Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

The key is getting in... once you're there, you have to beat them all anyway, and in this region everyone is good. The only real beef someone can have if they made it, is that the seedings robbed them of being the host school. There is no argument to be made that they got that wrong no matter who wins the championship for the men's or the women's side.... whether it was the first round, second, or the championship game, Missouri Western got beat by the better team on the day they played. As an MIAA follower, outside of the Northwest men, we haven't showed well on either side. The only win we have was a head to head MIAA game... FHSU women over NW. It's been a little disappointing for our league.
    This is pretty much my view of it too. Like Mav Man kind of implied, MSU v SNU at the Sawyer Center is likely how this was ending up no matter how you seeded it, because SNU had the one seed even if MSU only had 2 losses all year. I wonder if Harding would have given MSU a better run than the MIAA schools did, but Mankato seems to have clearly been the one of the top 2 teams here.

Comment

Wow, 17-2 start by the Mavs!

Comment

The Mavs lead is a hilarious 46-16 at the half

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
          The Mavs lead is a hilarious 46-16 at the half
          Wow!

Comment

Mankato absolutely dominating tonight. 30 point halftime lead is insane. What a run this would be, beating the top 3 seeds in the region. Hottest team in the country?

Comment

Grand Valley State was upset. This tournament is WIDE open. Mankato is on fire and has a 30 point lead at the half. Get er done!

Comment

Joey Batt, ladies and gentlemen

Comment

MSU answering why 6 was afraid of 7…

#7 storms into the Elite 8

Comment

Congratulations to the Mavs women! Keep the momentum rolling ladies!

Comment

Inkblot can you help us with how the Women's Elite Eight is looking for reseeding? I see we are waiting on a game tonight and a game tomorrow night. How do you think this is shaking down?

Comment

I watched online. I thought MSU was going to win. I couldn't believe how well they hit threes. As that lead mounted I got less nervous. What an amazing tournament run by the Killer Bees and the Hive.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                          Inkblot can you help us with how the Women's Elite Eight is looking for reseeding? I see we are waiting on a game tonight and a game tomorrow night. How do you think this is shaking down?
                          I'd expect to see MSU somewhere in the 6-7 range. One thing I'm not sure how they'll handle is that Daemen, who'll have the worst metrics of the eight, has a win over Ferris State, who's third in RPI and middle-of-the-pack in PI. I'm not sure whether they'll put Daemen over Ferris State because of that, and what seed range the pair would be at if they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I'd expect to see MSU somewhere in the 6-7 range. One thing I'm not sure how they'll handle is that Daemen, who'll have the worst metrics of the eight, has a win over Ferris State, who's third in RPI and middle-of-the-pack in PI. I'm not sure whether they'll put Daemen over Ferris State because of that, and what seed range the pair would be at if they do.
                            Underdog story continues! How do you think they'll rank them best guess?

Comment

Congrats to Mankato. An absolute buzz saw all weekend. Hated to see SNU go out like that after a tremendous year. But Mavs are deserving. Shot the mess out of it tonight and Storm couldn’t throw it in the ocean from 3. Won’t be surprised to see Mavs on top next Friday.

Comment

Wow what an effort by the lady Mavericks. Congratulations.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X