• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Men's Tournament

Mustangs up 28-21 with just over 4 min to go in the half

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
      I can't speak to last night's game which I did not watch, but agree I have seen some rough games this year... for a few years really.

A wise old coach once told me that officials have a "prime" much like athletes. Assuming they start officiating in their 20's, they will hit their prime in their 40's due to a combination of maturity, confidence, and experience. At that age most don't need or want attention, and they have learned to mentally block out a certain amount of fan/player/coach hostility. The decline for many officials starts in their late 50's or 60's, due simply to failing conditioning, reflexes, athleticism, and even eyesight (bifocals will wreck your peripheral vision, for the uninitiated).

Right now it appears to me that the league is breaking in a lot of young officials who haven't spent much time on the college stage. In addition, the numerous Baby Boomer officials are in the decline phase, not because they are suddenly bad officials, but only because Time is undefeated. I don't see a lot of officials in their 40's and 50's right now. The demographics are what they are. The young officials should improve with time. Hopefully they do improve and stick around.
      This might be one of the most interesting posts I've read on here in a long time. And I post a lot of pretty great stuff. ;)

Comment

Halftime: SMSU 40, Upper Iowa 32

Comment

It's hard to put into words the frustration I'm feeling at having to cheer for the Mustangs tonight. It's like a mix of sad and sick and angry all at once.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
            It's hard to put into words the frustration I'm feeling at having to cheer for the Mustangs tonight. It's like a mix of sad and sick and angry all at once.
            Even though it's all.but written the Wolves are out, I'm pulling for the Mustangs. But it's tough for me, onot one side you have the king of class in Bigler, while the other side of me wants to bust out my UIU basketball shirt I got in an exchange with my old buddy and SAAC conference roommate Matt Lesan and cheer for the Peacocks. I will never forget them being in Winona, and cheering as a team, in the middle of Wolves fans against Augie in 2007 I believe, haha.

Either way, it's not my team, but I can enjoy either of these two.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              Either way, it's not my team, but I can enjoy either of these two.
              Somehow, this sounds like a POSITIVE political slogan. :)

Comment

46-36 Mustangs with 14:36 to go

Comment

53-46 mustangs with 9:30 left

Comment

Mustangs up 11 with 3:16 to go

Comment

Southwest wins 71-58

Comment

Mustangs win 71-58. Congrats and good luck to all of the NSIC teams, men's and women's, in the regional.

Comment

Congrats to the NSIC tourney champs Mustangs, to come back after a grueling night before is fantastic. Congrats to the Peacocks on a great season. Me thinks the championship game was played last night.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                            Congrats to the NSIC tourney champs Mustangs, to come back after a grueling night before is fantastic. Congrats to the Peacocks on a great season. Me thinks the championship game was played last night.
                            Last I looked you think wrong! If you look back UIU swept SMSU in regular season and split with Auggie - losing the last game of regular season in overtime in a game that was back and forth like last nights game. There was a reason you didn't get to play tonight - you lost in the semis...oops

Comment

Congrats to SMSU - great game tonight. UIU just couldn't get anything going - mostly due to the great D that SMSU played. I thought when we took the lead 32-30 in first half momentum had swung, but the Mustangs went on a 10-0 run to end the half...that was game right there. Congrats again.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                                Somehow, this sounds like a POSITIVE political slogan. :)
                                I'd be happy to indulge, but the boards are already bitter enough without politics involved! Ha

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X