep Texas Tom off the dance floor.

Congrats to the Wolves for arguably bringing more fans than the hometown Vikings to the perfectly sized Pentagon to witness the end of Northern's season. Warren and Beyer took Smith and Arvidson out of their comfort zone, which left Doyle with a weight on his back he was not equipped to carry. Shout to Lucas Walford and Marcus Asmus for their first half efforts while Huisken sat on the bench with two fouls.

The one obvious move for SaTTher in this game was to play Doyle and Evans together and see if Busack could handle it, but Paul has shown zero ability to adapt in-game and that's probably why he's 2-11 all time versus Billeter and 0-4 in NSIC Tourney games. Bringing back Paterka to replace Mack Arvidson's 45-90 degree leg kick outs will only strengthen the Wolves case as NSIC favorites next year. If they're not a top four Regional seed next year SaTTher should be left to roam the Plains free of head coaching responsibilities.

If Beyer and Warren bring that defensive intensity tomorrow night against the Bruggestangs I feel extremely confident that the Vikings will be playing for their 3rd straight NSIC Tourney title.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Catillac View Post
                      MIAA officials are bad, but these guys are pretty bad I must admit.
                      You ain't seen jack sh!t bad officiating till you've seen the LSC,

Comment

Glad the Vikes pulled out the big win. Should be tough tomorrow night with SMSU, but Augie is playing well right now, so I hope they keep things rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                          Courtesy of my on site correspondent...the Pentagon is way too small to host this thing...
                          Wasn't even completely packed imo. The Pentagon is an A+ site for hosting this tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by NSUguy View Post
                            ...I personally think the conference tourney should be out of SF and at a neutral location.
                            No matter where you host it, someone is going to have a travel advantage. Put it in St. Paul, it favors CSP and SCSU. Put it in Fargo, it's closer for Moorhead and the ND schools. Put in in Rochester, Winona and Mankato have the edge. Put it in Mitchell and Northern would have the edge. The only way to avoid that is to put it at a high seed, but it's hard to that when there are two No. 1 seeds every year. Especially since the conference wants both the men's and women's tournaments at the same site.

None of those towns have a venue like the Pentagon though. I made my first appearance there tonight and it is FIRST CLASS! I knew a bit of what to expect, but it still kind of shocks you when you step inside.

It's good enough to hold the Elite Eight, but apparently not good enough to host the NSIC Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                              No matter where you host it, someone is going to have a travel advantage. Put it in St. Paul, it favors CSP and SCSU. Put it in Fargo, it's closer for Moorhead and the ND schools. Put in in Rochester, Winona and Mankato have the edge. Put it in Mitchell and Northern would have the edge. The only way to avoid that is to put it at a high seed, but it's hard to that when there are two No. 1 seeds every year. Especially since the conference wants both the men's and women's tournaments at the same site.

None of those towns have a venue like the Pentagon though. I made my first appearance there tonight and it is FIRST CLASS! I knew a bit of what to expect, but it still kind of shocks you when you step inside.

It's good enough to hold the Elite Eight, but apparently not good enough to host the NSIC Tournament.
                              From what I heard last year, the Pentagon did great job hosting the regional tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                                I can't believe no one has congratulated the National Champs on clinching a berth in the Central Regional yet, losing Two Pros and a Pig Farmer was a lot but not enough to keep Texas Tom off the dance floor.

Congrats to the Wolves for arguably bringing more fans than the hometown Vikings to the perfectly sized Pentagon to witness the end of Northern's season. Warren and Beyer took Smith and Arvidson out of their comfort zone, which left Doyle with a weight on his back he was not equipped to carry. Shout to Lucas Walford and Marcus Asmus for their first half efforts while Huisken sat on the bench with two fouls.

The one obvious move for SaTTher in this game was to play Doyle and Evans together and see if Busack could handle it, but Paul has shown zero ability to adapt in-game and that's probably why he's 2-11 all time versus Billeter and 0-4 in NSIC Tourney games. Bringing back Paterka to replace Mack Arvidson's 45-90 degree leg kick outs will only strengthen the Wolves case as NSIC favorites next year. If they're not a top four Regional seed next year SaTTher should be left to roam the Plains free of head coaching responsibilities.

If Beyer and Warren bring that defensive intensity tomorrow night against the Bruggestangs I feel extremely confident that the Vikings will be playing for their 3rd straight NSIC Tourney title.

Not sure what the down side would have been to NSU going big since their guards were giving uncontested open looks to Augie all night anyway. NSU was not prepared to play and have never had a backup offense to try when the outside shots do not fall like tonight. Boring and predictable offensive set that wastes the talent and size NSU has. Sather takes issue when asked about dual post sets and I can see why, because every fan in the arena has the same idea. If I were Billeter or any other coach NSU has faced this year I would be praying not to see a Doyle Evans Decker front line and Sather obliged them all year. I thought they would make a run this year but have lost faith, and it is not because of a lack of talent.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X