Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post

I talked to them after the game (several Mav and Tech players too, don't want to be accused of ignoring them). I was told that they raised $10,000 to fly them up and take care of expenses. Having bands and cheerleaders really added to the game. And kudos to the student section, they were loud and involved.
    That's actually awesome on their part. Even though it was a one-and-done experience, I hope they enjoyed it. They did a great job.

I don't know much about ATU but I believe I was told some years ago they have a fairly dedicate fanbase.

Agreed on the student section. They were great. I could tell they were having fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
      I can’t believe Pitt is the 5
      Assuming you meant this as "they're seeded too high". Well last night's game would bolster that argument. I get that they normally shoot very well, so one bad shooting game isn't reflective of their overall quality. But they were still their usual sloppy with the ball, didn't seem to have much offensive vision, and gave up too many FTAs.

I didn't feel like the Dragons played particularly well, either, but at least did a nice job of driving, passing the ball, and contesting inside shots. The Dragons must shoot better today (especially from 3) to beat the Mavs.

Comment

Pitt was ahead of Hays 19-0 to start the MIAA semifinal game and ended up winning by about 20 pts. Hays almost beat Duluth. Pitt is normally a pretty tough team to beat.

Comment

Mavs game last night was very physical. Crazy what was getting let go at times. They hit 9 threes in the first 9 minutes of the second half. I don’t know if there’s anyone else in the country that can get it rolling offensively like they can for stretches. Just comes down to getting stops and not killing their own momentum with bad heat checks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Emmert's Burner View Post

Assuming you meant this as "they're seeded too high". Well last night's game would bolster that argument. I get that they normally shoot very well, so one bad shooting game isn't reflective of their overall quality. But they were still their usual sloppy with the ball, didn't seem to have much offensive vision, and gave up too many FTAs.

I didn't feel like the Dragons played particularly well, either, but at least did a nice job of driving, passing the ball, and contesting inside shots. The Dragons must shoot better today (especially from 3) to beat the Mavs.
            Correct, seemed like a generous seeding.
            All of this is exactly what I saw. Disoriented is the word that came to mind. Moorhead didn’t play great, but didn’t really need to.

Comment

Heavyweight Championship fight on Tuesday. Should be fun. Go Mavs 🤘🏻😈

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                Pitt was ahead of Hays 19-0 to start the MIAA semifinal game and ended up winning by about 20 pts. Hays almost beat Duluth. Pitt is normally a pretty tough team to beat.
                Pitt lives and dies with Shaw. I didn't watch to see how Moorhead shut him down, but they did.

Comment

What a game by the Willingham’s, combining for 52 points is wild. Gonna be a great game on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Pitt lives and dies with Shaw. I didn't watch to see how Moorhead shut him down, but they did.
                    Pitt seemed to shut themselves down. I was very surprised by that game.

Comment

For those who might care, Upper Iowa won their regional quarterfinal game over No. 2 seed Kentucky Wesleyan, before losing to Lake Superior State in the second round.

I believe the Jake Hilmer era has finally come to a close.

Comment

KW won’t extend their lead in titles again this year

Comment

Good luck NW.

Comment

Good luck Kato

Comment

Give em' hell Mavs!

Comment

Go Fighting McCollums! Show the world you don’t need a Trevor Hudgins to keep the dream alive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X