Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    The NSIC had one team in the top 11 of the region by both metrics, and Minnesota State's accomplishments don't change that.
    I get why the NSIC was left out - the problem is that the metrics were very obviously not painting an accurate picture of Mankato. And it was obvious before yesterdays game.

Comment

Originally posted by GHawks View Post

It was just so obvious too. One of the situations where going strictly by the metrics was not the right decision.

MoWest can’t be happy about that draw. Work hard all season for a 2 seed and draw the #2 preseason team in the country that everyone wrote off because they lost some games early while not healthy.
      The Mavs were clearly underseeded, but I don’t know that there’s an easy solution to that. Every team can come up with explanations for why their losses don’t really matter - we weren’t healthy, the refs screwed us, our opponents had more days of rest, etc. I don’t know that you can go down that road very far.

Congrats to the Mavs; I knew they were a tough matchup, but didn’t expect them to roll like that.

Comment

7 seed or 3 seed, doesn’t matter. Gotta keep winning. Another game today.

Comment

If the Northern women hadn't flamed out at the end NSU would have something to complain about, but they didn't quite do enough this year to garner real consideration. One solution would be to ditch regionalization. The Central region probably has about 17 teams that could make an argument for a 64 team national field. Mankato may be the only team in the NSIC with a real national championship chance, but teams 2-7 were all pretty even.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
            If the Northern women hadn't flamed out at the end NSU would have something to complain about, but they didn't quite do enough this year to garner real consideration. One solution would be to ditch regionalization. The Central region probably has about 17 teams that could make an argument for a 64 team national field. Mankato may be the only team in the NSIC with a real national championship chance, but teams 2-7 were all pretty even.
            Yeah you can’t think about it like d1. There usually are no 15/16 seeds.

Comment

Mankato playing great again, have a 10 point lead over FHS. This tournament is wide open, I see Ashland just lost to Ferris State.

Comment

On to Monday 🤘🏻

Comment

Congrats PMM

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Better than the 2009 Augustana men?
                    That's insulting to the Kato women, who won both the regular season and tournament titles this year.

Comment

Just keep winning. Tomorrow should be a good game, go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                        7 seed or 3 seed, doesn’t matter. Gotta keep winning. Another game today.
                        I don't think the Mavs were seeded correctly. I said going into the tournament that they have a real shot to come out of the region and make a run deep into the national side of things.

After two games I guess I was right. A lot left to play though.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I don't think the Mavs were seeded correctly. I said going into the tournament that they have a real shot to come out of the region and make a run deep into the national side of things.

After two games I guess I was right. A lot left to play though.
                          Mankato was under seeded based on their best level of play and also didn't have some of the metrics necessary for the committee to seed them higher. Both can be true.

My thought is if you had told me in November that Mankato would be in the Central Region Final come March, I would've thought that was a good prediction. It's unfortunate for Missouri Western in particular they had to draw the Mavs first round, but that's the Central Region for you. No easy ones.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post

Mankato was under seeded based on their best level of play and also didn't have some of the metrics necessary for the committee to seed them higher. Both can be true.

My thought is if you had told me in November that Mankato would be in the Central Region Final come March, I would've thought that was a good prediction. It's unfortunate for Missouri Western in particular they had to draw the Mavs first round, but that's the Central Region for you. No easy ones.
                            The key is getting in... once you're there, you have to beat them all anyway, and in this region everyone is good. The only real beef someone can have if they made it, is that the seedings robbed them of being the host school. There is no argument to be made that they got that wrong no matter who wins the championship for the men's or the women's side.... whether it was the first round, second, or the championship game, Missouri Western got beat by the better team on the day they played. As an MIAA follower, outside of the Northwest men, we haven't showed well on either side. The only win we have was a head to head MIAA game... FHSU women over NW. It's been a little disappointing for our league.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

The key is getting in... once you're there, you have to beat them all anyway, and in this region everyone is good. The only real beef someone can have if they made it, is that the seedings robbed them of being the host school. There is no argument to be made that they got that wrong no matter who wins the championship for the men's or the women's side.... whether it was the first round, second, or the championship game, Missouri Western got beat by the better team on the day they played. As an MIAA follower, outside of the Northwest men, we haven't showed well on either side. The only win we have was a head to head MIAA game... FHSU women over NW. It's been a little disappointing for our league.
                              Couldn’t agree more, all that matters is making the dance. The Mavs wouldn’t have been the 1 seed, so no reason to be upset about things. They’re playing great, which likely surprises no one that’s seen them play this year, and have to continue to do so. I said they’d be the surprise seed of the entire tournament, I want them to pay that off. Gotta get this one tonight, first.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post

It seems like a lot of importance is placed on the first weekend of the season. Oftentimes, those are the games you play against schools from other conferences in your region. SMSU men got two wins that played a huge role in them getting in the NCAA Tournament, while MSU women obviously found out that the losses were a huge hit to their ranking.

Worth noting: The first meeting between SNU and MSU was just a four-point game going into the fourth quarter.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X