CSP-MSU 486
    SCSU-UIU 485
    USF-SMSU 2,651
    Augie-NSU 3,001
    MSU-UIU 777
    Augie-SMSU 2,468

Comment

Re: NSIC Men's Tournament

Woke up to see the Mustangs won, must have been a good game. It was going to be too painful for me to have to watch, but I did turn it on. Unfortunately, that was the exact moment the color commentary guy was going on about how great the officiating has been, and that did it for me. Ha

Congrats Stangs, we'll be pulling for you tonight. I know the odds are miserable, but I'm still holding on to some hope of the Wolves sneaking in ahead of the Peacocks...no need to yell at me, I know it's basically impossible/not going to happen.

Comment

First game I've had the chance to watch in some time. Great road win by the Mustangs. Just a great game all around.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          MSU needed Witthus to get more points than fouls tonight. It didn't happen and the season is over without a regional bid. Disappointed despite passing the twenty win mark.
          No doubt. 14% on 3 point attempts won't win many games; nor will 33% overall percentage. Some good talent returning, but need an inside player or two.

Comment

Congrats Mustangs on a tough road victory. I couldn't stay up for the whole thing but looked like a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
              First game I've had the chance to watch in some time. Great road win by the Mustangs. Just a great game all around.
              My feed kept freezing up so I saw very little actual action. Thank goodness that people were tweeting updates, especially during the OTs. Of course, it ran just fine once the game was done...........

Comment

My feed kept freezing up so I saw very little actual action. Thank goodness that people were tweeting updates, especially during the OTs. Of course, it ran just fine once the game was done...........
                Had the same issue yesterday for all games on my computer. However, the stream worked perfect on my phone.
                4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                2016 NSIC Champions
                🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Wow. What an absolutely incredible game. The biggest lead of the night belonged to Augie, as they were up 10 with about 3 minutes to go. Otherwise, it was a back and forth battle with some great play from both teams. It's hard to envision a scenario where Augie misses the tourney, and it would certainly be another incredibly difficult contest if the Stangs were to get matched up with the Vikings again. Definitely glad we made the trip down. Both fanbases were fully engaged in the action, making an incredible atmosphere- especially in the 2nd half and overtimes.

The only bummer- we thought the officiating was pretty bad (both ways) in the first 30 minutes. A lot of ticky tac fouls called on both teams, and seemed like the stripes were determined to want a part in deciding who was going to win the game. I noticed one time where the official actually followed an Augie player back to his bench after a controversial call. We thought he was almost egging him on to say something more...

Regardless, it's always fun to watch those games, and it never hurts to take down Augie in Sioux Falls :)

We'll see y'all tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by MustangManiac View Post
                    Wow. What an absolutely incredible game. The biggest lead of the night belonged to Augie, as they were up 10 with about 3 minutes to go. Otherwise, it was a back and forth battle with some great play from both teams. It's hard to envision a scenario where Augie misses the tourney, and it would certainly be another incredibly difficult contest if the Stangs were to get matched up with the Vikings again. Definitely glad we made the trip down. Both fanbases were fully engaged in the action, making an incredible atmosphere- especially in the 2nd half and overtimes.

The only bummer- we thought the officiating was pretty bad (both ways) in the first 30 minutes. A lot of ticky tac fouls called on both teams, and seemed like the stripes were determined to want a part in deciding who was going to win the game. I noticed one time where the official actually followed an Augie player back to his bench after a controversial call. We thought he was almost egging him on to say something more...

Regardless, it's always fun to watch those games, and it never hurts to take down Augie in Sioux Falls :)

We'll see y'all tonight!
                    The officiating has been horrible all year long

Comment

I had the same problem, but when the feed worked it was a fun game to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                        I hear ya-- but I don't recall a game that brutally officiated this year. Both fanbases were livid for a while in the 2nd half- and they both had reason to be.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                          Watched the last 15 minutes or so. Does Mankato actually run an offense? I can't tell if I just wasn't seeing it or if the general plan is just "Hope Fuqua finishes when he attempts to score."
                          They do (try to) run an offense. However it's not very effective without the exact right personnel (then it's extremely effective) and they did not have that this season. They also lacked a go-to guy. Fuqua was about as close as it comes but although very athletic, his offensive game is limited. Witthus was hurt/injured all season except for the first few games. He really struggled for most of the season. One big difference between past teams and this year...a penetrating PG who can also shoot.

Comment

Great game last night between SMSU - Augie. Instant Classic.

Brutal officiating both ways the first 40 minutes. They were awful and overmatched. Votava ia a good ref usually. not sure what happened there. Young Conrad was terrible last night. The other guy was brutal and had no business reffing that game. They were bad against both teams and those two good teams deserved better. To their credit they were uch better during the overtimes.

Great game. Fun to watch.

Hats off to both coaches who made some real changes in game plans. SMSU refused to let Spencer beat us and at least he only scored about 15. Augie put Warren out there at the point of the defense to stop Bruggeman penetration and it was very effective for about 30 minutes. Really made a differece.

Both teams played with great energy, hustle and heart. Fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                              I can't speak to last night's game which I did not watch, but agree I have seen some rough games this year... for a few years really.

A wise old coach once told me that officials have a "prime" much like athletes. Assuming they start officiating in their 20's, they will hit their prime in their 40's due to a combination of maturity, confidence, and experience. At that age most don't need or want attention, and they have learned to mentally block out a certain amount of fan/player/coach hostility. The decline for many officials starts in their late 50's or 60's, due simply to failing conditioning, reflexes, athleticism, and even eyesight (bifocals will wreck your peripheral vision, for the uninitiated).

Right now it appears to me that the league is breaking in a lot of young officials who haven't spent much time on the college stage. In addition, the numerous Baby Boomer officials are in the decline phase, not because they are suddenly bad officials, but only because Time is undefeated. I don't see a lot of officials in their 40's and 50's right now. The demographics are what they are. The young officials should improve with time. Hopefully they do improve and stick around.

Comment

Six minutes in...... SMSU 5, UIU 2

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X