Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 Central Region MENS NCAA Bracket Talk

No. 1 Minnesota State (29-2) vs. No. 8 Arkansas Tech (25-6) No. 2 Northwest Missouri State (27-4) vs. No. 7 Southwest Minnesota State (19-12)
    No. 3 Minnesota Duluth (25-6) vs. No. 6 Fort Hays State (23-7)
    No. 4 MSU Moorhead (24-5) vs. No. 5 Pittsburg State (21-10)

No big surprises to my eye here. I suppose the team that would feel most aggrieved would be Winona St, as they were two spots ahead of Pittsburgh St in the last rankings. But PSU got to the champ final where Winona did not and beat a good Fort Hays team 3 times this season, so I definitely get it.

Really excited by the Intercardinal Direction State University rematch of NW vs. SW!

Comment

Really looking forward to the SMSU vs. NWMSU game. I didn't get to see their first matchup this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Emmert's Burner View Post
        No big surprises to my eye here. I suppose the team that would feel most aggrieved would be Winona St, as they were two spots ahead of Pittsburgh St in the last rankings. But PSU got to the champ final where Winona did not and beat a good Fort Hays team 3 times this season, so I definitely get it.

Really excited by the Intercardinal Direction State University rematch of NW vs. SW!
        Agree on Winona. Some team was going to get bumped no matter what, due to the GAC not having a top 8 team. But that’s a big change. Not wrong, just a big change.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Agree on Winona. Some team was going to get bumped no matter what, due to the GAC not having a top 8 team. But that’s a big change. Not wrong, just a big change.
          I thought mid season that Minot would make their first appearance. But they fell off the table after the Mav game. Four NSIC teams in is a good thing for attendance.

PS- I saw that Upper Iowa also made the dance.

Comment

Set up an account and bought tickets for the tourney. They are crazy cheap-$18.00 per senior including $3.00 handling fee.
            btw-how did SWMSU get 7 and ATU 8?
            Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-11-2024, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I just got this email. $10 for adults- $5 for students and seniors.

Minnesota State University Mankato |Athletics Ticketing - Ticket Office Home (universitytickets.com)

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I thought mid season that Minot would make their first appearance. But they fell off the table after the Mav game. Four NSIC teams in is a good thing for attendance.

PS- I saw that Upper Iowa also made the dance.
                Minot apparently was in Columbus’ 4th ship because they fell off the edge of the world.

Yeah, and apparently Hilmer was POY in the conference. Good for them.

Comment

Mankato is in the ball-the info on the Tourney was posted last night. Still nothing on the SNU website about hosting the girls tournament

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                    Set up an account and bought tickets for the tourney. They are crazy cheap-$18.00 per senior including $3.00 handling fee.
                    btw-how did SWMSU get 7 and ATU 8?
                    Leaves more money in the pocket for concessions :)

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Leaves more money in the pocket for concessions :)
                      By ‘concessions’ do you mean Beer?

Comment

The rematch with SWMSU will be interesting. All MIAA defensive team Isaiah Jackson wasn’t suited up for the 1st neutral site meeting in game 2 of the season which NW lost by 7.

Mitch and Daniel are playing much better now but I doubt Bennett will score 29 again.
                        Im sure SWMSU is playing better now too plus they have the advantage of being familiar with the venue.
                        So far NW had avenged 2 of their 4 losses, this is their chance to avenge a 3rd.
                        IF they and Emmanuel make the E8 they might get a chance to avenge their 4th loss

Comment

Can’t wait for this weekend. Are you non-MSU folk first timers to Mankato? You’ll really enjoy the Taylor Center. I’ve been to quite a bit of D2 facilities and in my incredibly biased opinion it’s the nicest one. Only one that compares is maybe Drury.

Comment

Originally posted by GHawks View Post
                            Can’t wait for this weekend. Are you non-MSU folk first timers to Mankato? You’ll really enjoy the Taylor Center. I’ve been to quite a bit of D2 facilities and in my incredibly biased opinion it’s the nicest one. Only one that compares is maybe Drury.
                            Bowl Arenas with chair back seating are the best. The Taylor Center looks awesome. We love having this tournament in Maryville, but as much lipstick as they have put on it (and they’ve done a really nice job), Bearcat Arena sucks.

Comment

Miss the NSIC board - absolutely no discussion on GLVC group. Good luck to all the teams from NSIC that made the tourney. UIU made it in the Midwest region and play Kentucky Wesleyan first round, don't know a thing about them, but will be diving into their schedule and players this week.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X