Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Originally posted by Eagles04 View Post
    And the as bad as Wod is....he's still head and shoulders above Happy!
    You guys always make that claim, and you maybe right, but Happy did win a national championship on the NAIA level at Georgetown as a head coach. Has Watson on a championship at any level as a head coach?? I couldn't find any evidence

Comment

Happy is also a champion for the program in the community, speaks humbly to the news media, gives his players the credit for the good things while taking the blame on himself when things go wrong (even if valid blame could be placed elsewhere), etc. Meanwhile nobody in Evansville even knows who Rod is, he gets combative with the media when they ask him difficult questions, and quickly throws others under the bus whenever possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
        You guys always make that claim, and you maybe right, but Happy did win a national championship on the NAIA level at Georgetown as a head coach. Has Watson on a championship at any level as a head coach?? I couldn't find any evidence
        WoD won a couple of mini tourney titles he will tell you so will JMH. Have you been to the PAC they have the banners hanging to prove it It's even in bold print in the media guide you must need glasses

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
          WoD won a couple of mini tourney titles he will tell you so will JMH. Have you been to the PAC they have the banners hanging to prove it It's even in bold print in the media guide you must need glasses
          Both programs have had better coaches in the past. U think u guys will go D1 in the next 10 years?? ie northern ky

Comment

Both programs have had better coaches in the past. U think u guys will go D1 in the next 10 years?? ie northern ky
            I agree one can not determine who the worst coach is. I do not see USI moving to D1 with current admin and current financial limitations. Less importance has been placed on athletics.... as if no one could notice.

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
              I agree one can not determine who the worst coach is. I do not see USI moving to D1 with current admin and current financial limitations. Less importance has been placed on athletics.... as if no one could notice.
              A better question may be which will happen first, USI to D1, or UE back to D2??

Comment

Winning in NAIA has been Happy's biggest problem and here is why. He had great talent at Georgetown and the talent was enough to overcome his lack of Xs and Os. He hasn't adjusted well to D II at all.

Wod has not won a championship at any level and won't in the future. He is like most of modern day politicians....low energy and no original ideas, but can talk enough smack to trick the sheep.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                  Winning in NAIA has been Happy's biggest problem and here is why. He had great talent at Georgetown and the talent was enough to overcome his lack of Xs and Os. He hasn't adjusted well to D II at all.

Wod has not won a championship at any level and won't in the future. He is like most of modern day politicians....low energy and no original ideas, but can talk enough smack to trick the sheep.
                  need to have KWC v USI play next fall in the Has Been Classic ( Sloppy vs Low E WoD). Special halftime Arm wrastling battle royale featuring JMH vs Junior Mallory, winner can keep himself from being declared weakest AD in d2.

Comment

For that to be a possibility with any success, USI would need a new AD. Look at SIU-E to see how that move goes if you don't have really good coaches. Their past D2 men's basketball teams would've beaten this year's D1 team by 30 minimum.

Comment

Look, in all honesty, my desire is for Happy Osborne to be successful at KWC. He has been successful as a college coach and as a high school coach in Kentucky. It is not easy to win 28 games in one season. Wesleyan's home court advantage has been highly successful in the past two years.

It's no secret that Happy's defensive scheme is the same as Rick Pitino's. It's a good strategy that can win a lot of games. However, when a team plays defense like that against most teams with the same talent that plays tough man to man defense, it's going to be harder to win.

Overplaying the basketball on defense will score a lot of points off of turnovers, but at times this season Wesleyan turned the ball over a lot as well. I dislike half court defense if that's all a team plays.

Next year's team will determine Happy's tenure. He is pretty stubborn, but he is not Napoleon. KWC determines it's success in basketball in the post season. Winning back to back G-MAC titles is great. It will not be that easy next year.

Happy recruited Sam Williams. Sam Williams is a very good D2 player, but don't think for a minute that the administration and supporters of the program were happy with the way the season ended.

Comment

My interest is in the entire athletic program, but the college depends on Men's basketball. The reason KWC depends on Men's basketball in alot of ways, especially when over half of the student enrollment are student athletes, is because of finances.

That needs to change. The college really needs to improve their overall enrollment. I think they will. I am going to be patient, for now.....

Bart Darrell stepped into a difficult situation. He has done well. It is extremely difficult to do what he is doing.
                        Last edited by alumnifan; 03-30-2017, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Board of Trustees should can Alphabet Bennett and her entire cabinet. The only thing that has grown at USI in her tenure is the number of Vice Presidents...the rich get richer. I have friends that I went to USI with that work there and they said raises have been few and far between but new Assistant VPs, Associate VPs, Asst and Associate Provost positions continue to grow. USI is now a Liberal breeding ground.

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideMafia View Post
                            Board of Trustees should can Alphabet Bennett and her entire cabinet. The only thing that has grown at USI in her tenure is the number of Vice Presidents...the rich get richer. I have friends that I went to USI with that work there and they said raises have been few and far between but new Assistant VPs, Associate VPs, Asst and Associate Provost positions continue to grow. USI is now a Liberal breeding ground.
                            I know of some people too. Well say they are in the blue collar area. They said same thing. More chiefs and more chief pay.

But is it any surprise ? WoD misses postseason loses attendance etc etc and he gets a raise and extension. I told a person I know he should build a house too then he'd get a usi raise and then could do shiddy work.

Comment

Happy has one scholarship left based on Verbal Commits.

Comment

Liberal breeding ground?

Bill O'Reilly has already paid out $13 million to settle sexual lawsuits. Looks like he's up to his old tricks. What a bunch of morons.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X