Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a bit surprised to see Nebraska–Kearney (14th in both RPI and PI) in over Northwestern Oklahoma State (11th/10th). But I can understand the committee being more impressed by splits with MWSU, UCM, and NWMSU than with a sweep of Henderson State – especially when UNK only has one loss to an unranked team.

Comment

Well, UCM goes 3-0 in games they have to have and then turns around and lays an egg at Emporia. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

The 2 seed has hosted a number of times for various reasons. Emporia was the 1 seed twice in recent memory where they didn’t host due to the HS tournament. In the 2008 tournament, the East regional was hosted by the 2 seed rather than 1-Franklin Pierce. The Alaska/Hawaii situation you mentioned sounds familiar as well. I recall maybe Seattle Pacific hosted instead? Doesn’t matter, point is, it has happened. But never for a reason of ‘just because’. I have zero knowledge of SNU’s ability to host, but being a suburb of OKC, it appears they can certainly handle it.
        Apparently the provision is that they can split the regional and let the 2-seed host the first two rounds if it means less teams on flights (so in bus range). Technically could happen anywhere, but Alaska/Hawaii would obviously be the most common. I'm quite certain from my couple of visits that the Sawyer Center that it would be a good host site as far as facilities. I don't know if they would draw well or not - which is about the only team in the rankings I would say that about.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post
          Well, UCM goes 3-0 in games they have to have and then turns around and lays an egg at Emporia. Yikes.
          Emporia is headed in the right direction (despite injuries and players quitting), but that's still a very disappointing one for UCM.

Comment

Originally posted by D2Rover View Post

Apparently the provision is that they can split the regional and let the 2-seed host the first two rounds if it means less teams on flights (so in bus range). Technically could happen anywhere, but Alaska/Hawaii would obviously be the most common. I'm quite certain from my couple of visits that the Sawyer Center that it would be a good host site as far as facilities. I don't know if they would draw well or not - which is about the only team in the rankings I would say that about.
            I've never heard of regionals being split except in cases where the same team is set to host both men's and women's.

Comment

Huge win for NWOSU... the sort that will make it a lot harder for the committee to leave them out of the rankings.

Comment

NWMSU has both teams ahead of them in the standings the next 2 Saturdays. Western at home and Southern on the road… depending on how the tournament goes, it could be make or break time. I feel like I’d be happy if they got a split out of those two games… but my defense mechanism is to always expect the worst. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                  NWMSU has both teams ahead of them in the standings the next 2 Saturdays. Western at home and Southern on the road… depending on how the tournament goes, it could be make or break time. I feel like I’d be happy if they got a split out of those two games… but my defense mechanism is to always expect the worst. Lol
                  I feel like NWMSU is pretty secure right now. 5-3 against the other teams in this week's under consideration list. One more win against a quality opponent would seal it, IMO.

Comment

SMSU women need to win both this weekend.

Then win at least to the finals of the NSIC tournament.

Then it is a maybe -- they may need to win the whole thing. they can if they shoot will, can't if they don't shoot well since shooting and scoring is the bread and butter .

regardless, good season, Webb has done a great job bringing the program back to Kruger levels

Comment

I feel like NWMSU is pretty secure right now. 5-3 against the other teams in this week's under consideration list. One more win against a quality opponent would seal it, IMO.
                      Agreed, although I think anybody could play themselves out of regionals with a first round conference tournament loss. If NWMSU wins out until then, they probably enter the conference tournament safe.

Comment

Agreed, although I think anybody could play themselves out of regionals with a first round conference tournament loss. If NWMSU wins out until then, they probably enter the conference tournament safe.
                        The UCO loss is arguably the worst one in the under consideration pool, so I could be wrong.

Comment

Even with the UCO loss, if NW were to win out, I'd be incline to believe they'd be a shoo-in having swept Missouri Southern, split with Western, and a 23-5 record, including 7-3 against those in consideration. I wouldn't bet my mortgage on them winning out, but they definitely have the opportunity to control their destiny.

Comment

The UCO loss is arguably the worst one in the under consideration pool, so I could be wrong.
                            I'm inclined to say Washburn and Emporia are just as bad. Or at least they're all close enough to be considered equivalently bad losses.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                              regardless, good season, Webb has done a great job bringing the program back to Kruger levels
                              Note for followers: That's Kelly Kruger levels, not Allison Kruger levels....

Comment

Wolves avoid what would have been their worse loss of the season (at a terrible time for it) by outscoring Augie 23-9 in the 4th quarter. Yikes

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X