Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Men's Tournament

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
    Last I looked you think wrong! If you look back UIU swept SMSU in regular season and split with Auggie - losing the last game of regular season in overtime in a game that was back and forth like last nights game. There was a reason you didn't get to play tonight - you lost in the semis...oops
    I love this post so much...where is Herdman when you need him?!
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 02-28-2017, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Thank you Mustangs for enhancing our opportunity for the regionals by beating the Peacocks.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        I love this post so much...where is Hardman when you need him?!
        Actually I'm kind of worried about Herd. He used to post so much for football- not so much for basketball. I sat by him in the rain when MSU played at UIU to end the season a few years ago. A true fan- he was dying with every mistake they made, but acknowledged how well the Mavs were playing.

Hope he is OK.

Comment

Even though it's all.but written the Wolves are out, I'm pulling for the Mustangs. But it's tough for me, onot one side you have the king of class in Bigler, while the other side of me wants to bust out my UIU basketball shirt I got in an exchange with my old buddy and SAAC conference roommate Matt Lesan and cheer for the Peacocks. I will never forget them being in Winona, and cheering as a team, in the middle of Wolves fans against Augie in 2007 I believe, haha.

Either way, it's not my team, but I can enjoy either of these two.
          I feel like our resumes are fairly even and we do have the head to head win over Upper Iowa. So, I'm saying there's a chance. Although, I am not sure I it's a real victory to get a trip to Maryville for a first round beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by ddwitte View Post
            I feel like our resumes are fairly even and we do have the head to head win over Upper Iowa. So, I'm saying there's a chance. Although, I am not sure I it's a real victory to get a trip to Maryville for a first round beat down.
            Wouldn't disagree though I think the trip to finals probably puts UIU over the top against Northern. We shall see - could be toss up UIU/Augie if we only get 3, but I'm hoping they put some stock in the fact we were higher seeded in NSIC tournament, took care of business and made the finals. I think a lot will depend on the other conference tournaments and if there are any upsets.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
              Actually I'm kind of worried about Herd. He used to post so much for football- not so much for basketball. I sat by him in the rain when MSU played at UIU to end the season a few years ago. A true fan- he was dying with every mistake they made, but acknowledged how well the Mavs were playing.

Hope he is OK.
              Herd is alive and well - think he took a break from posting on here - tended to get a little fired up :)

Comment

Herd is alive and well - think he took a break from posting on here - tended to get a little fired up :)
                Thanks for the update Peacock- that is good news. Please pass along my good wishes next time you communicate with him.

Comment

Yes, thanks for the update. MrAugustana won't appreciate the mushy stuff, but when guys disappear on here I always wonder and fear the worst.

Comment

Wouldn't disagree though I think the trip to finals probably puts UIU over the top against Northern. We shall see - could be toss up UIU/Augie if we only get 3, but I'm hoping they put some stock in the fact we were higher seeded in NSIC tournament, took care of business and made the finals. I think a lot will depend on the other conference tournaments and if there are any upsets.
                    I'm no expert on regional rankings, but here are some thoughts: in the last rankings, UIU was three spots lower than Augie (UIU - 9, Augie - 6). Since then, the Peacocks won one more game than Augie (beating SCSU and Mankato in the quarter- and semi-finals), but Augie's quarter-finals win was over another regionally ranked team (Northern) and Augie's loss was to the same team that the Peacocks lost to. So basically, if I understand it correctly, UIU got one more win than Augie since the last regional rankings and their wins were over weaker competition than Augie faced. I find it hard to believe that will be enough to make a 3-spot regional ranking jump. But I am definitely not great at this kind of stuff.

Comment

I think UIU or Northern will be the final decision for the committee because I firmly believe in the MIAA and GAC favorites during their respective tournaments. Having said that, should it come down to three NSIC teams I believe Augie will get in over Upper Iowa for a few reasons:
                      -Augie has been ahead of UIU in each of the first two rankings
                      -UIU made the finals by beating three teams who weren't Regionally Ranked, while Augie went 1-1
                      -Augie is 5-5 vs opponents that are Regionally Ranked while UIU is 3-6.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                        I think UIU or Northern will be the final decision for the committee because I firmly believe in the MIAA and GAC favorites during their respective tournaments. Having said that, should it come down to three NSIC teams I believe Augie will get in over Upper Iowa for a few reasons:
                        -Augie has been ahead of UIU in each of the first two rankings
                        -UIU made the finals by beating three teams who weren't Regionally Ranked, while Augie went 1-1
                        -Augie is 5-5 vs opponents that are Regionally Ranked while UIU is 3-6.
                        Just for conversation, NSU is 4-4

Comment

Over the four games of the NSIC Tournament, the SMSU defense had long stretches where it locked down better than I've seen in years, maybe since the last Elite 8 team. The teams combined to shoot 93/237 (39.2%).

vs. UMD: 20-52, .385
                          vs. USF: 24-65, .369
                          vs. AU: 32-70, .457
                          vs. UIU: 17-50, .340

Comment

Yes, thanks for the update. MrAugustana won't appreciate the mushy stuff, but when guys disappear on here I always wonder and fear the worst.
                            I've got no problem with mushy stuff. After all, just a few weeks ago Purple Mav Man was telling the two of us to "get a room."

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                              This might be one of the most interesting posts I've read on here in a long time. And I post a lot of pretty great stuff. ;)
                              agree.

The SMSU - Augie game is the worst officiated game (both ways) i have seen in a decade. It was an joke and the teams deserved better. It was bad all around

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                                agree.

The SMSU - Augie game is the worst officiated game (both ways) i have seen in a decade. It was an joke and the teams deserved better. It was bad all around
                                and Votava is a good ref. I like him. He had a bad night and the other two were bad. Normally I would put Votava in the good ref category.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X