Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite that brutal 3rd quarter, NW hangs on to complete the season sweep of the Lions. That’s a big win for their playoff hopes.

Comment

Originally posted by ucmjennies View Post
      I see Olivia Nelson is participating in Senior Day for the Jennies. She's listed as a redshirt junior on their roster. Any idea if she is coming back next season?
      They said on the radio that she has been accepted into a master's program, not offered at UCM, elsewhere.

Comment

I see Olivia Nelson is participating in Senior Day for the Jennies. She's listed as a redshirt junior on their roster. Any idea if she is coming back next season?
        We had a womens player that celebrated senior night but is coming back next year. Tough to say how many years of eligibility anyone has anymore, lol

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

We had a womens player that celebrated senior night but is coming back next year. Tough to say how many years of eligibility anyone has anymore, lol
          Wrong thread as it’s not women’s ball, but along those lines, I had KFAN on in my car…turned it on and it was the Goofers game. They were talking about Parker Fox having another year of eligibility. Ben Johnson said he’s about to turn 26, and can’t blame him for moving on.

Comment

It's amazing that Mankato is only 6th....I've thought they looked like national title contenders at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Wrong thread as it’s not women’s ball, but along those lines, I had KFAN on in my car…turned it on and it was the Goofers game. They were talking about Parker Fox having another year of eligibility. Ben Johnson said he’s about to turn 26, and can’t blame him for moving on.
              Good grief...

Again, happy he was able to live out a dream of putting on a jersey for a D1 school...

But as someone who could have gone D1 (scholarship lower level, walk on bigger school) out of high school and then again almost transfered up half way through, I am so glad I stayed D2. Way more enjoyable to be relevant, leave your mark, contribute to an attainable team goal rather than just go be another number that hardly did a thing.

Again, that's just my opinion on that. But, I digress
              Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 03-02-2024, 08:16 PM.

Comment

NWMSU over MSSU to secure a 3 way tie fort 2nd in MIAA

Comment

Seniors this year is the last group that gets a 5th year. Some athletes take advantage of that rule to get a start on their masters. Really a win/win. The downside is a lot of grads with a year of eligibility hit the portal, so they are playing at a different school.

Comment

Good grief...

Again, happy he was able to live out a dream of putting on a jersey for a D1 school...

But as someone who could have gone D1 (scholarship lower level, walk on bigger school) out of high school and then again almost transfered up half way through, I am so glad I stayed D2. Way more enjoyable to be relevant, leave your mark, contribute to an attainable team goal rather than just go be another number that hardly did a thing.

I was just shocked he had another year left.

Comment

Good grief...

+1. Covid year or not I never really understood that either.

Comment

Originally posted by southside View Post

+1. Covid year or not I never really understood that either.
                        Maybe it depends on where you go… I doubt Ryan Hawkins has any regrets. Got to play and be an important piece of a good team, played in big arenas in front of Big East crowds. Participated in Selection Sunday and March Madness on a bigger scale. Got to do the 3 on 3 tournament at the Final Four. I mean that’s the dream… he got to live it by leaving D2. Parker’s knees failed him from probably having a better experience, but he did get to wear the jersey of the team he grew up rooting for and play in The Barn. I can’t fault him for that.

Comment

Last I talked with her dad, he wasn't sure. Heard a couple players from other teams talking about her not coming back...nothing definitive though.

Comment

Originally posted by tuffeagle View Post

Seniors this year is the last group that gets a 5th year. Some athletes take advantage of that rule to get a start on their masters. Really a win/win. The downside is a lot of grads with a year of eligibility hit the portal, so they are playing at a different school.
                            My daughter is a senior with 2 more years left if she wants them...the Covid year plus she had to redshirt last year due to an in-conference transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

My daughter is a senior with 2 more years left if she wants them...the Covid year plus she had to redshirt last year due to an in-conference transfer.
                              Obviously a redshirt junior could have two years. Basically any player that started college in the fall of 2020 is eligible for a COVID year.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Maybe it depends on where you go… I doubt Ryan Hawkins has any regrets. Got to play and be an important piece of a good team, played in big arenas in front of Big East crowds. Participated in Selection Sunday and March Madness on a bigger scale. Got to do the 3 on 3 tournament at the Final Four. I mean that’s the dream… he got to live it by leaving D2. Parker’s knees failed him from probably having a better experience, but he did get to wear the jersey of the team he grew up rooting for and play in The Barn. I can’t fault him for that.

Oh for sure. Hawkins played a ton though. Even fox played a decent amount. I should have specified that I was thinking more of kids that don’t play much at all.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X